Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: What sort of whelmed are we?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Daniels View Post
    Whilst I am here...

Hemmings Out.

Cue the "Trev saved us" brigade.

No, he didn't. He instead got himself a 2nd tier club on the cheap, way below market value. Ask yourself why?

Loan, Loan, Loan knowing full well we couldn't repay him. He orchestrated this to perfection. To what end game though? Certainly not promotion despite in 2012 "The Ambassador" scheme set up until 2019 which was then replaced in 2016 or 2017 by the "Premier Members" scheme. Remember the ads on the buses with every Prem Clubs badge on it with PNEs on there, too. Then you have his two speeches about getting promoted to the Prem.

Fake News, False Advertising.

We have had 12.5m from sales since January and TJH still didn't back Alex with the striker he has publicly wanted all year. Then, you have the current fiasco with the Training Ground.

Questions have to be asked. Even with extra , we still don't beef up the first XI. Just cheap potential instead which could go either way.

Bottom line is that TJH is 83, he can't take his s with him when the time comes so what is his end game? It isn't a promotion, I know that much, a fluke season against all the odds aside.

Hemmings Out.
    There will be some happy clappers foaming at the mouth after that.
    Blackpool the only town with two circuses

Quote Originally Posted by mapping View Post
    or keeping us afloat moving forward whilst trying to buy and nurture youth in a massively over-inflated transfer market, it appears we are now being run like a business which should give us good foundations moving forward.
    Not if we keep on selling the nurtured youth,that will leave us at a standstill at.best.
    Blackpool the only town with two circuses

Quote Originally Posted by Morse View Post
    I agree, it would be a sad time indeed. Some transparency would help, as has been mentioned on other threads, an explanation from the owner, what are his plans for the future? What has happened to the money from the Hugill/Cunningham sales? Is there any left? Supporters have serious, legitimate concerns which need to be addressed.
    I doubt we will see or hear anything from our owner, some of the money we received from the sale of Hugill/Cunningham will have been used to finance the signings we have made and also to enable the club to make new and possibly increased contract offers to the players that have recently had extensions to their contracts made.
    The remainder is perhaps being used so that TH does not need to finance the month by month running cost of the club by dipping in to his own pocket ? Who knows but we rarely hear anything from our owner and think this will be the case here after all he is the owner and he is running the club how he feels is best to run it.

Quote Originally Posted by proton View Post
    Not if we keep on selling the nurtured youth,that will leave us at a standstill at.best.
    With out the millions needed , thats where we are at, the moving foward comment was referring to time , rather than progression.
    Great minds discuss ideas.

Assistant Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Szacsky View Post
    I doubt it now.
    In my eyes AN is likely to leave at the first offer and I really rate him.
    We got lucky when Grayson left and we got AN, for a club that does things on the cheap the chance of that happening again is slim IMO
    +1

Dont know what to think but why couldnt we bring in a large brick of a striker given the four outgoings - I have real concerns that we might loose one of the best young managers if a club with real ambition shows interest - we seem to be sticking rather then taking any chances - but suppose if it was my money I would probabmy do the same.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Elwiss View Post
    I have real concerns that we might loose one of the best young managers if a club with real ambition shows interest
    A club like Norwich?

Quote Originally Posted by Elwiss View Post
    Dont know what to think but why couldnt we bring in a large brick of a striker given the four outgoings - I have real concerns that we might loose one of the best young managers if a club with real ambition shows interest - we seem to be sticking rather then taking any chances - but suppose if it was my money I would probabmy do the same.
    Stick or twist, with last seasons finish I think id be inclined to twist...