Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Avid readers, show some spine and share your covers .....

Investor
    Anything by Anthony Beevor.....currently reading his latest on Arnhem. Probably the best military history writer of the last 30 years.

Also just finished Operation Mincemeat which is the story of the man who never was.

Quote Originally Posted by PNEESSEX View Post
    Anything by Anthony Beevor.....currently reading his latest on Arnhem. Probably the best military history writer of the last 30 years.

Also just finished Operation Mincemeat which is the story of the man who never was.
    I find anything by Ben Macintyre to be very good. Have you read 'Agent Zigzag' and 'Double Cross'? Imho just up your street !!
    Clean Sheets Win Championships. UP THE NOBBERS & CURRY POWER . Proud sponsor of the EMB. Vote for Raphael Potead.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobber View Post
    Is that Steven King?
    It is indeed and the first one I've ever read of his!
    Alex Neil “This club has had a certain style for four years and I’m trying to change that and the style I want to play is the complete opposite to that.”

Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Sid Snot View Post
    I find anything by Ben Macintyre to be very good. Have you read 'Agent Zigzag' and 'Double Cross'? Imho just up your street !!
    Read all those pal - Agent Zigzag is absolutely outstanding.

Investor
    Quote Originally Posted by Sid Snot View Post
    Haven't read either of them,,but I shall.

I was reading Operation Mincemeat sitting in the beach about 800m away from where the body washed up! His grave is in Huelva.

Manager
    Haven't read either of them,,but I shall.

I was reading Operation Mincemeat sitting in the beach about 800m away from where the body washed up! His grave is in Huelva.
    You can gladly have my hardback copy of Agent Zigzag - PM if you want me to dispatch it fella.

Thats on the list
    Alex Neil “This club has had a certain style for four years and I’m trying to change that and the style I want to play is the complete opposite to that.”

Investor
    Quote Originally Posted by marsbars View Post
    Thats on the list
    It's a really good book...highly recommended. I read his book on D day a couple of weeks or so back. That was very hard going, but really excellent. In fact I've read all of his books and they're all, without exception, worth a read. He has a pleasing narrative style and presents facts and his interpretations in a very accessible and authoritative way.

Investor
    For those who like detective novels, anything by Anne Cleeves (Shetland tv series was based on her novels) is a good, easy read. Likewise Peter Robnson (DCI banks) is good for a beach read.

It's a really good book...highly recommended. I read his book on D day a couple of weeks or so back. That was very hard going, but really excellent. In fact I've read all of his books and they're all, without exception, worth a read. He has a pleasing narrative style and presents facts and his interpretations in a very accessible and authoritative way.
    Sounds good, will give it a try

Can I message you if there's any big words?