Thread: B.T. Internet...grrrrrrr

Substitute

B.T. Internet...grrrrrrr

Above says it all, right as rain till Christmas eve then keeps dropping off every ten minutes or so. Tried all usual fixes to no avail. Rang em Saturday having had dogshi@ internet over xmas and they will send an engineer on new year. Great. Anyone else had issues in Penwortham ?

Quote Originally Posted by beagleman View Post
    Above says it all, right as rain till Christmas eve then keeps dropping off every ten minutes or so. Tried all usual fixes to no avail. Rang em Saturday having had dogshi@ internet over xmas and they will send an engineer on new year. Great. Anyone else had issues in Penwortham ?
    Make sure your intenet is protected bud, somebody could be downloading filth, failing that try defraging the hard drive.
    dp/1853677280 Th
    Heal the world, make it a better place, for you and for preach and the entire human race

Coaching Staff
    It could possibly be that someone near you has got a new hub , are on the same wi-fi channel as you & it is conflicting... Have you tried changing the wi-fi channel? The help pages on BT.com guide you through how to do it on the hub that you have got

I'm in Penwortham and have had no problems with BT broadband since New Years day and tbh I'm quite impressed with them.
    When I dealt with Virgin however they demonstrated a level of incompetence that bordered on corrupt ........................... in my opinion obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by cpnend View Post
    I'm in Penwortham and have had no problems with BT broadband since New Years day and tbh I'm quite impressed with them.
    When I dealt with Virgin however they demonstrated a level of incompetence that bordered on corrupt ........................... in my opinion obviously.
    Yep, im with BT for my BB....... No probs here, although i am in Euxton not Penwortham.

Has this bin fixed?
    Raefil, He's the second best moderator this forum has ever had, closely behind Nobber.

Substitute
    Yes he came on thursday, was here ages. Changed the wire at the junction or summat. Worked great till today sunday then back to dropping off again.rang em and they are returning tuesday. They likened it to sucking a mcdonalds milkshake being sucked through a narrow straw... It wont come through. So he needed to get a wider straw.... Apparently

Yes he came on thursday, was here ages. Changed the wire at the junction or summat. Worked great till today sunday then back to dropping off again.rang em and they are returning tuesday. They likened it to sucking a mcdonalds milkshake being sucked through a narrow straw... It wont come through. So he needed to get a wider straw.... Apparently
    Check for mice infestation, they could be chewing the wire bud.
    dp/1853677280 Th
    Heal the world, make it a better place, for you and for preach and the entire human race