PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Sky Sports sackings

Jobi MacAnuff is a great, articulate BAME pundit. If this is the route they’re going down, he should have got one of those jobs.

It was time to move some of them on and in particular Le Tissier was always going to be fired.

I don't get why Merson hasn't been sacked over Charlie Nicholas but we don't know what's gone on behind the scenes. In any case though, Merse shouldn't be a pundit anymore - useless.

There's nothing fishy about it overall - people being removed for being bad at their jobs and more competent, modern, knowledgeable pundits taking their place.
Spot on. Times change

if only we could do this with the manager merry go round And we know who that lot are

plus

And only one lady . There should be more. It’s been a men’s club long enough. We can’t have it both ways. We want the best options and career paths for our daughters, sisters, mothers, aunties but when it comes to change - well we don’t like that !

Last edited:
Jobi MacAnuff is a great, articulate BAME pundit. If this is the route they’re going down, he should have got one of those jobs.

He is. Calm and speaks clearly and with sense. Whereas Morrison, Merson, Kamara just fumble around and speak far too fast and you have to take in all what they’ve said and then try and work out what they meant.

i thought Charlie Nicholas was decent.

Minto was a decent presenter, I suspect he’ll be replaced by Caroline Barker who used to be on bbc and made a few appearances on Sky at the back end of last season.

Completely agreed. Would argue he's the best pundit in the Championship.

Spot on. Times change

if only we could do this with the manager merry go round And we know who that lot are

plus

And only one lady . There should be more. It’s been a men’s club long enough. We can’t have it both ways. We want the best options and career paths for our daughters, sisters, mothers, aunties but when it comes to change - well we don’t like that !

Times change, agreed. But, I want equal opportunity not equal outcomes. I don't care what sex, religion, colour of person, all I care about is the best quality people.

I don't understand why their should be more. Which female footballer has ever played the game to the standard of Le Tiss, Merson or Nicholas? Who knows more about the life of a professional footballer? Who can offer better insights into the male professional game?

If there are women who can offer this input, I'm all for it. But I don't think its something that should be forced. What if 1 woman applies for the role vs 15 males? Should the woman get the role then?

We're living in a very backward moment where people's identities are more important than their actual offerings.

He is. Calm and speaks clearly and with sense. Whereas Morrison, Merson, Kamara just fumble around and speak far too fast and you have to take in all what they’ve said and then try and work out what they meant.

i thought Charlie Nicholas was decent.

Minto was a decent presenter, I suspect he’ll be replaced by Caroline Barker who used to be on bbc and made a few appearances on Sky at the back end of last season.

I sincerely hope not, she’s absolutely dreadful. Having said that, I often think they appoint ex players to be presenters when they should use proper journalists / presenters who are invariably much better at asking the relevant questions.

Alex Scott is one hell of a beautiful woman.

As sexist as it may sound, I have no interest in hearing the opinions of somebody who has played the equivalent of Sunday League football.
Yup, she is a total babe. Easy on the eye.

Disgraceful sexist comments.

We need more ugly fat women on these programmes to give a true unbalanced view......

And not enough green or blue people either, always black or white, shameful.......!!!

If were looking at this move by Sky as something entirely put together to increase representation of women and members of the BAME community, then I suspect Merson has been kept on board to tick the box of advocating speaking out on mental illness issues.

That being said don't entirely buy into this cynical view and I feel that this is likely an opportunity taken by Sky to freshen up their line up, albeit with one eye on the recent BLM and Me Too movements.

Times change, agreed. But, I want equal opportunity not equal outcomes. I don't care what sex, religion, colour of person, all I care about is the best quality people.

I don't understand why their should be more. Which female footballer has ever played the game to the standard of Le Tiss, Merson or Nicholas? Who knows more about the life of a professional footballer? Who can offer better insights into the male professional game?

If there are women who can offer this input, I'm all for it. But I don't think its something that should be forced. What if 1 woman applies for the role vs 15 males? Should the woman get the role then?

We're living in a very backward moment where people's identities are more important than their actual offerings.
It needs to be forced
Or it will never happen

Alex Scott and Micah Richards know what they're on about. I wonder how they'd feel about being hired based on the colour of their skin, though.

The less said about Clinton Morrison, the better. Bit of a clown.

Look there is a simple answer to all this , just promote Michelle Owen to cover it all what a babe....
Really !
Maybe she could offer the below also as recommended in an edition of the 1950s good housekeeping guide

• Have dinner ready. Plan ahead, even the night before, to have a delicious meal ready on time for his return. This is a way of letting him know that you have been thinking about him and are concerned about his needs. Most men are hungry when they get home and the prospect of a good meal is part of the warm welcome needed.
  • Prepare yourself. Take 15 minutes to rest so you'll be refreshed when he arrives. Touch up your make-up, put a ribbon in your hair and be fresh-looking. He has just been with a lot of work-weary people.
  • Be a little gay and a little more interesting for him. His boring day may need a lift and one of your duties is to provide it.
  • Clear away the clutter. Make one last trip through the main part of the house just before your husband arrives. Run a dustcloth over the tables.
  • During the cooler months of the year you should prepare and light a fire for him to unwind by. Your husband will feel he has reached a haven of rest and order, and it will give you a lift too. After all, catering to his comfort will provide you with immense personal satisfaction.
  • Minimize all noise. At the time of his arrival, eliminate all noise of the washer, dryer or vacuum. Encourage the children to be quiet.
  • Be happy to see him.
  • Greet him with a warm smile and show sincerity in your desire to please him.
  • Listen to him. You may have a dozen important things to tell him, but the moment of his arrival is not the time. Let him talk first – remember his topics of conversation are more important than yours.
  • Don't greet him with complaints and problems.
  • Don't complain if he's late for dinner or even if he stays out all night. Count this as minor compared to what he might have gone through at work.
  • Make him comfortable. Have him lean back in a comfortable chair or lie him down in the bedroom. Have a cool or warm drink ready for him.
  • Arrange his pillow and offer to take off his shoes. Speak in a low, soothing and pleasant voice.
  • Don't ask him questions about his actions or question his judgment or integrity. Remember, he is the master of the house and as such will always exercise his will with fairness and truthfulness. You have no right to question him.
  • A good wife always knows her place.

Last edited:

Albeit reluctantly I have to agree. It should be best person for any given job regardless of colour, creed or gender.