Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Update on Ingol Training Facilty (LEP)

Quote Originally Posted by Tino View Post
    So was it all up front or just not linked to milestones? I was led to believe it was all guaranteed but as with 99% of transfers its paid over the length of the contract. Id be surprised it the Hugill transfer was in the 1%.

I agree, I just like to ask probing questions.

It took them 5 seasons btw, I think we should afford the club the same before we start praising Huddersfield for doing stuff after pocketing at least 200M
    It was one lump sum up front.
    No wums please - low patience threshold

Coaching Staff
    The Training Ground saga has become like Brexit, iv'e lost interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Joanpne View Post
    It was one lump sum up front.
    Dave Seddon also said this in a live LEP online chat earlier this year as I reported then.
    RIP Kurt
    Best mates for 14 years
    09/98 - 11/06/12

Substitute
    Quote Originally Posted by sedgwick__7 View Post
    Our record in recent years hasn't been so bad. Brownhill and Bailey Wright (international player) are both playing at Championship level, as are Davies and Earl in our first team squad. Jamie Proctor, rate him or not, is also playing in the Championship with Rotherham.

We did have a long barren spell prior to that though, with basically nobody of note coming through between Lonergan and Wright (a decade ?).

Obviously we're yet to produce a superstar, multi-million player from our academy who goes on to be a top Premier League player, but that's very difficult given the competition to sign young players in our area.

Clubs like Sheffield United, for example, have a bigger catchment area than us and have much better academies as a result. Hence why they made huge money last year when Kyle Walker and Harry Maguire moved to Man City and Leicester. Even Barnsley did it with Stones. It is noticeable how we've never made decent money further down the line on a prospect from our academy.

Agree though that eventually, especially with the academy system seemingly becoming more and more favoured towards big clubs, more clubs will probably follow the model Brentford have tried. Ultimately it's basically what we do anyway with some of our first team recruitment. Picking up the scraps from Premier League clubs further down the line than academy level (Pearson, Johnson, Harrop, Robinson) and trying to develop them into good players.
    Brownhill was signed at 16 when he was released from United, can't really include him in that. Pretty sure Bailey Wright was only signed at a similar age too but might be wrong on that one.

The most talented players to come through our academy are Danny Mayor and Elliott Watt, one sacked us off for Wolves at 16 and the other doesn't like Football.

Quote Originally Posted by BenPearsonIsGod View Post
    Brownhill was signed at 16 when he was released from United, can't really include him in that. Pretty sure Bailey Wright was only signed at a similar age too but might be wrong on that one.

The most talented players to come through our academy are Danny Mayor and Elliott Watt, one sacked us off for Wolves at 16 and the other doesn't like Football.
    Not sure if it was an academy system back then but Kevin Kilbane was transferred for total fees of around 6m during his career and has the 3rd highest number of ROI caps in history, so he didn't turn out too badly. And to think, I never rated him when he was at Deepdale😕

Quote Originally Posted by Mickypne View Post
    The Training Ground saga has become like Brexit, iv'e lost interest.
    Ha Ha Ha, me too Micky !!

. and there is just as much BS being talked as well...............

Assistant Manager Staffordwhite's Avatar
    Both Ben Davies and Josh Earl are potentially 10m+ players IMHO.
    Alex Neil's Super White Army

Impressive...
    Vote For John Brown