PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

This corona virus thing...

A poster I respect just posted this:

ET4RA4zXkAIlijb
BBC reporting that too

Me too Raef.... I am very scared.

it is very frightening and the people who are not taking it serious, need to wise up .....

it’s not just old and vulnerable people that are dying.

As it happens , I am in the “ at risk “ category, so I need to keep my wits about me....
I had the (not sure what it was) over Christmas I've never been so ill in my life 70 next month, scared the shit out of me, never want anything like that again, maybe it could have been the virus ?.

so, basically, anyone can go to work, any workplace can stay open unless youre a small businessperson who owns a shop who for some unknown reason this govt has decided to shut down.

My circumstance is this at the mo. I'm at work. I'm not sure if i'm an essential worker or not. I am a printer, today i have printed Leaflets for a Butchers who are telling people (especially the elderly) that they will deliver Meat to them. I then did some Building plans for a Construction firm and now i'm actually printing some learning Packs for kids. Am i essential?? I don't know. So we have taken measures where i work. The 2 guys i work with are at home designing and customer service. We have set up Team Viewer and set up the Phones so their Mobiles go off with the work number meaning they take calls. I'm here alone and Printing (i can carry a Press on my back to my house) Customers demands. The front Door is locked and we are doing a click and collect service and collections at the back door so ordinary Public can't just come in. Until my Boss and Boris say otherwise i've little option but to come to work.

I had the (not sure what it was) over Christmas I've never been so ill in my life 70 next month, scared the shit out of me, never want anything like that again, maybe it could have been the virus ?.

The week before Xmas (around 16th), I suffered with...

Headaches
Earaches
Fever (hot/cold flushes)
Shivers
Aching Joints
Cough
Loss of Voice (48 hours)
Bed Ridden (6 days)
Loss of Appetite (6 days)

Like yourself, I had a week off sick and put it down as the Flu, now, I'm not too sure.

About 12 days ago, I had a fever/temp for around 36 hours with headaches whilst the headaches continued on/off whilst over the weekend just gone, for around two 8-10 hour periods, the right side of my chest plate tightened.

Paracetamol seemed to work and I have been fine the past 48 hours or so.

Unfortunately Joan this situation is showing the best and worst aspects of people.

As my mum used to say ‘nowt so queer as folks’ 🤔☹

Seems the worst stories are from London. Such a selfish place at the best of times and it is really proving it right now.

So glad we are all Northerners. I've seen more people looking out for each other than any negative aspects. So far at least.

I'm not trying to make any 'point'. I'm posting information that I read elsewhere, to help provide a wider view of the situation.

Of course I don't want my loved ones to be affected.

I'm sorry that you feel sick of seeing accurate, balanced information, but it's all out there for people to read.
We really shouldn't be trying to play down the effects. If you weren't trying to do that then I apologise. I assure you that some still haven't got the message.

I think it’s a career ending comment and is without doubt written with purely a “everyone looking at me” spirit
Utter prat
In the bin with Sam smith for me. We are going to need a bigger bin !!
I think we should start a thread which acts as a garbage receptacle. I nominate the weatherspoons chap and Mike Ashley.

I'm here, working from home, looking out the window, at the bloke 2 doors down who works in a fairly senior role at County Hall, with about 10 of his family rocking up in cars and hanging around on the front garden.

Cracking.
Not even a tiny bit tempted to report them?

Apparently the best places to get stuff from round here are all the catering suppliers who normally provide the hotels and pubs etc. so heading to industrial estates rather than the shops. The local Sainsburys is packed out of the door everyday with the car park queue back onto the roads. utter chaos. Oddly last night the small M&S food place on the high street was pretty much fully stocked and nice and quiet

I listened to someone the other day who explained that half of all meals eaten in the Uk are not made at home but bought in takeaways, coffee sandwich shops , school meals etc.
Much of that food is now being eaten at home. That is why it is like Christmas again in the supermarkets. So wholesalers etc have got to divert their supply chains back in to the retail market.

The week before Xmas (around 16th), I suffered with...

Headaches
Earaches
Fever (hot/cold flushes)
Shivers
Aching Joints
Cough
Loss of Voice (48 hours)
Bed Ridden (6 days)
Loss of Appetite (6 days)

Like yourself, I had a week off sick and put it down as the Flu, now, I'm not too sure.

About 12 days ago, I had a fever/temp for around 36 hours with headaches whilst the headaches continued on/off whilst over the weekend just gone, for around two 8-10 hour periods, the right side of my chest plate tightened.

Paracetamol seemed to work and I have been fine the past 48 hours or so.
Good to hear it JD I still have a good cough now and again but it's productive, so i'm clearing my airways.

Very tempted, but it's a tricky one, for various reasons (kids, school, etc).

So I made sure he saw my f*cking huge silhouette at the window 💪
Did you do the fandango?

I see a little silhouetto of a man,
Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you do the Fandango?
Thunderbolt and lightning,
Very, very frightening me.
(Galileo) Galileo.
(Galileo) Galileo,
Galileo Figaro
Magnifico-o-o-o-o.

I would think buying food from takeaways is a guaranteed way of getting the bug.

Seems it’s only the smaller independents which are open, god knows who is preparing the stuff and what the hygiene standards are, or aren’t.

I'm here, working from home, looking out the window, at the bloke 2 doors down who works in a fairly senior role at County Hall, with about 10 of his family rocking up in cars and hanging around on the front garden.

Cracking.

Take a photo and rat them out. Publicly if you need to.