PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Club for Sale

the fans provide a chunk of the money the club needs. Sky provide a decent amount and the family. percent of income wise I'd guess fans are the bottom one of those three. though all self fulfilling

the fans are a hugely important cog in any club - ours are by en large negative and moan at anything. It puts people off the club

Season ticket price next season at £1k then for all adults 18-65. The family say they're happy to put in 4 times as much if fans are willing to do the same

see if we get 12k season ticket holders then. you know what would happen and people could certainly afford it. especially if kids free.

I'm all for fresh ideas, people know that FFP is a real thing. they know we have limited budget and squad space. Lowe is a young manager who has made mistakes and yet he's clearly improved himself and improved players

Ridsdale has seen the club go from Midtable league one to top half championship.

everyone wants everything so instantly and has zero patience. We don't have 3m to throw at a right back and even if we did it could upset the balance of the team and the budget of wages (Scott sinclair....)

We live within our means and it means slow steady growth. Getting the fans to believe in the slower process and not complain about EVERYTHING would help

Deleting this site and twitter would certainly help tbf
Even Peter isn't this naive (I would hope). We don't live within our means, we post annual losses of £10m+. There has been no growth in revenues, asset value (including player valuation), commercial activities, or on-field performance.

In fact, a cursory glance at the latest financial statements would suggest the only growth is in the net debt/ liabilities figure, directors emoluments, and Balance Sheet deficit.

With Rotherham confirmed as relegated, as it stands we will be bottom of the league in terms of revenues recognised (and therefore avaliable financial resource). Unacceptable IMO.

Even Peter isn't this naive (I would hope). We don't live within our means, we post annual losses of £10m+. There has been no growth in revenues, asset value (including player valuation), commercial activities, or on-field performance.

In fact, a cursory glance at the latest financial statements would suggest the only growth is in the net debt/ liabilities figure, directors emoluments, and Balance Sheet deficit.

With Rotherham confirmed as relegated, as it stands we will be bottom of the league in terms of revenues recognised (and therefore avaliable financial resource). Unacceptable IMO.
Apologies if I've miss understood your post. Every credit to the owners for subsidising the losses, but surely it's there mistake that we're not seeing any growth in income, ie player development and sales. Surely if this was done correctly, there would be the potential to development funds for player investment and reduce losses.

Apologies if I've miss understood your post. Every credit to the owners for subsidising the losses, but surely it's there mistake that we're not seeing any growth in income, ie player development and sales. Surely if this was done correctly, there would be the potential to development funds for player investment and reduce losses.

Hemmings seems determined to stick with Ridsdale and his antiquated approach to business.

Please don't call me Shirley.

Absolutely, the owners put in a very reasonable amount each year, which shouldn't be overly criticised, but why they employ someone who largely wastes it and has no credible ideas to increase revenue other than asking for more monies from the prem for him to fritter - should be!

The point I'm making is that the club/ business is performing woefully at every level. The ownership/ controlling parties don't understand football as a sport or as a business.

They employ PR, whom despite being on the EFL Board, implements a strategy/ structure which minimises our P&S headroom, resulting in a competitive disadvantage. Stoke City generate circa 150% more revenue than do PNE. Why is he not held accountable for this discrepancy?

PR appointed RL, whom is out of his depth, and thus the playing staff are not improving or appreciating in value, the formation is wrong, and the team selection is wrong.

It's a cumulative cascade of incompetence and mismanagement, the owners put the money in (at the moment), they must replace PR and RL in order to even begin to stem the bleeding.

The point I'm making is that the club/ business is performing woefully at every level. The ownership/ controlling parties don't understand football as a sport or as a business.

They employ PR, whom despite being on the EFL Board, implements a strategy/ structure which minimises our P&S headroom, resulting in a competitive disadvantage. Stoke City generate circa 150% more revenue than do PNE. Why is he not held accountable for this discrepancy?

PR appointed RL, whom is out of his depth, and thus the playing staff are not improving or appreciating in value, the formation is wrong, and the team selection is wrong.

It's a cumulative cascade of incompetence and mismanagement, the owners put the money in (at the moment), they must replace PR and RL in order to even begin to stem the bleeding.
I can't disagree with any of that.

the fans keep the club afloat to league one level.

The family keep the club afloat to championship level.

They leave tomorrow and let it be run by the fans alone, we wouldn't be in the championship for long that much I can assure you. and we would find finance that much harder to come by.

so many experts on here because they go through the terraces, the people who actually do the work to make sure the terraces are open dont get anywhere near the credit. just moaning and moaning and more boring moaning.
You say it with such certainty.

Brentford were taken over by fans in L2

Not saying you’re wrong, just saying you can’t be certain

Let’s keep this simple show me a championship club making money?

Let’s keep this simple show me a championship club making money?
Championship clubs don't make money. They can only become profitable by gaining promotion to the EPL. That requires a long term strategy, appropriate investment, and competent leadership. We have none of the above.

The fundamental question is why are the ownership subsidising the club. The answer is they don't have an exit route given the circa £85m outstanding loan balance owing to said owners.

Why did Knighthead buy, and invest more than £50m in BCFC since August 2023, and have subsequently committed to (in a legally binding agreement), to a further £54m of funding in the next 12 months? Its because they have a plan, a committed and ambitious ownership, and don't employ PR as their design expert in the industry.

They might fail, they may succeed. PNE are guaranteed to fail under the current regime, if any owner of an EFL Championship club believes it's a good standalone investment they are beyond stupid.