PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

The Plastics Thread.

They're cutting it fine the plastics aren't they. Plymouth and Birmingham both at home to sides with nothing to play for realistically, Wednesday away to Sunderland and only need a point to go above Rovers if Rovers lose at Leicester.

I think they will be ok but only just. Imagine if they didn't have Szmodics!

That’ll be them safe. Brum play Norwich next week and Plymouth play Hull so can’t see them both winning
Unlikely, but stranger results have happened this season!
We can but hope that Foxes, Blues and Pilgrims get three points by whatever means next week 😆🤞⚽️
PS: Foxes will be smarting after a defeat at Deepdale on Monday 😂 🙄

The Coventry lad put both hands on him, but Gallagher made breakfast, lunch, and dinner of it. It hadn't done them enough good by the final whistle.
Still a vital point though. Assuming they lose at Leicester next week, then a home win for Birmingham and a home draw for Plymouth v Hull would have sent Rovers down. In fact even a draw for Rovers at Leicester would leave them behind Brum in that scenario. If they’d lost today, they’d have been in real peril - but now there are many routes to safety and a defeat will probably be enough for them next week.

From what I can gather from the Evening Telegraph report , Rovers fans were quite relieved to beat Leicester who were already champions ; pretty realistic expectations for a team with not exactly the biggest crowds , who are 22nd budget wise out of a division comprising of 24 teams ?? .

For example Rotherham were perfectly happy with Neil Warnock keeping them in the Championship for another season on their budget .

It's not the 90s anymore - football changed , the big London clubs like Chelsea and Arsenal ( followed by the likes of Man Utd ) signed top , top International players .

The standard of football improved too , better managers , better culture etc , etc .

To be fair prior to Euro '96 , ' Uncle Jack ' didn't spend that much compared to the established top 4 / 6 PL teams , * if * money was spent it went on the forwards and the goalkeeper .

From what I can gather from the Evening Telegraph report , Rovers fans were quite relieved to beat Leicester who were already champions ; pretty realistic expectations for a team with not exactly the biggest crowds , who are 22nd budget wise out of a division comprising of 24 teams ?? .

For example Rotherham were perfectly happy with Neil Warnock keeping them in the Championship for another season on their budget .

It's not the 90s anymore - football changed , the big London clubs like Chelsea and Arsenal ( followed by the likes of Man Utd ) signed top , top International players .

The standard of football improved too , better managers , better culture etc , etc .

To be fair prior to Euro '96 , ' Uncle Jack ' didn't spend that much compared to the established top 4 / 6 PL teams , * if * money was spent it went on the forwards and the goalkeeper .

The League Champions spent 50% more than the next Club.
It's amazing ....
But even more amazing is Ipswich Towns wage bill compared to their success. Now that's the Club that deserves the silverware.

The League Champions spent 50% more than the next Club.
It's amazing ....
But even more amazing is Ipswich Towns wage bill compared to their success. Now that's the Club that deserves the silverware.
Agreed, and loving the Alan Partridge undertones too.

Now that's a band I'd like to see.

Marcus, there are only two words that can sum up what happened at Leicester on Saturday. Jose Mourinho coined the term back in 2018 and I'll mention it here.

Football heritage.

It is in the DNA of Blackburn Rovers, no matter how poor a side they have, to beat the big names. This has been happening for years, even under this shit ownership. Think back to Owen Coyle's crap side doing the double over Newcastle in 2016/17. Various wins against Leeds over the years. JDT having that wage budget in the top 6 all season last season right up until the final couple of games.

Football heritage. That's what that and the results at Leeds and Leicester are about. A club only being held back and held down because they have the shittest owners in the whole of Europe. Think about what damage Rovers could do with proper owners and a proper Board. Those two games are yet more flickers for you to ponder on @RibbletonWhite2.0.

The wow factor, again. How many looked at those results and thought 'wow'? There's plenty more where they came from, when Venky's, Waggott and the rest of their yes men piss off.

@IPredictThePlayoffs probably thought I was joking when I told him Rovers were going to turn up at Leicester and win and that Szmodics would wrap up the golden boot. But it happened.

You best hope Venky's stay for as long as possible, Ribbleton, because I suspect you know what's to come after them. Football goes in cycles and Rovers will have had 16+ years of shit under these when they leave. That will be turned around and in some style. Trust.

There was probably some relief, Marcus, yes, as at one stage, all it needed was a Leicester goal to send Rovers down, but the win came as no surprise in the end to those who have been paying attention. It was only a surprise for those who think this is a crap little Club that can't compete. They have short memories.

Has anymore been said about any potential financial woes Rovers are facing?

Seems to be a bit of noise about it a few months back, but all gone quiet since.

Venky's have a Court hearing in India on 20th August which will determine whether they can send any funds over to Rovers or not. They currently can't send any funds across to Rovers until they have been granted Court permission to do so.

In the mean time, Rovers are thought to have enough money coming in to cover the bills for the next few months. Some of the Adam Wharton money will be incoming, along with £5m from Arsenal when they sign David Raya on a permanent, plus the fee that they will get for Szmodics. Could be looking at £25m coming in to the Club all in. They damn well need to be reinvesting a big chunk of that into the playing squad. The worry is they spend a fraction of that, say 10 percent of it, and the rest goes towards running costs.

Something that doesn't make sense is this £20m flat figure that they supposedly put in to cover the bills. £20m has been reported as being the loss figure almost every year for the last 10 years or so. Yet looking at the wage bill table above and the fact that Rovers have been trying to reduce costs for years, it begs the question why does it seem to be fixed at £20m every year, regardless of big cutbacks happening within the Club?

Marcus, there are only two words that can sum up what happened at Leicester on Saturday. Jose Mourinho coined the term back in 2018 and I'll mention it here.

Football heritage.

It is in the DNA of Blackburn Rovers, no matter how poor a side they have, to beat the big names. This has been happening for years, even under this shit ownership. Think back to Owen Coyle's crap side doing the double over Newcastle in 2016/17. Various wins against Leeds over the years. JDT having that wage budget in the top 6 all season last season right up until the final couple of games.

Football heritage. That's what that and the results at Leeds and Leicester are about. A club only being held back and held down because they have the shittest owners in the whole of Europe. Think about what damage Rovers could do with proper owners and a proper Board. Those two games are yet more flickers for you to ponder on @RibbletonWhite2.0.

The wow factor, again. How many looked at those results and thought 'wow'? There's plenty more where they came from, when Venky's, Waggott and the rest of their yes men piss off.

@IPredictThePlayoffs probably thought I was joking when I told him Rovers were going to turn up at Leicester and win and that Szmodics would wrap up the golden boot. But it happened.

You best hope Venky's stay for as long as possible, Ribbleton, because I suspect you know what's to come after them. Football goes in cycles and Rovers will have had 16+ years of shit under these when they leave. That will be turned around and in some style. Trust.

There was probably some relief, Marcus, yes, as at one stage, all it needed was a Leicester goal to send Rovers down, but the win came as no surprise in the end to those who have been paying attention. It was only a surprise for those who think this is a crap little Club that can't compete. They have short memories.
It’s like in the fa cup when you have the likes of Newport county raising their game against man united.

Blackburn (the little club near Burnley) raised their game against the mighty Leeds and Leicester. Clubs that little Blackburn wish they could be near in club size and stature. The crap little club almost got relegated. Good luck next season coley you will need it.

I