PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Stoke

Rudd
Fisher Bauer Davies Rafferty
Pearson Browne
Barkhuizen Johnson Sinclair
Nugent

Don’t think Hughes will be risked with a tight hamstring, Nugent just gets nod up front for me in this game and Fisher v McClean will be....interesting.

Wouldn't be shocked to see Clarke RB & Fisher LB for this one to help deal with their big bastard defenders at set pieces.

Is Gally injured at the moment? Or just not deemed up to it right now?

Rudd
Fisher Bauer Davies Rafferty
Pearson Browne
Barkhuizen Johnson Sinclair
Nugent

Don’t think Hughes will be risked with a tight hamstring, Nugent just gets nod up front for me in this game and Fisher v McClean will be....interesting.
Maguire has to start in my opinion. Thought he played well on Saturday. Honestly think if he gets a goal, he'll go on a goalscoring run.

Maguire has to start in my opinion. Thought he played well on Saturday. Honestly think if he gets a goal, he'll go on a goalscoring run.
Yes I would start with Maguire.
DJ, Barkhausin, Sinclair and an attack minded Pearson and Browne behind Maguire is a formidable forward line, one that can yield first half goals. By all means bring on Stockley if we're struggling to break down their defense which occasionally happens to even the best forward lines.

Had a great game and I think you’re right.

He just needs a huge shot of confidence injected straight into his arm.

Easy to forget the Maguire of a year or so ago. The brace at Bolton and that goal against Bristol City at Deepdale. You just knew as he headed toward goal, he was slotting it.

Had a great game and I think you’re right.

He just needs a huge shot of confidence injected straight into his arm.

Easy to forget the Maguire of a year or so ago. The brace at Bolton and that goal against Bristol City at Deepdale. You just knew as he headed toward goal, he was slotting it.

He deserved a goal on Saturday, and was only denied by a brilliant save, but I do wish he’d stop shooting when there is a defender directly in front of him.

Wouldn't be shocked to see Clarke RB & Fisher LB for this one to help deal with their big bastard defenders at set pieces.
I hope not. Fisher is our best right back and should be played there. Rafferty is just as tall as Clarke and IMO offers more although I agree he is not as good at defending set pieces.

I hope not. Fisher is our best right back and should be played there. Rafferty is just as tall as Clarke and IMO offers more although I agree he is not as good at defending set pieces.

Wouldn't be my choice either but that was AN's reasoning at Blackburn.

What does height have to do with anything when we know one is far better in the air than the other?

Any news on Hughes? as much as think Rafu is doing a great job at left back, his lack of a an overlap and a cross from the byline is lessening our options and effectiveness going forward imo. we could also do his height too.

What does height have to do with anything when we know one is far better in the air than the other?
I agree that Clarke is better in the air that is why I said he defends better at set pieces. Hunts is better in the air than Clarke so why not put him in the side if it is that important? Play the best back 4 against Stoke which would not include Clarke.