PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

The Ryan Lowe Thread!

Not one to defend Ridsdale, but people complain when he speaks to fans, and then complain when he doesn’t say anything. You can’t have it both ways

Risdale speaking to fans as equals not a chance.……… Telling them we are a “well run club” be grateful more like !

Risfail out !

I’m a lot happier with mid table than I would be with relegation, I’ve seen too many of them
I hear what you’re saying and attended 90% of home and away matches during our 3rd and 4th Division days. However, don’t fall in to the ‘be careful what you wish for’ trap because that accepts mediocrity.
The height of our ambition can’t surely be Championship survival? Listening to pundits refer to us as punching above our weight makes my piss burn and accepting such plays right in to the hands of Ridsdale and co.. The Hemmings empire wasn’t built on standing still was it? Growth and ambition is what was in the blood of Trevor the builder and the only way Hemmings jnr is going to get his money back is with securing Premier League football.

I’m a lot happier with mid table than I would be with relegation, I’ve seen too many of them
I get that thinking and cannot argue with it. Like many I have seen us languishing in the bottom 2 divisions for far too many season. So mid table in the 2nd tier should be a blessing. I usually countdown 50 points per season and then see where it takes us. So one the face of it, I should be happy with 10th place and 63 points, but.........

We are dull as fuck to watch.
We have no plan or strategy to grow and lurch from one season to the next, the results of this strategy can only go one way, and it's not up.
Our contract negotiation strategy is bonkers and ends up costing the club millions Davies, Pearson and possibly Browne are perfect examples.
We have a DoF who likes to lecture fans instead of engaging with them, apart from spats on WhatsApp and emails.
We have a manager who must have had the same media training as Liz Truss, and they probably both took their coaching badges at the same place.
We are locked into a playing system that we have not been able to buy the players for in 5 transfer windows.
We have a club shop and merchandise that gets outclassed by teams in lower divisions
I am sure I could come up with other points but that will do for now.

Lowe is a symptom of a regime that is happy with mediocrity and we need a fresh start with forward thinking and planning.
We need a strategy of how we can develop every aspect of the club.
we need to spend the Family's money wiser and look at ways to invest

Sorry for the rant, so I will now get myself a beer to relax with
LOWE OUT!
RIDSDALE OUT!

Ryan really must think the fans are stupid, or does he actually believe his own hype?
in which case he's completely delusional.
The thought of him still being here next season is depressing and leaves me not really caring any more, which has never been the case before, under any previous manager.
I'm sure there are plenty like me who have lost interest, and won't regain it until he's replaced.
You have hit the nail on the head.

And I would be a lot happier to try for promotion than mid table mediocrity, I guess it’s how high or how low you aim for if mid table is the aim mid table is probably the best you will achieve.

And I would be a lot happier to try for promotion that mid table mediocrity, I guess it’s how high or how low you aim for if mid table is the aim mid table is probably the best you will achieve.

This is a fallacy though.

The goal is always just to get as many points as possible from every game. No team is gonna just stop playing half way through the season from top of the league because they've been told beating relegation is the first priority, and now it's achieved.

Nobody would accept this line of logic elsewhere, so why do we continue to listen to this lazy cliche from football fans?

So what we going to change then? Surely you don’t think people are going to buy into absolute nothingness for another 60 odd years do you, something has to give.
Something does need to change but please tell me what that is.
We've changed managers again and again and again yet we're still no closer to getting to the Premier League. Have all the managers been shit? Some yes, some less so and some decent.
We're competing with bigger clubs every season with bigger budgets and more often than not parachute payments.
Yes there's been the odd exception and there will continue to be so but as I've said, for us to 'do it' would take a huge amount of luck, more investment in the squad and the stars to align.
We're an unfashionable club as well. Sorry! but that's fact. We will continue to miss out on transfer targets if they are wanted by many other Championship clubs.
Preston or Sunderland
Preston or West Brom
Preston or Leicester
Preston or Leeds...........
They pay more and probably have a better chance of promotion in the immediate to medium term than we do.
Not great is it?

