PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

The Ryan Lowe Thread!

That's because you're focused on PNE surely?

If you ever hear talk of the 'fairy tale' around Luton or any of these other clubs, it's the same thing. It's a magical story because they're not supposed to be there.

When the media talk about us it's usually been that we'd like to make the playoffs, but our modest budget makes it a difficult thing to achieve.
Not what I’ve heard them say to be honest, and it’s a muted argument anyway by the media posts you quoted “plucky Burnley” “poor Preston” not much positivity for us there is there?. Modest budgets are overcome everywhere but Preston. I have even heard the laughter from pundits on TV of them saying “they should call the ground after the manager if he can get them promoted” that was Billy Davies era. As recently as last week I had to say how the media totally patronised us. You have a different perspective to me, that’s fine, I’m not going to argue.

Not what I’ve heard them say to be honest, and it’s a muted argument anyway by the media posts you quoted “plucky Burnley” “poor Preston” not much positivity for us there is there?. Modest budgets are overcome everywhere but Preston. I have even heard the laughter from pundits on TV of them saying “they should call the ground after the manager if he can get them promoted” that was Billy Davies era. As recently as last week I had to say how the media totally patronised us. You have a different perspective to me, that’s fine, I’m not going to argue.

Well yeah, I've posted those ones from a position where they have overcome their expectations, of course they're going to be positive. The exact same would be said about us if we did it.

Frankly 'club sits about where it should' isn't exactly newsworthy, is it?

Well yeah, I've posted those ones from a position where they have overcome their expectations, of course they're going to be positive. The exact same would be said about us if we did it.

Frankly 'club sits about where it should' isn't exactly newsworthy, is it?
But we have never been positive that’s the thing.

“club sits where it wants to be” is the truth. If several others can overcome small budgets surely it proves it’s a hurdle not a prevention.

Not that I want him as our manager, but I don't think anyone is too much of a hothead to be a successful manager.

Fergie, Klopp, Conte just to name a few who go mental. Even looking closer to home, Alex Neil is very intense in that respect.

Plus, Ched is aggressive with his style of play, but I wouldn't say his demeanour on the pitch suggests that he's a hothead!
Fair point , you can include Arteta in that list as well….

I guess it’s a fine line between hothead and passionate .

It’s funny reading the thread recently as the rhetoric has changed and the personal insults have stopped towards Lowe and the negativity it’s factual with stats backing up what we see on the pitch.

The defence of him is only- who else, the budget, punching above our weight.

History has shown and recent history that clubs with small budgets can progress. Yes parachute payments help but it is possible.

You only have to see the ripple of applause towards Lowe at the start of games to know where he stands with the fans.

We are in a bad run now- one win in 6 and 5 no scores in 6 and if it continues at the start of next season he will be off.

But surely the club must see what most of us see- a manager not good enough at this level.

Rumours marsh may be off, coaching staff leaving at the start of this season.

I hope RL goes as well and I’m sure he will at the first sniff of something else.

It’s simple.

There is mininal consistency.
We’ve played appallingly in around half of the games this season.
We don’t shoot or score enough.
We don’t capitalise on opportunities to consolidate wins.
We rarely perform under pressure.
We rarely change games with substitutions.
We aren’t much good in the cup.
Manager Interviews can be nonsensical.
We aren’t ever often convincing.

Yea it’s a tough league, yes we’ve made some good signings, and yes it’s good to be top half - but we’re seriously underachieving, it could be so much better with a remotely competent manager in charge.

Hard to disagree with any of that because it's all true......... But I'm trying to be fair here by asking if we should have signed this clot in the first place? Even with hindsight I'd say that it wasn't a bad appointment at all ( young, upcoming Manager ) and I doubt many would argue?

My real beef now that we realise he's a charlatan is that those paid a fortune to do an in depth study of his ability did fuck all other than fall for the patter. People admire their own traits in others and therefore Ridsdale thought he was the bees knees without doing any investigation.

Ridsdale is PNE's real problem and because of that I'll slate Lowe all day long but won't put any store in his replacement if the club sack him so what's the point?

Our situation /outlook/endeavour/thinking/ambition/achievement will never change while Ridsdale is at this club. .

Burnley and Luton are absolutely seen as little teams where they are, as are Blackpool when at this level.

Think you missed @Joanpne point there................. PNE have a mindset of being " little " and the outside world naturally mimic it. If it's the image we project then that's what we are....Some of the other clubs mentioned don't accept that they are " little" at all.

Just me who thinks Lowe still acts like he's a player who's just become a manager, despite 3 different manager jobs now.

He shows no signs of trying to act in a strict or professional manner and his dire tactics and running his team into the ground hence why Potts, Whiteman and McCann are all injured its truly abysmal man management.

Think you missed @Joanpne point there................. PNE have a mindset of being " little " and the outside world naturally mimic it. If it's the image we project then that's what we are....Some of the other clubs mentioned don't accept that they are " little" at all.

Joan was talking about the media's perceived condescension for talking about our natural level as a club. It's the exact same thing when people talk about Luton touching the top flight like it's a fairy tale. Honest reporting on a team's overachievement.

They don't magically start mimicking whatever clubs decide to spout. If Burnley started telling the world they're aiming for Champions League football next season, do you think they'd all stroke their beards and nod about how serious their threat is to the big 6? Give over.

You're arguing with people that accept mediocrity and even to a degree defend it as if it's inevitable......... The owners and senior Management have the same outlook and it's why we will always be seen as "little" Preston....

Ever feel like you're flogging a dead horse because I do ? :)

Joan was talking about the media's perceived condescension for talking about our natural level as a club. It's the exact same thing when people talk about Luton touching the top flight like it's a fairy tale. Honest reporting on a team's overachievement.

They don't magically start mimicking whatever clubs decide to spout. If Burnley started telling the world they're aiming for Champions League football next season, do you think they'd all stroke their beards and nod about how serious their threat is to the big 6? Give over.

I know what she was talking about but your whole demeanor comes over as acceptance of our position....... which is the exact opposite of what we should be doing in my view.

Really?................ Lowe and his management ability seem extremely popular with Sky ....Where did that come from other than his own self publicity?

I know what she was talking about but your whole demeanor comes over as acceptance of our position....... which is the exact opposite of what we should be doing in my view.

I'm a realist. I started watching PNE in the 4th tier. I'd much rather be here than there.

It's fine to criticise the club, I do it all the time. I just don't like the invention of bullshit to do it, when there's a myriad of good reasons to do so. It undermines the good points when you pad them out with nonsense.

There are a ton of things that we should be doing to improve our chances to go up. Lying to the press about our supposed Premier League intentions is arguably one of the only things that Ridsdale already does!

Just me who thinks Lowe still acts like he's a player who's just become a manager, despite 3 different manager jobs now.

He shows no signs of trying to act in a strict or professional manner and his dire tactics and running his team into the ground hence why Potts, Whiteman and McCann are all injured its truly abysmal man management.

You should have heard Lowe in the presser this morning, desperately trying to impress Andy Bayes by saying the players had "been training for three days on the bounce now" after the QPR game.

Three days. For a couple of hours. In a row. As if that's unusual for a professional football team.

I'm a realist. I started watching PNE in the 4th tier. I'd much rather be here than there.

It's fine to criticise the club, I do it all the time. I just don't like the invention of bullshit to do it, when there's a myriad of good reasons to do so. It undermines the good points when you pad them out with nonsense.

There are a ton of things that we should be doing to improve our chances to go up. Lying to the press about our supposed Premier League intentions is arguably one of the only things that Ridsdale already does!

And your realisations are being played out by the club to the letter....... Mediocrity.