PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Edgy's Corona virus medal winners.

Can I be a grump bag? Please. First... Snicky. Absolutely fantastic voluntary work you do... and that whole organisation. Every credit.

But BP providing free fuel for the liveried bikes? This actually annoys me when a huge corporation does something like this and garners more publicity than thousands of small businesses and individuals who, in real terms, are giving so much more.

BP undoubtedly had a huge annual PR budget, which will be near impossible for them to use, given that loads of exhibitions, conferences and events will be cancelled. This smacks of BP redirecting a bit of that, looking for cheap virtue points and almost-free publicity.

IMO the small demonstration of attitude shown by Bhagwhan is much more worthy of one of edgy’s medals than BP - who are IMO doing nothing more than cynically purchasing “advertising”.

I have two employees and could potentially furloughed both of them, but I haven't done. Both are working remotely for me, as best possible. I could have probably managed without them at a push as the amount of calls we are receiving has significantly dropped as my customers have more important matters to deal with themselves.

I'm just running things as best I can to minimise disruption/loss of income, with a view not to putting any burden on the state.

A number of my customers have had no choice to furlough, and in some cases will be paying full wages to retain their loyal staff, as it is not allowable for the employees to be at work.

Watched good morning Britain this morning, piece from care home in Preston. Ken & Kia take a bow, not sure how to put it up on here but we’ll worth a watch. Not been able to visit my dad in his care home for over a month but this piece just shows how hard carers are working to protect the vulnerable in homes

Watched good morning Britain this morning, piece from care home in Preston. Ken & Kia take a bow, not sure how to put it up on here but we’ll worth a watch. Not been able to visit my dad in his care home for over a month but this piece just shows how hard carers are working to protect the vulnerable in homes
I work at this care home and it is unbelievable how much coverage Ken has got, he can't believe it. He's such a lovely guy and has time for everyone. Some of his stories are fascinating. Credit to everyone involved.

I saw that IKEA announced that they intend to repay all the state aid they’ve received in all the countries where they’ve taken it.

Big shout for them.

👏👏👏👏

Not had one of these for a while.

EcuCdneWAAE_Ivf

I saw a different headline for the same story earlier and had assumed they had decided not to retain ther staff - so would not be getting the £30m!

Glad you posted. Well done them. Glad I bought some socks there today. .

If there’s any hospitality firm reducing prices by the amount they’ll gain in VAT they won’t have to pay I’ll be happy to give them their custom.