PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

The Ryan Lowe Thread!

If Ridsdale had done his research properly then the Lowe appointment shouldn’t have happened after Schumacher wasn’t coming. They should have been mutually exclusive.

It’s pretty clear to see Lowe doesn’t have a tactically bone in his body and his more of the mouth piece and player side of things. It’s like Wilder with Alan Knill, where Knill hasn’t gone Wilder has done poorly. It’s in hindsight now but even NTT20 raised concerns at the time of the appointment about Schumacher not coming and if they could see it then Ridsdale should have.

Marsh has come in and I think he does a good job of the out of possession stuff as once we are in shape we are generally pretty well organised. The in possession stuff is a disaster though, there’s no attacking patterns of play and it’s as stale and boring as I’ve ever seen us.

I don’t care who Lowe signs that won’t change as I just don’t believe he has the ability.

You listen to his interviews and there’s not one tactical or intelligent idea for how he thinks we need to improve, other than “leadership” (one of the oldest teams in the league), “being more ruthless” (one of the highest conversion rates in the league) and random titles of players he wants like “maverick” (didn’t play Mads for half the season). I’d love him to prove me wrong but I’m 100% convinced now the guy’s a chancer.

If Ridsdale had done his research properly then the Lowe appointment shouldn’t have happened after Schumacher wasn’t coming. They should have been mutually exclusive.

It’s pretty clear to see Lowe doesn’t have a tactically bone in his body and his more of the mouth piece and player side of things. It’s like Wilder with Alan Knill, where Knill hasn’t gone Wilder has done poorly. It’s in hindsight now but even NTT20 raised concerns at the time of the appointment about Schumacher not coming and if they could see it then Ridsdale should have.

Marsh has come in and I think he does a good job of the out of possession stuff as once we are in shape we are generally pretty well organised. The in possession stuff is a disaster though, there’s no attacking patterns of play and it’s as stale and boring as I’ve ever seen us.

I don’t care who Lowe signs that won’t change as I just don’t believe he has the ability.

You listen to his interviews and there’s not one tactical or intelligent idea for how he thinks we need to improve, other than “leadership” (one of the oldest teams in the league), “being more ruthless” (one of the highest conversion rates in the league) and random titles of players he wants like “maverick” (didn’t play Mads for half the season). I’d love him to prove me wrong but I’m 100% convinced now the guy’s a chancer.
Agree with all that apart from the Marsh bit.
He's got to go too for me.
Out of possession, we are an absolute joke.
I don't want to see another season of out midfielders plonked a few yards in front of our defenders, giving the opposition licence to pile forward at will without challenge.
I also don't want to see all this narrow defending, not stopping crosses comin in etc.
He's got to go as well

Reflecting on yesterday. It was an horrific watch. Like so many of the games this season.
Fans have a choice to make in pre season if Lowe is still here. Voice their discontent or shrug your shoulders.
Same old shit as people came out with at the end of last season and then you all went scurrying off to buy your season tickets and keep accepting the mediocrity and BS that comes from PR and Badges. Just like they'll do this summer.

I think Ridsdale, who won't be going anywhere anytime soon whether you like it or not, should be spending the next week or so speaking at length to all the players, particularly the more senior players who generally play every week & are under contract for a while, to ask their honest opinions in confidence of the manager & his coaching staff.

I'm convinced they'd get absolutely slaughtered, Lowe in particular.

Finishing 10th all in all is not terrible for us, but the runs we have had, the 21 game mid season shit show and then in particular this recent end of season collapse where the players have looked like they're not even trying is telling. Tactically its been so boring to watch. Criminally poor use of certain players who can create & score. Nonsense team selections & subs. Insulting the fans. The list goes on.

Reflecting on yesterday. It was an horrific watch. Like so many of the games this season.
Fans have a choice to make in pre season if Lowe is still here. Voice their discontent or shrug your shoulders.
At the moment supporting PNE is a bit like being and alcoholic or drug addict. We know mostly it’s giving us more misery than happiness, but it’s the mentality of just one more and I’ll stop keeping us coming back, hoping this time gives you the high you crave.

Stopping is a difficult choice. I have no doubt despite not enjoying the style of play, the manager, the toxicity that’s growing in the ground, or the mundanity of the constant mediocrity, I will likely put myself though it again next year.

Anyone up for starting a PNE anonymous group🤣

You’ll find my posts from six months in to Lowe’s tenure where I’ve nailed my colours to the mast about him. In short, a self-publicist and one trick pony who would achieve nothing with us. I haven’t seen anything since to change that view, but have said that I’ll scoff the biggest humble pie gladly if he proves me wrong. I remain hungry.
Do you reckon I’m deluded to think that he’d be potted today? Genuinely, I did. No one could change my mind last night. Why would any owner stick with a manager who oversees a catastrophic mid-table collapse and an April like we’ve just endured? What owner would look at his/her customer base after this boredom-fest and conclude that they have been thoroughly entertained?
The Hemmings/Ridsdale mid-season public announcement failed to mention the words Ryan and Lowe (similar to the words Rishi, Sunak and Conservative being missing in Tory literature recently) and asked that we bear with and trust their judgment. We did. What shit show did they miss that the rest of us were enduring?
Genuinely, in coming up to fifty years of unstinting loyal support, I cannot recall ever screaming for the dismissal of a manager - until now. I cannot listen any longer to Lowe’s word soup, his contradictions, his arrogance, his condescension of supporters… my god, the list is bloody endless.
Yours
A thoroughly loyal, deflated and beaten supporter

I think Ridsdale, who won't be going anywhere anytime soon whether you like it or not, should be spending the next week or so speaking at length to all the players, particularly the more senior players who generally play every week & are under contract for a while, to ask their honest opinions in confidence of the manager & his coaching staff.

I'm convinced they'd get absolutely slaughtered, Lowe in particular.

Finishing 10th all in all is not terrible for us, but the runs we have had, the 21 game mid season shit show and then in particular this recent end of season collapse where the players have looked like they're not even trying is telling. Tactically its been so boring to watch. Criminally poor use of certain players who can create & score. Nonsense team selections & subs. Insulting the fans. The list goes on.
As a people manager at work I would get potted if my team went about their jobs half arsed like this team did. It’s my job to motivate and prepare them, so I live or die by their performance, irrespective of the support I get from above. That’s the same in most walks of life.

This his team, and once Ched , Patrick and Brownie leave there are only a couple of players not either signed or re-signed in the squad. I’d agree PR needs to find out direct from them why they have slumped like this, and why the person who they signed for isn’t getting the best out of them.

At the moment supporting PNE is a bit like being and alcoholic or drug addict. We know mostly it’s giving us more misery than happiness, but it’s the mentality of just one more and I’ll stop keeping us coming back, hoping this time gives you the high you crave.

Stopping is a difficult choice. I have no doubt despite not enjoying the style of play, the manager, the toxicity that’s growing in the ground, or the mundanity of the constant mediocrity, I will likely put myself though it again next year.

Anyone up for starting a PNE anonymous group🤣
So is that were we walk in a room an sit down in like a circle, introduce ourselves an say " hello, I'm such an such, an I will be renewing my season ticket" 😂

You’ll find my posts from six months in to Lowe’s tenure where I’ve nailed my colours to the mast about him. In short, a self-publicist and one trick pony who would achieve nothing with us. I haven’t seen anything since to change that view, but have said that I’ll scoff the biggest humble pie gladly if he proves me wrong. I remain hungry.
Do you reckon I’m deluded to think that he’d be potted today? Genuinely, I did. No one could change my mind last night. Why would any owner stick with a manager who oversees a catastrophic mid-table collapse and an April like we’ve just endured? What owner would look at his/her customer base after this boredom-fest and conclude that they have been thoroughly entertained?
The Hemmings/Ridsdale mid-season public announcement failed to mention the words Ryan and Lowe (similar to the words Rishi, Sunak and Conservative being missing in Tory literature recently) and asked that we bear with and trust their judgment. We did. What shit show did they miss that the rest of us were enduring?
Genuinely, in coming up to fifty years of unstinting loyal support, I cannot recall ever screaming for the dismissal of a manager - until now. I cannot listen any longer to Lowe’s word soup, his contradictions, his arrogance, his condescension of supporters… my god, the list is bloody endless.
Yours
A thoroughly loyal, deflated and beaten supporter
I spoke with a couple of the lads at work after that 1st interview he did on his appointment. The statement he made about Plymouth having no identity until they arrived told you there and then ‘it’s all about him’. This has never changed, I doubt it ever will. In my humble opinion his interviews are an embarrassment on our club and for that alone he should be relieved of his duties.

The only way the fans can be heard is by action
I will not be renewing my ST and I also won't be returning to deepdale until there are major turning points at the club
I just don't have the energy anymore to out up with the utter shite we are dealt season after season

5 games and no goals. No statement from the club this week. No speculation regarding the manager. No performance review meeting. Just business as usual. Let Lowe keep on fucking up half decent players and playing an antiquated system.

They fuck off if they want my money. I want us to win. When I see the same from them I'll come back.

He won't because you are sadly correct.

I spoke with a couple of the lads at work after that 1st interview he did on his appointment. The statement he made about Plymouth having no identity until they arrived told you there and then ‘it’s all about him’. This has never changed, I doubt it ever will. In my humble opinion his interviews are an embarrassment on our club and for that alone he should be relieved of his duties.

I've listened to pretty much every @FTF interview Jake ever did. Really enjoyed the product he produced and thought his relaxed interview style was quality and I do loads of walking/hiking so always have something on. When Ryan came in, I managed about three minutes of his interview.

Lowe can't actually deliver an interview. He doesn't have the intelligence. It's tragic but due to his levels of intelligence he can't think before he says anything. It's not his fault of course but I don't need to listen to the ramblings of a fucking idiot thanks.

Change is required at / from the very top, from those that are held accountable for the most serious of decision making.

From there, it WILL filter down.

Until this happens, then it's the same as its always been.

This Takeover, aggressive or otherwise, needs to happen if only to shake this current malaise up.

Change is required at / from the very top, from those that are held accountable for the most serious of decision making.

From there, it WILL filter down.

Until this happens, then it's the same as its always been.

This Takeover, aggressive or otherwise, needs to happen if only to shake this current malaise up.

I by no means think Lowe is perfect and I think getting into the game of dissecting his every word to find fault with it quite pathetic but I just feel the players seem to get off scott free when they need to be taking responsibility.

Woodman has been awful this season, I'd get rid and then there are others that get the flip flops on and probably don't want to play for someone like Lowe who will call out their midtable attitude. Some of these players have served up this mid table shite year on year and seem to get a free ride, they're not going to want to play for Lowe or anyone who threatens their cushty above their level championship wages.

Whether it's him or not, I want someone who is going to break this mediocre culture.