Page 66 of 68 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 LastLast

Thread: New pub for Preston?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeepdale1 View Post
    Popped into the Market Tavern last night. Beer options were awful so we didnít stay. We wondered if Jeremy still had it as there had been at least one passable cask on when weíve been in since he took over. The new guy obviously isnít invested in having good beer on. Shame, itís a nice pub in a great location but no-one seems to be able to make it work.
    So The Market Tavern is now.... The Market Tap.

Boasting 6 cask pumps and 16 kegs taps with a 50/50 split of Heineken/free of tie beer (Heineken must be desperate to give so much away) the guys from Wings & Beer are stating a complete refurb is pending along with a fairly slow transition from what it is now to a bar serving a mixture of high end craft ale and more mainstream beer from Heineken. Food and cocktails would be the final addition once the facilities are installed.

Can't argue if that's how it ends up being!

Trialist
    Yeah saw that on social media. Fair play to them if they do it. Itíll be a welcome addition to the current crawl, involving MB, Vinyl Tap, Orchard and Plug and Taps. Happy days!

Two launches over the weekend.

Micropub Wilkins & Pye in Longton was meet with mixed reviews as whilst the place looks the part the beer offerings aren't great from a place that has 'craft' written all over it. The two cask beers for example were a rebadged Beer Brothers bitter and Jennings Cumberland whilst Beavertown's Neck Oil was the only option on keg that wasn't a lager. Still early days and hopefully the landlord will listen to the punters about what beer to serve.

Yesterday Vinyl Tap opened its doors with a launch party featuring local band The Templebys. Six cask pumps serving the likes of Wild Weather, Arbor, Blackjack and Sirencraft with a Kernel IPA on keg amongst the tied Henienken products. Cloudwater, Shindigger and Atom cans in the fridge. Really great place with a huge selection of Vinyl records for you to choose whilst downing a pint or two or whilst enjoying breakfast and a coffee.

Trialist
    Was in Vinyl Tap on Saturday night, it was mobbed. Fair put me in mind of the early 80s in the Moonraker, with its muso vibe (yes Iím that old), with standing room only and a few familiar faces from bands from that time in attendance. Proper nostalgia rush! Place looks nicely done but couldnít really see much for all the folk in there.

Trialist
    Quote Originally Posted by AndySaville View Post
    Two launches over the weekend.
    Yesterday Vinyl Tap opened its doors with a launch party featuring local band The Templebys. Six cask pumps serving the likes of Wild Weather, Arbor, Blackjack and Sirencraft with a Kernel IPA on keg amongst the tied Henienken products. Cloudwater, Shindigger and Atom cans in the fridge. Really great place with a huge selection of Vinyl records for you to choose whilst downing a pint or two or whilst enjoying breakfast and a coffee.
    Was in Vinyl Tap on Saturday night, it was mobbed. Fair put me in mind of the early 80s in the Moonraker, with its muso vibe (yes Iím that old), with standing room only and a few familiar faces from bands from that time in attendance. Proper nostalgia rush! Place looks nicely done but couldnít really see much for all the folk in there.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeepdale1 View Post
    I like the name Vinyl Tap - very 1960's

Manager
    That Ballers is looking pretty smart.

https://www.facebook.com/ballerspres...type=3&theater

It's not the Macs bell ends, it's the guys who own Switch (Squires) and took over Applejax in Chorley.

Not big on the American themed shite, but might be decent to watch footy, competition for Wings & Beer.

In a village full of idiots who will never understand!
    The Beer Box in Brig as opened too...

Quote Originally Posted by sf View Post
    That Ballers is looking pretty smart.

https://www.facebook.com/ballerspres...type=3&theater

It's not the Macs bell ends, it's the guys who own Switch (Squires) and took over Applejax in Chorley.

Not big on the American themed shite, but might be decent to watch footy, competition for Wings & Beer.
    It can't be any worse than the previous 2/3 incumbents! Have to say I'm a fan of Wings & Beer with their very decent food and ale though I've never been to watch a sporting event. Hope this new place doesn't lower their trade too much.

Elsewhere tonight see's the opening of Beer Box, Bamber Bridge's second micropub. Six cask pumps on the preview pics but not sure what else to expect.

Assistant Manager northender1881's Avatar
    Increasingly decent little crawl going on in Brig now. I could start at Hob Inn, then Brig & Barrel, Withy Arms, Beer Box and finish off in Walton Arms (possibly - bit hit & miss in my experience) before heading back to Walton-le-Dale.

Anyone with knowledge of Brig will notice there are a number of places I missed out in that list - that was not a mistake.

Now if we could just muster a promotion and then have a subsequent coffin procession to enjoy these establishments
    "Rome wasn't built in a day. But I wasn't on that particular job."
    Brian Clough