PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

EFL Suspended till 4th Apr (confirmed)

I have some good news for LIB though

Been talking to Uncle Trevor’s horse this morning

Apparently IF the games are resumed it will be home supporters only

And the KOP will be used for those supporters who want it; apparently (according to the horse) this will enable fans to spread out the required amounts

There you are LIB one of the advantages of the Corona virus

Sounds like Horse-Shit :p

Decision to be made - behind closed doors is wrong, so postpone, this is a developing virus and they can do unpredictable things.

Warmer weather could stop the virus in its tracks, but we don't know yet. Also we don't know how many are carrying the virus without symptoms.

Not sure how they sort the season out, but I think logically the priority would be to finish it before the next one starts - if that is possible.

Euro 2020 will be cancelled and that gives the season a potential extension to June 30th to finish.

9 games to go, these can be played in May and June quite easily with the right planning. So all is not done yet. But time will tell.

If it's not practical to rearrange fixtures, without massively impacting on next season and player contracts etc, I think it reasonable to declare the current league tables as final... and award championships, promotion and relegation accordingly. As much as I prefer to have play-offs, then if not practical, then promote the team in 6th place. - ok... third place.

Not perfect but better than cancelling the season.... it's not like we're only half way through.

There would be a lot of legal challenges

Could see top three going up automatically same with relegation if games can be completed in time with play offs scrapped