Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Former PNE Players Thread

League Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by northender1881 View Post
    He's got an autobiography coming out soon, will give it a read - should be a laugh if nothing else.
    I loved reading the things he did at North End, particularly the Sedgwick wind-up which I hadn't heard anything about at all. Will have to get that book too!
    #teamslikepreston

Assistant Manager northender1881's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MattPNE17 View Post
    I loved reading the things he did at North End, particularly the Sedgwick wind-up which I hadn't heard anything about at all. Will have to get that book too!
    If you like stuff like that and assuming you haven't already, you should have a listen to his 'Undr The Cosh' Podcast. Hilarious.
    "Rome wasn't built in a day. But I wasn't on that particular job."
    Brian Clough

League Starter
    Ex PNE players finding the net yesterday, were, Ryan Croasdale (AFC Fylde), Stuart Beavon and Chris Holroyd (Wrexham) and Chucks Aneke (MK Dons). Also, substitute appearances for, McGeady and Ben Pringle.

League Starter
    Ross Wallace has just signed for Fleetwood, undisclosed contract length after trial.

Would anyone have had him here?
    #teamslikepreston

Academy Team
    Quote Originally Posted by MattPNE17 View Post
    Ross Wallace has just signed for Fleetwood, undisclosed contract length after trial.

Would anyone have had him here?
    No... no pace and would just add to an array of ok midfielders

League Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by northender1881 View Post
    He's got an autobiography coming out soon, will give it a read - should be a laugh if nothing else.
    Read his book, not a bad one. He doesn't seem to think too highly of ex PNE employees, Phil Brown and Graham Alexander.
    Surprisingly, he said Westley was a decent bloke, but, didn't agree with his training methods.

Assistant Manager northender1881's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by janiejones View Post
    Read his book, not a bad one. He doesn't seem to think too highly of ex PNE employees, Phil Brown and Graham Alexander.
    Surprisingly, he said Westley was a decent bloke, but, didn't agree with his training methods.
    Parkin & Alexander not seeing eye to eye wouldn't surprise me to be fair. They certainly both seemed to have different ''perspectives'' shall we say on being professional athletes.
    "Rome wasn't built in a day. But I wasn't on that particular job."
    Brian Clough