Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EFL Second round to use VAR at 4 games

Quote Originally Posted by BenPearsonIsGod View Post
    I was hugely against VAR (and still am tbh) but I'm resigned to the fact it will be brought in and I can see why it is needed with some of the incompetent referees in this country.

Still think it will ruin the experience for fans at the game though.
    Do you really think that referees "in this country" are more incompetent than average? I can't believe so.

Quote Originally Posted by Regardless View Post
    Do you really think that referees "in this country" are more incompetent than average? I can't believe so.
    Seeing as VAR was supposed to improve results from 96% right to 98% right then clearly they're not.

Substitute
    Quote Originally Posted by Regardless View Post
    No I don't, I didn't mean it to imply that they're better in other countries. Was just expressing how gash referees are in general!

First Team
    Quote Originally Posted by BenPearsonIsGod View Post
    No I don't, I didn't mean it to imply that they're better in other countries. Was just expressing how gash referees are in general!
    Players have a lot to answer for with their blatant diving and generally trying to "con" the ref at every opportunity. Without that, VAR may not have been necessary.