PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Champions League /Europa League

I believe I saw where Pep intends to take a short sabbatical when his contract is up at City, and then look for a national team to manage.
To truly be considered as one of the best of all time I think he needs to prove it by managing on non PL club with a very modest budget. Perhaps a Championship club, based in Lancashire.

Bearing in mind the Premier league is supposed to be THE best league with the best teams, as it currently stands:

City. Out
Arsenal. Out
Liverpool. Out
West Ham. Out

Aston Villa the only remaining team In European competition at the semi-final stage.

Bearing in mind the Premier league is supposed to be THE best league with the best teams, as it currently stands:

City. Out
Arsenal. Out
Liverpool. Out
West Ham. Out

Aston Villa the only remaining team In European competition at the semi-final stage.
Not really fussed about any of them especially Liverpool.

City. Out
Arsenal. Out
Liverpool. Out
West Ham. Out

The Sky Sports marketing campaign holds no bounds. Have to market it as the best in order to sell the product.

Just like the manufactured big 6, or race for top 4, there is no top 4. So they can sell off meaningless shit games as meaning something. All manufactured bullshit in order to sell a product, you either win or lose. No top 4 nonsense.

Villa, a team without a major trophy for fuck knows how long, were hoping Emery prioritised top 4 rather than the trophy they can win.
The Sky marketing over the last 2 decades has ruined English football

And they say it’s the best league in the world
In terms of the quality of teams from top to bottom, attendances, stadia etc. it probably is. I've not researched but I'd imagine the latter stages of European competitions are more often made up by English clubs than any other single nation.
That said, more non Premier league clubs win these competitions.
The Premier league certainly has the strength in depth.

In terms of the quality of teams from top to bottom, attendances, stadia etc. it probably is. I've not researched but I'd imagine the latter stages of European competitions are more often made up by English clubs than any other single nation.
That said, more non Premier league clubs win these competitions.
The Premier league certainly has the strength in depth.
No English teams left in any of the main European comps , I think that we overate the premier league….