PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

What car do you drive and how do you rate it?

Golf 2.0 TDI cracking return on mpg but think there’s my be electrical gremlins as the radio keeps cutting out, got a basic UP ! Hard working little car, not much soundproofing but no fancy electricals to go wrong. 3 cylinder engine, does what it says on the tin, for a runaround for work.

I had a couple of 207’s and a couple of 308’s. My last one was when they brought the new model out and it was in the garage 14 times in the first year with problems. The only solution offered by Peugeot was to suggest I bought a new one. They were taking the piss basically so I went elsewhere.

Which is a shame as I had my eye on the new 3008 and they lost 3 good customers for not sorting out the problem with my 308.
My local garage mechanic always says avoid anything French, and go with German or Japanese if you want reliability.

My local garage mechanic always says avoid anything French, and go with German or Japanese if you want reliability.

Not strictly true, i'd avoid Renault and Citroen due to dodgy electrics, Peugeot are the better of the 3, they also make an amazing diesel engine often found in numerous other manufacturers vehicles.

German stuff is massively overrated, they look,drive and feel great but they too can be riddled with faults, especially BMW!

The Japanese have an amazing reputation and rightly so, but they too have their flaws. Most of the Asian manufacturers are making great cars at the moment.

Personally i'd avoid a Vauxhall like the plague, Ford have come on leaps and bounds unless its American, but avoid anything American.

Peugeot have the same engines as BMW for a while now. Think they were previously known for dodgy electrics.

Interesting.
Not really checked on various makes and models reliability. Probably worth considering.
Must admit, in the three years I've had it, the Focus hasn't missed a beat. It's the diesel ST so mid range performance is good and decent mpg. Can't make my mind up about the new model Focus.

I've just traded in my Mondeo Titanium X 2l diesel for Focus Active X 1.0 Ecoboost. Quite like it. There are 5 driving modes. It's quite nippy in Sport mode for 125 bhp. Plus has panoramic sun roof.?

My last 3 cars have all been Ford Fiestas.... cost effective to run, but ultimately quite boring..

I dont need a big car , but i am considering a change - does anyone have experience of an Audi A1 ??

I am eyeing one up at FOW - 3 years old but only done 9.800 miles.. It looks quite sporty

Any thoughts ?