Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: B.T. Internet...grrrrrrr

  1. #1
    Substitute
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    563

    B.T. Internet...grrrrrrr

    Above says it all, right as rain till Christmas eve then keeps dropping off every ten minutes or so. Tried all usual fixes to no avail. Rang em Saturday having had dogshi@ internet over xmas and they will send an engineer on new year. Great. Anyone else had issues in Penwortham ?

  2. #2
    Assistant Manager preach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Staying away from gimboids
    Posts
    6,806
    Quote Originally Posted by beagleman View Post
    Above says it all, right as rain till Christmas eve then keeps dropping off every ten minutes or so. Tried all usual fixes to no avail. Rang em Saturday having had dogshi@ internet over xmas and they will send an engineer on new year. Great. Anyone else had issues in Penwortham ?
    Make sure your intenet is protected bud, somebody could be downloading filth, failing that try defraging the hard drive.
    dp/1853677280 Th
    Heal the world, make it a better place, for you and for preach and the entire human race

  3. #3
    Coaching Staff
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Buckshaw Village
    Posts
    3,947
    It could possibly be that someone near you has got a new hub , are on the same wi-fi channel as you & it is conflicting... Have you tried changing the wi-fi channel? The help pages on BT.com guide you through how to do it on the hub that you have got

  4. #4
    Assistant Manager cpnend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    4,348
    I'm in Penwortham and have had no problems with BT broadband since New Years day and tbh I'm quite impressed with them.
    When I dealt with Virgin however they demonstrated a level of incompetence that bordered on corrupt ........................... in my opinion obviously.

  5. #5
    Manager Ando60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Euxton
    Posts
    17,488
    Quote Originally Posted by cpnend View Post
    I'm in Penwortham and have had no problems with BT broadband since New Years day and tbh I'm quite impressed with them.
    When I dealt with Virgin however they demonstrated a level of incompetence that bordered on corrupt ........................... in my opinion obviously.
    Yep, im with BT for my BB....... No probs here, although i am in Euxton not Penwortham.

  6. #6
    ANARCHIST Nobber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    never been in the clink
    Posts
    49,077
    Quote Originally Posted by beagleman View Post
    Above says it all, right as rain till Christmas eve then keeps dropping off every ten minutes or so. Tried all usual fixes to no avail. Rang em Saturday having had dogshi@ internet over xmas and they will send an engineer on new year. Great. Anyone else had issues in Penwortham ?
    Has this bin fixed?
    Raefil, He's the second best moderator this forum has ever had, closely behind Nobber.

  7. #7
    Substitute
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    563
    Yes he came on thursday, was here ages. Changed the wire at the junction or summat. Worked great till today sunday then back to dropping off again.rang em and they are returning tuesday. They likened it to sucking a mcdonalds milkshake being sucked through a narrow straw... It wont come through. So he needed to get a wider straw.... Apparently

  8. #8
    Assistant Manager preach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Staying away from gimboids
    Posts
    6,806
    Quote Originally Posted by beagleman View Post
    Yes he came on thursday, was here ages. Changed the wire at the junction or summat. Worked great till today sunday then back to dropping off again.rang em and they are returning tuesday. They likened it to sucking a mcdonalds milkshake being sucked through a narrow straw... It wont come through. So he needed to get a wider straw.... Apparently
    Check for mice infestation, they could be chewing the wire bud.
    dp/1853677280 Th
    Heal the world, make it a better place, for you and for preach and the entire human race

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •