PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Killkenny sending off.

raefil

Dolly Patron
Patron
An interesting one here. If it can be proven, lets say by camera, that Kilkenny was in a different part of the pitch to the incident then theres no doubt the red card will be rescinded. However, if it cannot be proved that Garner was involved, its obvious the officials dont know, then how can the suspension be given to him? None of the officials saw it!

If it was the Premier League, the red would be rescinded if it could be proven that it was undeserved and Garner would likely get away with it. No idea what the protocol is for league one in incidences like this.

We still do not know that there is definitely something to send someone off for. In the commentary Gregan said there was more of a coming together and that Garner was merely trying to get away from the man who had brought him down (PNE got the free kick)

Either way Kilkenny should avoid a suspension.

Vale fans on twitter saying it was never a sending off incident

I hope it's not an incedent like Healy and cresswell a few years ago. when cresswell got sent off for an incedent that cresswell was mistaken for Healy....

Then the red card was then swapped from cresswell to Healy after the game.....

If I remember rightly cresswell hadn't scored for 25+ games and Healy was on fire a la garner!

Kilkenny can't play next game against Bristol City and they have to give us permission to play him in the FA Cup at Wycombe....so he may miss the next 2 games anyway....just leave as is and Garner is free to play ... and score....

Kilkenny can't play next game against Bristol City and they have to give us permission to play him in the FA Cup at Wycombe....so he may miss the next 2 games anyway....just leave as is and Garner is free to play ... and score....

Sound a good idea, but it would be good to know:
  • as Kilkenny is inelligible for the BC game, would it actually count as one of the three games of the ban?
  • Ditto Wycombe.
  • What exactly IS the rule on Garner picking up a ban, based on video evidence?
  • (Sky Sports report clearly says that Garner struck their lad and should have been sent off)

• as Kilkenny is inelligible for the BC game, would it actually count as one of the three games of the ban?
  • Ditto Wycombe.
  • (Sky Sports report clearly says that Garner struck their lad and should have been sent off)

I asked this in the Match Day thread. I don't think anyone has a definitive answer.

• Ditto Wycombe.

I would have thought it would count as one of the games as it is not the FA who state he is inelligable only BC as it was part of the loan agreement.

According to Graeme Le Saux on that link, if we don't register a claim of mistaken identity by 1PM today, the FA can (if they like) carry out their own investigation within 7 days, and charge us with misconduct if they think we sought to gain an advantage by keeping stumm.

So, in the interests of "doing the right thing" (and not getting retrospectively screwed by the FA), I suspect we may register a claim.

I also doubt Kilkenny would be too chuffed if his "attempt to resurrect his career" loan move to PNE was derailed because he was unjustly sent off, causing him to miss 3 games (or possibly 5, if the Bristol City/Cup matches don't count), while the club kept quiet about it.

The referee didn't spot the incident, it was the assistant ref frantically waving his flag, as though he was waving to his sweetheart, about to board a train, never to be seen again!

I think the player involved was Anthony Griffith. There was a coming together of him and Garner, Garner ended up falling over the top of him, with Griffiths on the deck. The ref signalled a free kick and we took it quickly. At that point Garner tried to quickly join the attack and Griffiths held onto his leg, akin to a crocodile holding on to a Wildebeest. Garner tried to free himself by gently pushing down onto the player to lever himself clear and then lightly leant in with his forearm, onto the back of his neck, whilst throwing his arms up in the air, to illustrate that he is being impeded. There was no force or aggression used whatsoever in my opinion and should never have been sent off. Shortly after, he took his frustration out on the net and what a strike it was - for me that was comfortably the best individual performance that I have seen from Garner.

The referees assessor s report will probably make interesting reading!

Graysons post match interview avoids the issue nicely, hopefully the FA will realise that the officials had a night from hell and take that into consideration.

The issue needs to be sorted immed because suspensions kick in straight away but can't see how they are going to do that with the way they normally work.

Should we appeal against the sending off anyway AND mistaken identity to show what a shambles of a decision it was, if you can't identify the right man how can you be believed on the decision in the first place!!

The referees assessor s report will probably make interesting reading!

Graysons post match interview avoids the issue nicely, hopefully the FA will realise that the officials had a night from hell and take that into consideration.

The issue needs to be sorted immed because suspensions kick in straight away but can't see how they are going to do that with the way they normally work.

Should we appeal against the sending off anyway AND mistaken identity to show what a shambles of a decision it was, if you can't identify the right man how can you be believed on the decision in the first place!!
Those, actually, are my thoughts aswell. On something as major as a red card decision how on earth can the integrity of the officials be trusted? For that to happen you have to be a) sure an incident happened and B) know exactly whos done it.

The referee didn't spot the incident, it was the assistant ref frantically waving his flag, as though he was waving to his sweetheart, about to board a train, never to be seen again!

I think the player involved was Anthony Griffith. There was a coming together of him and Garner, Garner ended up falling over the top of him, with Griffiths on the deck. The ref signalled a free kick and we took it quickly. At that point Garner tried to quickly join the attack and Griffiths held onto his leg, akin to a crocodile holding on to a Wildebeest. Garner tried to free himself by gently pushing down onto the player to lever himself clear and then lightly leant in with his forearm, onto the back of his neck, whilst throwing his arms up in the air, to illustrate that he is being impeded. There was no force or aggression used whatsoever in my opinion and should never have been sent off. Shortly after, he took his frustration out on the net and what a strike it was - for me that was comfortably the best individual performance that I have seen from Garner.

I agree it didn't look like a sending off but it seemed to me that Garner was the one holding Griffith down but no more than a yellow card. I thought the reaction of the home fans said it all - I don't think they could believe a red card was brandished and were chanting "Off! Off! Off!" in hope and not expectation. If Garner had really assaulted Griffith, I'd have thought the reaction from that near side (Railway Paddock) would have been a lot more hostile and angry prior to the linesman's involvement, though the BBC and Sky seem to suggest red was merited and it was merely a case of mistaken identity (in many ways, given the goalscorer, to our benefit).

Listening to Grayson's interview, they are more than happy for Kilkenny to take the ban.

Will be interesting what comes from this.

In an ideal world Kilkenny's will be rescinded and not enough evidence to ban Garner or its not deemed as a red card, but I will be gobsmacked if that is the outcome.

Kilkenny can't play on Saturday, then its the cup, better to miss him that Garner who is on fire.