Page 54 of 57 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: Lancashire County Cricket Club 2018

Assistant Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtallsi View Post
    I missed the Onions interview, what did he say, broadly?

Something along the lines of, I've come here to do some bowling and a bit of coaching but ended up knocking me pan in all summer, and as soon as I get back to the dressing rooms and get the bowling boots off I'm strapping the pads on cos we're 30 for 5?
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/45491441

"There's a lot of emotion, a bit of anger and a bit of disappointment. We're in a position we've been in all year where we've put ourselves massively on the back foot.

"Credit to Yorkshire, they've dug in. We bowled some pretty good balls at them and they've shown some real character. You have to show determination like Gary Ballance did, and we haven't been able to do that.

"From my point of view, we've certainly not shown enough character. They've outplayed us in the two days. We won the first day, and they've won the next two. It's very, very disappointing.

"The batters don't mean to get out. They're training hard, but we just haven't got going at all. We have some good players in that dressing room. But we're losing wickets in clusters. We've got to hold our hands up and be brutally honest - we haven't performed as well as we could have."

Judging by the first line, I suspect at the end of the third day, there was a few exchanges in the dressing room, between the batsmen and the bowlers.
    Last edited by pbc373; 14-09-2018 at 03:35 PM.

Youth Team
    Quote Originally Posted by pbc373 View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/45491441

"There's a lot of emotion, a bit of anger and a bit of disappointment. We're in a position we've been in all year where we've put ourselves massively on the back foot.

"Credit to Yorkshire, they've dug in. We bowled some pretty good balls at them and they've shown some real character. You have to show determination like Gary Ballance did, and we haven't been able to do that.

"From my point of view, we've certainly not shown enough character. They've outplayed us in the two days. We won the first day, and they've won the next two. It's very, very disappointing.

"The batters don't mean to get out. They're training hard, but we just haven't got going at all. We have some good players in that dressing room. But we're losing wickets in clusters. We've got to hold our hands up and be brutally honest - we haven't performed as well as we could have."

Judging by the first line, I suspect at the end of the third day, there was a few exchanges in the dressing room, between the batsmen and the bowlers.
    Thanks for that, and I think you're probably right re: end of third day. I was at the end of the East Lancs just about to get on the M61 when we were 60 odd for 2, Croft offers up one to mid wicket. By the time I was at 31a on the M6 (no queues, just normal flowing traffic) we're 90 odd for 7. So "clusters" might even be under egging it a bit

Assistant Manager
    Looking forward to tomorrow.

Iím usually either at footy or rugby on finals day.

Come on Lancy!

Quote Originally Posted by justinr73 View Post
    Looking forward to tomorrow.

Iím usually either at footy or rugby on finals day.

Come on Lancy!
    I'm not at all excited right now. It feels a bit pointless but I expect I'll pick up by the morning - once the day arrives. Are you (or anyone on here) going?

Feeling a bit deflated myself. But I understand you can get little blue pills that help.

Assistant Manager
    I donít want to think about your blue pills.

Not seen any cricket this year due to injury (still on bloody crutches)but I reckon itís important that Lancs rescue the season tomorrow:

Despite the odd blip, the T20 team have looked a well drilled and well coached outfit.......

Coaching Staff
    Strong looking team. What a difference a couple of batters back makes! Worcs seem to be missing a few and lots might test on Moeen for them.

Good weather forecast here so hopefully will see lancs in final tonight. Iíll be on the match day thread for once. Hoping crazy is Working today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Assistant Manager
    Needed those wickets.

75 for 4 off 9.

Coaching Staff
    Settling down now. Some poor fielding has cost 10 runs. Moeen was the one we wanted.

Assistant Manager
    Nice of us to give Lester the 19th to give them a chance.

Coaching Staff
    Just 2 poor overs from us have allowed worcs to post a defendable target. Donít know why Livingston booked himself or why he gave lester that last but one over. They should be 20 less. Weíve made the same mistakes before. Frustrating.