Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Manager Alex Neil felt his side did enough to win the game

I wasnít at the game on Saturday but I listened to it. I am not going into panic mode yet because itís still early days. We have had three suspensions in the first few games, all of them to players we donít need to lose. So, for me the discipline aspect is more a worry than anything.

We have been unlucky too in fairness, if it wasnít for bad luck, we would have had no luck at all but, even that has to change. Before we even kicked the season off, I said to my daughter in law, we always lose at least one top player pre or early season, Iím surprised everyone is ok, then we go and lose two!

I donít believe our manager becomes poor from one season to the next, or players become poor. We have had a bad start, but that in my view, is all it is. We will get players back and kick start our season of that I have no doubt.

Remember Sunderland a few years ago, they were tripe until aro7nd Christmas (when they played us ironically) and then went on to win the league! Not saying we will do the same but, Iím confident we will finish in a very acceptable position.
    No wums please - low patience threshold

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Joanpne View Post
    I wasnít at the game on Saturday but I listened to it. I am not going into panic mode yet because itís still early days. We have had three suspensions in the first few games, all of them to players we donít need to lose. So, for me the discipline aspect is more a worry than anything.

We have been unlucky too in fairness, if it wasnít for bad luck, we would have had no luck at all but, even that has to change. Before we even kicked the season off, I said to my daughter in law, we always lose at least one top player pre or early season, Iím surprised everyone is ok, then we go and lose two!

I donít believe our manager becomes poor from one season to the next, or players become poor. We have had a bad start, but that in my view, is all it is. We will get players back and kick start our season of that I have no doubt.

Remember Sunderland a few years ago, they were tripe until aro7nd Christmas (when they played us ironically) and then went on to win the league! Not saying we will do the same but, Iím confident we will finish in a very acceptable position.
    Fulham only won 4 of their first 17 games last season. Aston Villa won one of their first 7. What you are saying is spot on. We aren't a bad team overnight. We haven't got bad players. Fans talk of relegation and Neil being sacked are just football fans being what they are good at - fickle! Going to Leeds tomorrow night and winning is a big ask but we are capable. The one plus point is that their injury problems are probably just as bad as ours at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by White123 View Post
    Fulham only won 4 of their first 17 games last season. Aston Villa won one of their first 7. What you are saying is spot on. We aren't a bad team overnight. We haven't got bad players. Fans talk of relegation and Neil being sacked are just football fans being what they are good at - fickle! Going to Leeds tomorrow night and winning is a big ask but we are capable. The one plus point is that their injury problems are probably just as bad as ours at the moment.
    I think the issue is we haven't replaced like-for-like in terms of experience/skill

Target man Hugil
    Rock that is Cunningham
    Horgan, I guess has been replaced with Barker (short term)

Also some key players are off form
    Barky
    Rudd
    Nmecha (?)
    Moult(?)

Plus we have the boss tinkering with formations / subs.

Missed Maguire and Pearson too of late

It should settle down soon (I hope)

Reserve Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Joanpne View Post

Good points Mrs Joan. You and the ever-reliable Mr Ernest (plus 1 or 2 others) are the ones who regularly speak my mind - that's for that reassurance at this tricky (but not disastrous) time!!