Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 747555657

Thread: Lancashire County Cricket Club 2018

Assistant Manager
    The way we approached the power play was a bit amateurish to say the least.

Brown was absolutely outstanding.

I donít see Morgan as skipper beyond the World Cup and Mo has to be the man.

Quote Originally Posted by justinr73 View Post
    I donít see Morgan as skipper beyond the World Cup and Mo has to be the man.
    Moeen's captaincy yesterday was first class...

The way that he used his bowlers was clever and as you say in comparison we looked very amateurish...

I'm not sure that bringing Buttler back into the team worked either, although in his defence he should have opened the batting like he does for England, but obviously, Livingstone and Allot thought they they knew better !

Assistant Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Ando60 View Post
    Im glad that i didnt go now, even though i was invited by a friend of mine who lives in Sutton Coldfield and had bought some tickets

There were some chants aimed at Chapple after the game... The one that i heard whilst they were interviewing Livingstone was " Chapple, Chapple has to go "

Justin said on another post that there were some nastier comments than that..

Which hotel did you stop at WLD ??
    The Great Barr Hotel, took that one because it was near the motorway and north so less to drive today. On reflection, it wasnít that bad, just a little tired - excellent breakfast!

I think Iíll buy for next year as soon as they go on sale. The tickets for all counties members are always in the Raglan, exposed to the elements totally and not the best view and on the higher side of the price range. I suspect theyíre not as attractive as general sale tickets elsewhere and they can always be sold on if Lancashire donít make it.

I would never, ever indulge in such chanting at an individual but I can understand it. I had a brief chat with Liviís dad about it, some of the abuse he gets is ridiculous - heís had a poorish season but heís still a relatively young player and captain finding his way. It was noticeable yesterday how connected the other teams were with their fans, I think our players were reluctant to come over after the defeat - and I donít think I can blame them to be honest.

Assistant Manager
    Surprised Matt Parkinson didn't get a place in the one day squad to tour Sri Lanka. Pitches bound to turn and the lad has bowled beautifully this season. I suspect the fact that the lad can't bat doesn't help his case, not that it should. Livingstone too must have been close to selection and I would have took Brown from Worcester in place of one of the Currans after seeing him on Finals Day

Assistant Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by pbc373 View Post
    Surprised Matt Parkinson didn't get a place in the one day squad to tour Sri Lanka. Pitches bound to turn and the lad has bowled beautifully this season. I suspect the fact that the lad can't bat doesn't help his case, not that it should. Livingstone too must have been close to selection and I would have took Brown from Worcester in place of one of the Currans after seeing him on Finals Day
    I donít think theyíre likely to change much before the World Cup. Weíre ranked first.

Brown has only played 6 List A games and the Currans have better stats anyway.

Assistant Manager
    Looks like a full points victory over Hampshire and a defeat for Notts, who in the process only pick up a couple of points and we are safe.

Realistically, we will be down after our first innings with the bat, as we will probably secure one batting point at most