PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

This corona virus thing...

Our household is self isolating as we've all got symptoms. We've all got a cough and fever/sweats. My wife is asthmatic so I'm really worried about her. Hopefully this is as bad as it gets. Trust me you don't want even these symptoms......
We aren't going out at all for another 10 days or so and we're relying on family for food deliveries. Hopefully things don't get any worse and we all pull through. Sad bit is even if we recover, I won't know if I've had it (unless we get tested) or if I can catch it again?!

Hope you're all fighting fit asap

they could have been going to the shops to be fair, the hour for the elderly to shop is first thing in the morning isn’t it? Surely they are simply being good citizens;)

As I was at 6:45am this morning :)!!

Get out my way....

giphy.gif

😂😂

Our household is self isolating as we've all got symptoms. We've all got a cough and fever/sweats. My wife is asthmatic so I'm really worried about her. Hopefully this is as bad as it gets. Trust me you don't want even these symptoms......
We aren't going out at all for another 10 days or so and we're relying on family for food deliveries. Hopefully things don't get any worse and we all pull through. Sad bit is even if we recover, I won't know if I've had it (unless we get tested) or if I can catch it again?!
Stay strong pal ✊

Is the £10k grant just for premises owners or all small businesses that operate out of premises?

anyone who has premises with a rateable value of under 12k and gets 100% business rates relief, Blackburn with Darwen Council have all our details and are writing to us next week, payment details have yet to be confirmed but in April.

If you own premises but let them out it's the renter who gets the grant, anyone with empty premises get nought.

My wife and daughter both work for the NHS whilst my son at a care home. My wife was warned this morning to be careful as a couple of health workers were mugged and their NHS passes stollen. It is believed that these passes were stolen so the individual/s can get priority into supermarkets, etc.
There are some sick/selfish people around

When there are so many people doing so much for so many people, this sort of stuff reminds me that despite everything, there are some utter scumbags out and about. It's like the tyre slashing, food theft etc etc which is being reported. Thankfully, it's a tiny minority who are absolutely feral

anyone who has premises with a rateable value of under 12k and gets 100% business rates relief, Blackburn with Darwen Council have all our details and are writing to us next week, payment details have yet to be confirmed but in April.

If you own premises but let them out it's the renter who gets the grant, anyone with empty premises get nought.
Cheers Billy

chin up, mick, lad...sending your family my best wishes.

My wife and daughter both work for the NHS whilst my son at a care home. My wife was warned this morning to be careful as a couple of health workers were mugged and their NHS passes stollen. It is believed that these passes were stolen so the individual/s can get priority into supermarkets, etc.
There are some sick/selfish people around
totally, and utterly, making my fucking blood boil all this.

stay as safe as you can mick

they could have been going to the shops to be fair, the hour for the elderly to shop is first thing in the morning isn’t it? Surely they are simply being good citizens;)

Mon/Wed/Fri.....lazy buggers were all heading out at 8.45 on a Tuesday..... <insert faux outrage here>

totally, and utterly, making my fucking blood boil all this.

mine too. In some parts of London NHS staff are being abused by being told not to bring their germ carrying bodies into the shops. One midwife my daughter in law knows left the queue and went home heartbroken. just how selfish can people get.

Best wishes for a successful outcome, Mick.

Hitchens challenges the shut down.

I admit to having growing concerns about this course.

During the blitz thousands of people died everyday but nobody suggested the entire economy should be shut down because of it, on the contrary strenuous efforts were made to keep life as normal as possible in dire circumstances.

Are we in danger of making a bad situation worse ? Would previous generations have wanted their children and their children's children's reduced to poverty. Personally I doubt it.

Are TV pundits to be sent home ?

Good read , dammed if you do dammed if you don't , but it's always good to see extreme opionions , never close the debate.

Personally we have to try for the sake of the nhs and vulnerable , but will the legislation be reversed , will it ever be used again. Yet again we are living history and only time will tell.

Stay safe and stay strong Mick. Pleeeease make sure your wife has got sufficient inhalers and medication.

mine too. In some parts of London NHS staff are being abused by being told not to bring their germ carrying bodies into the shops. One midwife my daughter in law knows left the queue and went home heartbroken. just how selfish can people get.

Unfortunately Joan this situation is showing the best and worst aspects of people.

As my mum used to say ‘nowt so queer as folks’ 🤔☹️

Sorry to hear this Mick. It must be a very worrying time for you both. Hope everything works out well for you and you are both fully fit again soon. Take care

I was just thinking that people in every country in the world have the same fears and concerns about the threat of this virus.
And for all the complaining people are doing about how this has been handled, I just feel incredibly fortunate to be here in the UK , can’t be many places better suited for dealing with this, horrendous potential for disaster in Iran, Pakistan and even the “have not” population of the good old US of A.

Obviously there are many people struggling here too in many ways, I have just got some supplies to a single mum who’s Universal Credit payment hasn’t been made and who has been trying since Monday morning to get through with no success . We just need to try and do what we can but it’s not easy when self isolating.

I’m a really positive person but I had a bit of a mental wobble yesterday evening, it’s the unknown I think .