PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

The Ryan Lowe Thread!

And your realisations are being played out by the club to the letter....... Mediocrity.
I just don’t understand why people get interested in sport with no desire or passion than to be a permanent also ran. It makes no sense.

Also if they want realistic then realistically we are the perennial failures of like sized clubs in Lancashire, can’t do, won’t do of the footballing world . Realistically we have achieved zilch in decades unless they want to accept refuting to where we started in 1961 as an achievement which is a low bar by anyone’s standards.

It’s funny reading the thread recently as the rhetoric has changed and the personal insults have stopped towards Lowe and the negativity it’s factual with stats backing up what we see on the pitch.

The defence of him is only- who else, the budget, punching above our weight.

History has shown and recent history that clubs with small budgets can progress. Yes parachute payments help but it is possible.

You only have to see the ripple of applause towards Lowe at the start of games to know where he stands with the fans.

We are in a bad run now- one win in 6 and 5 no scores in 6 and if it continues at the start of next season he will be off.

But surely the club must see what most of us see- a manager not good enough at this level.

Rumours marsh may be off, coaching staff leaving at the start of this season.

I hope RL goes as well and I’m sure he will at the first sniff of something else.
Marsh might be leaving? Where's this from?

Can't say I'd care but he's the only coach at the club with actual credentials.

I just don’t understand why people get interested in sport with no desire or passion than to be a permanent also ran. It makes no sense.

Also if they want realistic then realistically we are the perennial failures of like sized clubs in Lancashire, can’t do, won’t do of the footballing world . Realistically we have achieved zilch in decades unless they want to accept refuting to where we started in 1961 as an achievement which is a low bar by anyone’s standards.

That's what baffles me about the Hemmings' ownership. It is massively under-rated the financial security they bring to the football club and I'm grateful for it...

But...

It always seems that they are doing it purely to provide a football club for the City and they pay huge sums of money for the club to exist so that people can go to watch a game of football. And that's where it ends.

There is a continual hope that we can compete and maybe get lucky with a play-off spot one year but no real strategic planning to keep progressing. There's no desire or passion there anymore, everyone has "settled" for what we have post-Ingol when the Premier League ambition died.

Apart from this its all going quite well really.... What we're told is progress!
Yeah and we will go again next season etc then wait to summer for transfers etc it's just boring ok Luton are prob a smaller club to us but look where they have come from incredible. Wish we had ambition to go places as a club.

Lots of clubs in league 1 will most likely over take us at somepoint. We just want to be excited most times going on Deepdale is a bore.

Never knew you felt so strongly about me, Joan. But it's so true what you say it's embarrassing. We are non entities going nowhere, ever. Another ten years gone by and not even one run in the play offs. I don't see the point of it.

What a load of tosh in todays Lep re contracts etc it says nothing.Plus I suspect they have been fed a story by the Riddler to make us think we could be in for an Italian second div player.

What a load of tosh in todays Lep re contracts etc it says nothing.Plus I suspect they have been fed a story by the Riddler to make us think we could be in for an Italian second div player.

I'm already sick of pointing out the Jordan Jones bullshit.

It's going to be a long Summer.

Well said Joan. Unfortunately a good number of the team simply don't have the skill set necessary to operate above mid/ lower table level. Ledson is a prime example ... looks the part but his lunging mistimed tackles are a liability along with his inability to control a ball and pass properly. His constant hoofing the ball wildly upfield seems to be all he is good for.

You must cringe to watch the present level after all the good players you have seen wear the shirt in years gone by !!
Comparison to Gallagher and Pearson comes to mind .Not even on the same planet never mind the same level.

Whoop de doo. It's about being in there at the end and as per usual we donned the shorts and sandals and fucked it right up.
It doesn't help that Lowe seems to set points target that are unlikely to achieve a top six berth.

In today's interview he said something along the lines of "we've got a target, we've fallen short of that target so far but we've got two games to go"

Despite the fact 69 points would have only been good enough for 6th in 1 of the last 8 seasons. (And even then only if we had a GD of 13+ goals).

In the last eight seasons to get sixth spot it's needed 69, 75, 77, 70, 74, 75, 80, 74 points and a decent goal difference.

He says it's an "achievement in itself" to be where we are right now in the table. This only emphasises how low our level of ambition is.

Last edited:

So we have had a "fantastic" season at home. Really?
Mediocrity is accepted at Deepdale
We are 7th in the league for home form, with a mighty plus 2 goal difference.

My definition of fantastic is far greater than won 11, drawn 4, lost 7

Stop spouting bollox and maybe more people might like you

Preston North End FC StatsPreston North End FC2211473533+2371.6814%68%0.9886%73%3.09

Marsh might be leaving? Where's this from?

Can't say I'd care but he's the only coach at the club with actual credentials.
Isn't he the main man when coaching the defensive side of our game? (I.e. in other words, most of our game!)
I won't be losing any sleep!!