Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Neil in !

Assistant Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by PNEurotic View Post
    He's paid to manage the resources he's given within the best of his abilities. Today was the first time I suspected he wasn't up to his contractual obligation. Hope my suspicions are wrong.
    No sh*t.

Work to rule do they call it?

Assistant Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by justinr73 View Post
    Presumably he was aware he hadnít taken the Man City job.

If he really is demoralised he should do one immediately.
    Guess so. But he was employed with the promise of realistic promotion campaigns and thereby the inference of modest but realistic investment.

Why would you give up a well paid job just because your boss has moved the goalposts and made the original target a virtually impossible task?

Think we can guess how things might pan out can't we.

Assistant Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by kbd_pne View Post
    Such a massive exaggeration that. Massive difference to expecting a Man City budget, and expecting just a bit of the Hugill and Cunningham money (2 key players gone).

Seems he couldnít get Moore from Barnsley or Jerome on loan sanctioned. Thatís hardly asking for multi-million superstars.

If he Ďdid oneí I suspect we wouldnít come close to finding someone of similar calibre.
    Firstly, I would be surprised if he really is demoralised but surely he is more professional than that?

However, he could be the best manager in the world but if heís behaving like a smacked arse then heís doing more harm than good.

Assistant Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by 26-0 View Post
    Guess so. But he was employed with the promise of realistic promotion campaigns and thereby the inference of modest but realistic investment.

Why would you give up a well paid job just because your boss has moved the goalposts and made the original target a virtually impossible task?

Think we can guess how things might pan out can't we.
    Dunno. Itís a long time since I wasnít the boss. Iíd like to think I would have the integrity to resign though.

Quote Originally Posted by justinr73 View Post
    Firstly, I would be surprised if he really is demoralised but surely he is more professional than that?

However, he could be the best manager in the world but if heís behaving like a smacked arse then heís doing more harm than good.
    I think youíll find itís the owner that is the smacked arse, not the manager.
    I'm back.