Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sam Surridge

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot View Post
    If we can get the same player for nothing, then yes. My point is some people would prefer we spent £2m on a player regardless of what he’s worth.
    Interesting, just how do we go about signing good players for nothing?
    Blackpool the only town with two circuses

Don’t think any fan wants or “would prefer the club to spend £2m on a player regardless of what he’s worth.” Fans have an issue where the manager stated we need a striker, and apparently he and the owners’ advisor have identified and agreed a player or players should be approached during the window, only to be knocked back by the owner. It’s not a case of wanting money to be thrown away; rather its a matter of a striker being needed and appreciating the market has moved on and a portion of the money in our (swollen for PNE) coffers needed to be spent.

Assistant Manager BigMarkLeonard's Avatar
    6'3 and scores goals with his head,left foot and right foot. No idea whether he has presence or not,but he looks like he'll be decent when (if) he fills out. Could be a good addition, in line with our model.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Assistant Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMarkLeonard View Post
    6'3 and scores goals with his head,left foot and right foot. No idea whether he has presence or not,but he looks like he'll be decent when (if) he fills out. Could be a good addition, in line with our model.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Sounds like Connor Simpson, what happened to him Heard reports off a couple of lads in the youth team and they not very encouraging to say the least.

Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by pbc373 View Post
    Sounds like Connor Simpson, what happened to him Heard reports off a couple of lads in the youth team and they not very encouraging to say the least.
    Much more experienced than Simpson and come through a decent academy, much more likely to be first team ready.

Certainly started this season well.

Worth a look.

Scored another 2 yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot View Post
    Maybe we can ask Bournemouth if we can pay over the odds for him to keep some of our fans happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by JK View Post
    Or we could pay nothing to keep our owner happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by JK View Post
    You would rather we spend nothing?

Interesting.
    We are the mighty North End - surely he'll pay us to come and play a Deepdale
    With my luck I'll be at the airport when my boat comes in