Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1959676869

Thread: New pub for Preston?

Quote Originally Posted by AndySaville View Post
    Sigh yet another attempt to derail this thread. If you don't like it perhaps just ignore it like I have with your previous posts?

FYI I was referring to the OBB's cask options as 'bland' because, well, they are and it is serving cask ale of that standard which has seen the popularity of the place plummet, cause numerous landlords/bar managers to quit and the place to close at least twice in the last two/three years. Exactly the same can be said of the Dog & Partridge.

I don't mention drinks like Guinness, San Miguel etc because nearly every pub in the land serves it or something similar and have done for years whilst in many cases said products taste exactly the same on draught as they do in a can/bottle. Hence why lots of their consumers nowadays prefer to buy 24 cans for a tenner and stay at home.

Admittedly cider isn't my thing but I am impressed how proper cider is flourishing as opposed to the chemically produced, sugar laden stuff that claims to be the same drink. Many of the places I frequent do cask/boxed ciders and people love it.

There's no snobbery here but don't expect people to shout from the roof tops when a venue that serves exactly what everywhere else does opens/reopens.
    There is plenty of room in the pub for both sets of drinkers which is fantastic as ten years ago I rarely found good cask ale outside of the Greyfriar.
    real cider is fantastic, if you are ever on the Somerset Levels, Wilkins Cider Farm is worth a visit, but the quality of his cider depends on the harvest.

Been supping real ale/cider for years, unfortunately due to being diagnosed with coeliac disease, beer is now out of the question for me, so will just have to fill me boots on cider.
    Last edited by Jack Daniels; Today at 12:25 AM. Reason: quote tags

Quote Originally Posted by AndySaville View Post
    Sigh yet another attempt to derail this thread. If you don't like it perhaps just ignore it like I have with your previous posts?

FYI I was referring to the OBB's cask options as 'bland' because, well, they are and it is serving cask ale of that standard which has seen the popularity of the place plummet, cause numerous landlords/bar managers to quit and the place to close at least twice in the last two/three years. Exactly the same can be said of the Dog & Partridge.

I don't mention drinks like Guinness, San Miguel etc because nearly every pub in the land serves it or something similar and have done for years whilst in many cases said products taste exactly the same on draught as they do in a can/bottle. Hence why lots of their consumers nowadays prefer to buy 24 cans for a tenner and stay at home.

Admittedly cider isn't my thing but I am impressed how proper cider is flourishing as opposed to the chemically produced, sugar laden stuff that claims to be the same drink. Many of the places I frequent do cask/boxed ciders and people love it.

There's no snobbery here but don't expect people to shout from the roof tops when a venue that serves exactly what everywhere else does opens/reopens.

There is plenty of room in the pub for both sets of drinkers which is fantastic as ten years ago I rarely found good cask ale outside of the Greyfriar.
    Not trying to derail the thread. I am entitled to an opinion.

I am simply pointing out that you seem to have contempt for drinkers that don't drink what you drink.

Elitism springs to mind.

Not every obscure brand is great, not every mass produced ale is shite. This is my point. I haven't heard of about 90% of the ales you mention. Too obscure to the general public like myself.

I bet if I bought you a pint of San Miguel, you wouldn't refuse it!
    Last edited by Jack Daniels; Today at 12:27 AM.
    RIP Kurt
    Best mates for 14 years
    09/98 - 11/06/12