Something does need to change but please tell me what that is.
We've changed managers again and again and again yet we're still no closer to getting to the Premier League. Have all the managers been shit? Some yes, some less so and some decent.
We're competing with bigger clubs every season with bigger budgets and more often than not parachute payments.
Yes there's been the odd exception and there will continue to be so but as I've said, for us to 'do it' would take a huge amount of luck, more investment in the squad and the stars to align.
We're an unfashionable club as well. Sorry! but that's fact. We will continue to miss out on transfer targets if they are wanted by many other Championship clubs.
Preston or Sunderland
Preston or West Brom
Preston or Leicester
Preston or Leeds...........
They pay more and probably have a better chance of promotion in the immediate to medium term than we do.
Not great is it?
I agree with what you say but............ at the moment we aren't helping ourselves. Take the manager for instance. He's stubbornly wedded to playing wing backs, all well and good, but we haven't got any. It's things like this that piss me, and no doubt others, right off.
I can’t be arsed going into a long winded post, slagging off Lowe and Ridsdale, but I'd like to see the back of them, because there is no way we will progress if they remain.
I reckon this song is very relevant to our current situation.

I agree with what you say but............ at the moment we aren't helping ourselves. Take the manager for instance. He's stubbornly wedded to playing wing backs, all well and good, but we haven't got any. It's things like this that piss me, and no doubt others, right off.
I can’t be arsed going into a long winded post, slagging off Lowe and Ridsdale, but I'd like to see the back of them, because there is no way we will progress if they remain.
I reckon this song is very relevant to our current situation.

Not heard that track for yonks. Will have to add it to my play list for the car. Seen the Stranglers twice back in the day and they were excellent but never really considered them Punk.
It's a pity the youth of today don't have music to follow like we had back in the 70's/early 80's. Most of today's music is just so bland and instantly forgettable.

Oh! and what you said about North End🤣

Ryan really must think the fans are stupid, or does he actually believe his own hype?
in which case he's completely delusional.
The thought of him still being here next season is depressing and leaves me not really caring any more, which has never been the case before, under any previous manager.
I'm sure there are plenty like me who have lost interest, and won't regain it until he's replaced.
Like you I really don't care anymore, I have "missed" ?? a lot of games this season, not going on on Monday and will pick my games next season, maybe..I have not missed it when I haven't gone on at all

This is a fallacy though.

The goal is always just to get as many points as possible from every game. No team is gonna just stop playing half way through the season from top of the league because they've been told beating relegation is the first priority, and now it's achieved.

Nobody would accept this line of logic elsewhere, so why do we continue to listen to this lazy cliche from football fans?
Unfortunately, some on this forum actually believe that we would stop going for promotion....... they really do and they like to tell us t his same deluded drivel at every opportunity.

However,what is unforgivable is keeping this joke of a man ager in situ; I have never decided to miss so many home games, despite having a season ticket, in 40 years ' of supporting PNE - Lowe is anti-football, anti-enterta
inment,anti-fans, anti-flair and pro-Lowe. Ok, we have some bang average players, but we have also invested in some players with a bit of skill, but he will soon knock that out of them. He is testing my willingness to buy a season ticket; only the bargain bucket pricing will.convince me...... cos that is all his brand of football is worth. Craig Hemmings must surely see this,too? Spending and investing in players is pointless with this numpty in charge.

Not heard that track for yonks. Will have to add it to my play list for the car. Seen the Stranglers twice back in the day and they were excellent but never really considered them Punk.
It's a pity the youth of today don't have music to follow like we had back in the 70's/early 80's. Most of today's music is just so bland and instantly forgettable.

Oh! and what you said about North End🤣
Great band the Stranglers in their early days, I've also seen 'em a couple of times. I remember Stuart Pearce claimed to have seen 'em over 20 times. If only PNE could sign someone with Pearce's ability and attitude.

i think Lowe's views on the season must be based on his football manager game save because no one can be that much of a deluded fucknugget to think what we've seen has been acceptable especially the tankings we've had at home not just this year but last year as well.

He's a fucking clown and needs potting. Midtable is nothing, are the happy clappers going to celebrate midtable next year if shitepool came up and finished above us.

i think Lowe's views on the season must be based on his football manager game save because no one can be that much of a deluded fucknugget to think what we've seen has been acceptable especially the tankings we've had at home not just this year but last year as well.

He's a fucking clown and needs potting. Midtable is nothing, are the happy clappers going to celebrate midtable next year if shitepool came up and finished above us.

I genuinely don't know if he believes it or just thinks we are all a bit gullible.

To hazard a rough guess no.