Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cyprus

Quote Originally Posted by northender0602 View Post
    We got back from Malta last week we got around a fair bit, we walked to Mehuillia? From Xemxjia,but it wasnt a good route, busy road and no pavements, there is a better option ( we later found) that you can acces from the Heritage trail. From this same trail we walked over to Golden Sands, and the next beach along, Riviera sands. There is another beach further along but we didnít get to that one. Both golden and riviera beaches are good sand, about half a mile between the two. The third beach is again, about half a mile on again. Went to Valetta didnít see much as we got the little gondola type boat over to Villatoria. When we got back we walked back towards the main square and it was heaving as Joseph Muscat was giving a speech, think it was at a labour rally. (The Maltese love the guy).

1.50 Euro anywhere on the island on public transport and providing you get back on the bus or get a connecting bus within two hours, you use the same ticket. e could have hired a car as they drive on the right, but they drive like maniacs. We are going to go back.
    Sorry lol - info was too late - I remember the cheap buses and the mad taxi drivers who tried to rip us off

We got back from Malta last week we got around a fair bit, we walked to Mehuillia? From Xemxjia,but it wasnt a good route, busy road and no pavements, there is a better option ( we later found) that you can acces from the Heritage trail. From this same trail we walked over to Golden Sands, and the next beach along, Riviera sands. There is another beach further along but we didnít get to that one. Both golden and riviera beaches are good sand, about half a mile between the two. The third beach is again, about half a mile on again. Went to Valetta didnít see much as we got the little gondola type boat over to Villatoria. When we got back we walked back towards the main square and it was heaving as Joseph Muscat was giving a speech, think it was at a labour rally. (The Maltese love the guy).

1.50 Euro anywhere on the island on public transport and providing you get back on the bus or get a connecting bus within two hours, you use the same ticket. e could have hired a car as they drive on the right, but they drive like maniacs. We are going to go back.
    Do you know why they drive on the right ?

Quote Originally Posted by edgy View Post
    Not a clue, enlighten me. Owt to do with swerving when they could hit head on because they drive like nutters

Not a clue, enlighten me. Owt to do with swerving when they could hit head on because they drive like nutters
    Malta was a British colony
    Effectively a good naval staging post

Malta was a British colony
    Effectively a good naval staging post
    Yep thought there was another reason for a minute, apparently it had more bombs dropped on it during the war than London. We went in the air raid shelters in Meheullia ( think thatís how itís spelt) 300 yards of them cut out of the rock by hand, with little rooms off them. It was a main point that everyone wanted due to its naturally deep harbours. It was key the the war effort in Africa. They took a lot of flak the Maltese.

Assistant Manager
    It is a complete myth about them driving on the right in Malta. The general rule is that they all drive down the middle & make it up as they go along. They really do drive like nutters

Quote Originally Posted by buckshawwhite View Post
    It is a complete myth about them driving on the right in Malta. The general rule is that they all drive down the middle & make it up as they go along. They really do drive like nutters
    They donít drive on the right though do they? They drive in the left like us. Just noticed it in the last few days re the posts. but they do have right hand drive cars. Yes they drive like absolute nutters, curve in the road? Just drive in a straight line
    Last edited by northender0602; 21-05-2018 at 11:25 PM.

true
    but for utterly mental try bangalore
    traffic lights, road signs all optional
    i remember watching the standard minimum two people on a scotter but one was facing backwards arms straight out odd i thought only when i got nearer did i realise he was transporting a 4 ft long fish tank !!

Assistant Manager
    true
    but for utterly mental try bangalore
    traffic lights, road signs all optional
    i remember watching the standard minimum two people on a scotter but one was facing backwards arms straight out odd i thought only when i got nearer did i realise he was transporting a 4 ft long fish tank !!
    ....and we get all irate about people cutting in at filters, middle lane hoggers etc.... Makes you think doesn't it

....and we get all irate about people cutting in at filters, middle lane hoggers etc.... Makes you think doesn't it
    think about the fish !!!
    oddly I tend to be quite relaxed at british driving
    In the RSA the method of slowing / warning traffic for an incident is to shove onto the motorway a weary victim whos solitary task is to dodge traffic who will ignore him regardless whilst waving a red flag somewhat without any vigour in the hope that his CV is accepted for a less dangerous job such as a lion tamer or repaired bungee cord tester !