PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Freddie Flintoff 4th Child......

I always thought signing Chandrapaul at age 42 was an odd one.... it never quite worked out.

I always thought signing Chandrapaul at age 42 was an odd one.... it never quite worked out.
He was here, then he wasn't, just seemed to disappear mid season never to be seen again. Bit odd

Similar with Joe Burns who went home for personal reasons after one game. He's back playing though so hopefully whatever it was got sorted

I used to think Ratcliffe and Reidy were shit......
My best memory of Ratcliffe was the semi final of the Gillette Cup in 1975 v Gloucester

we needed 17 off 3 overs with Ratcliffe and Simmons at the wicket ( so 7 or 8 down )

this was in the days when nearly 6 an over was a big ask...

I think we won with 2 or 3 balls left - big Jack got us over the line

happy days in the Wilson stand

My best memory of Ratcliffe was the semi final of the Gillette Cup in 1975 v Gloucester

we needed 17 off 3 overs with Ratcliffe and Simmons at the wicket ( so 7 or 8 down )

Was that the match that went on until it was nearly dark, Ando?

I know it's petty, but Ratcliffe's approach to the wicket when bowling used to piss me off, I was about 12 at the time. I don't remember his 'heroics' in the 75 Gillette Cup semi, but remember the final against Middlesex. My one positive memory of Bob, involved a Roses match. Yorkshire had got 7 or 8 cheap wickets and Bob got after Carrick? to score 40 or 50 to give our score some respectability. Then Colin Croft had Yorkshire, about 9 for 4 including Boycott and Athey. One other bizzare memory, it was on Granada and Gerald Sinstadt was on commentary duty, along with expert opinion from Farookh Engineer.

I know it's petty, but Ratcliffe's approach to the wicket when bowling used to piss me off, I was about 12 at the time. I don't remember his 'heroics' in the 75 Gillette Cup semi, but remember the final against Middlesex. My one positive memory of Bob, involved a Roses match. Yorkshire had got 7 or 8 cheap wickets and Bob got after Carrick? to score 40 or 50 to give our score some respectability. Then Colin Croft had Yorkshire, about 9 for 4 including Boycott and Athey. One other bizzare memory, it was on Granada and Gerald Sinstadt was on commentary duty, along with expert opinion from Farookh Engineer.
Fantastic memories Janie.....

I have looked this up and apparently a month before the final Lancs are playing Derbyshire in the County Championship. Wasim starts reversing it at about 90mph and Derby get the hump and Chris Adams is the Captain. The ball actually gets sent to Lord's for forensic examination.

Wasim gives Adams a Beamer in the final and hits him on the shoulder

All kicks off at Lunch

I have only been to Lords once , 1996 ish Lancs v Northants B&H cup...

what a fantastic occasion , what a great ground.....

I am due to go on June 27th for England v Windies test match - sadly that won’t happen now