Page 52 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 520 of 566

Thread: Lancashire County Cricket Club 2018

  1. #511
    Academy Team
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by chorleythehord View Post
    I think losing Jennings has been a blow, but other than that No excuses for failing to address our batting weakness.

    Watching Croft today was excruciatingly painful, almost wanted him out to put him out of his misery. Brown batted well in the first innings but I think his time is up. Possibly Lilley too. Also, unless Hameed gets runs in the winter, I donít think we can play him either.
    There has been a lot of people wanting to give some of our second 11 a chance but both Jones and Lamb have come in and looked out of their depth. Bohannan though looks like he could be the business.


    Sussex and Middlesex will be strong next year, but I still think we can bounce straight back with this team:

    Davies
    Jennings
    New no.3
    New no.4
    Livingston
    Vilaís as wicketkeeper / batsman - possibly , though jury still out
    Bohannan
    Parkinson
    2 from Bailey /Gleeson / Onions
    New seamer / second spinner - maharaj has looked ok if available.
    Yes, can't disagree with that

    Someone mentioned earlier that we'd paid Northants 50k for Gleeson's immediate release. this seemed a Div 2 decision for me. if we were serious about staying up we should have been doing the same at Northants for Ben Duckett who appears to have rocked up at Notts. Seems dodgy on the disclipinary front but can bat. Not sure if cup tied rules apply for T20 but he'd be useful on Saturday too

  2. #512
    Assistant Manager
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Bishop's Stortford
    Posts
    8,762
    Lilley is only 27 and a key white ball player for us, certainly at T20.

    Yorks certainly wanted Duckett but Nottingham is not too far up the road from Northampton.

  3. #513
    Assistant Manager
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Walton Le Dale
    Posts
    6,533
    Quote Originally Posted by chorleythehord View Post
    I think losing Jennings has been a blow, but other than that No excuses for failing to address our batting weakness.

    Watching Croft today was excruciatingly painful, almost wanted him out to put him out of his misery. Brown batted well in the first innings but I think his time is up. Possibly Lilley too. Also, unless Hameed gets runs in the winter, I donít think we can play him either.
    There has been a lot of people wanting to give some of our second 11 a chance but both Jones and Lamb have come in and looked out of their depth. Bohannan though looks like he could be the business.


    Sussex and Middlesex will be strong next year, but I still think we can bounce straight back with this team:

    Davies
    Jennings
    New no.3
    New no.4
    Livingston
    Vilaís as wicketkeeper / batsman - possibly , though jury still out
    Bohannan
    Parkinson
    2 from Bailey /Gleeson / Onions
    New seamer / second spinner - maharaj has looked ok if available.
    I still havenít given up on Hameed but weíll need someone to get a hold of him and sort him out. The current shower of coaches are failing abysmally. In fact, not one batsman has improved this year. Vilas can go for me (he wonít) because you expect so much more consistency from an expensive international. Davies should be keeping next year, his fingers should be better after a few months off. I believe Vilas doesnít like keeping, so credit to him for continuing for the team.

    It is understood that Joe Clarke was on the radar and a probable but surely not when/if we go down.

    One thing I will say about the batting is the seconds have been excellent all season. Chris Benbow is responsible for them and clearly doing a decent job but why arenít they progressing? Why canít they make the step up? Allott reckons itís the difference in pitches and he wants to get them playing on similar pitches to the first team but I suggest heís totally wrong. Theyíre going to be batting on worse pitches so it must be the quality of the bowling that theyíre facing. Maybe the silver lining might be that the likes of Lavelle and Guest (theyíll both play at Southampton if weíre already down, Lavelle seems the real deal) and Perry will get the chance to progress at a lower level next year, making the transition easier.

  4. #514
    Assistant Manager
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Walton Le Dale
    Posts
    6,533
    Quote Originally Posted by justinr73 View Post
    Lilley is only 27 and a key white ball player for us, certainly at T20.

    Yorks certainly wanted Duckett but Nottingham is not too far up the road from Northampton.
    And a much better batsman than he given chance to show. I think heís realised heís never going to get a proper chance in the first class game and has adapted his game to ensure he has a career in the game. W could have done worse than give him more of a chance this year, the one game he played he did reasonably well, batting with the tail.

  5. #515
    Assistant Manager
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Walton Le Dale
    Posts
    6,533
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtallsi View Post
    Yes, can't disagree with that

    Someone mentioned earlier that we'd paid Northants 50k for Gleeson's immediate release. this seemed a Div 2 decision for me. if we were serious about staying up we should have been doing the same at Northants for Ben Duckett who appears to have rocked up at Notts. Seems dodgy on the disclipinary front but can bat. Not sure if cup tied rules apply for T20 but he'd be useful on Saturday too
    To play on Finals Day you have to have been available to play in. A group game - so Gleeson canít play. Incidentally, Guptill has got injured and canít come back to play for Worcs.

  6. #516
    Assistant Manager
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Bishop's Stortford
    Posts
    8,762
    Thatís a shame!

    I see my former team-mate Chris Green got Guyana through to the final of the CPL. Heís already won the Big Bash.

  7. #517
    Manager Ando60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Euxton
    Posts
    17,685
    Quote Originally Posted by chorleythehord View Post
    I think losing Jennings has been a blow, but other than that No excuses for failing to address our batting weakness.

    Watching Croft today was excruciatingly painful, almost wanted him out to put him out of his misery. Brown batted well in the first innings but I think his time is up. Possibly Lilley too. Also, unless Hameed gets runs in the winter, I donít think we can play him either.
    There has been a lot of people wanting to give some of our second 11 a chance but both Jones and Lamb have come in and looked out of their depth. Bohannan though looks like he could be the business.


    Sussex and Middlesex will be strong next year, but I still think we can bounce straight back with this team:

    Davies
    Jennings
    New no.3
    New no.4
    Livingston
    Vilaís as wicketkeeper / batsman - possibly , though jury still out
    Bohannan
    Parkinson
    2 from Bailey /Gleeson / Onions
    New seamer / second spinner - maharaj has looked ok if available.
    I think that the new number 3 and new number 4 are going to be vital to our success ... the rest of the line up looks decent.

  8. #518
    Assistant Manager
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Bishop's Stortford
    Posts
    8,762
    It remains to be seen if Jennings will be available.

    I think heís going to have a decent winter.

    I admit that I canít back that up with anything more than a gut feeling!

  9. #519
    Manager Regardless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    17,638
    Quote Originally Posted by chorleythehord View Post
    New seamer / second spinner - maharaj has looked ok if available.
    Is that an understated view? Because it looks a bit surprising from my remote viewpoint - he seems to have been a success and bowled some beauties against Somerset.

    Anyway, after tomorrow, I'm hoping he'll be viewed as a batsman who can bowl a bit

  10. #520
    Assistant Manager
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    4,290
    Quote Originally Posted by chorleythehord View Post
    I think losing Jennings has been a blow, but other than that No excuses for failing to address our batting weakness.

    Watching Croft today was excruciatingly painful, almost wanted him out to put him out of his misery. Brown batted well in the first innings but I think his time is up. Possibly Lilley too. Also, unless Hameed gets runs in the winter, I donít think we can play him either.
    There has been a lot of people wanting to give some of our second 11 a chance but both Jones and Lamb have come in and looked out of their depth. Bohannan though looks like he could be the business.


    Sussex and Middlesex will be strong next year, but I still think we can bounce straight back with this team:

    Davies
    Jennings
    New no.3
    New no.4
    Livingston
    Vilaís as wicketkeeper / batsman - possibly , though jury still out
    Bohannan
    Parkinson
    2 from Bailey /Gleeson / Onions
    New seamer / second spinner - maharaj has looked ok if available.
    On paper that looks good, getting hold of decent No 3 & 4's may be a problem in division 2, particularly as we can't seem to compete, when it comes to contracts.

    No mention of Saquib Mahmood, do we see a way back for him.

    Is Chanderpaul injured or been released. I know he's not a had a great season, but surely we needed someone with his experience in a game like the one against Yorkshire, who would have grafted it out.

    For me the coaching staff, have to go, Lancashire has become an old boys club.

    It will be interesting to see if the old guard (Croft/Brown) get the nod on T20's day. I bloody well hope not.

    Bailey & Onions have performed very well this season. Not sure if these stats are before the Yorkshire game, Bailey 53 & 20.85 & Onions 56 @ 20.93, is an outstanding effort. Onions appeared quite critical of the batsmen in interview at the close of play yesterday & rightly so.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •