PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Training Ground Bought (Confirmed)

I have a different point of view and you respond with personal insults at a teenage level, ridiculous.

It’s the way you express that point of view that grates. You come across as so supercilious. Why can’t you state your opinion without belittling others? Is it just cos you’re a nasty piece of work?

It’s a massive improvement on what we have and it’s available almost immediately, is that not enough?

At face value it should be but there will always be that nagging doubt with what we could've / should've had.

To not even mention Ingol to my mind is a slap in the face for those that worked so hard to get it off the ground.

You can't blame folk for being negative & seeing it as a broken promise.

Diddums, has someone hurt your feelings?

Is this all you have to complain about?

How about a bit of praise for moving swiftly and securing this deal for the immediate benefit of our football club?...

read my post above. Ive Said no one can argue with this as a piece of business.

it’s just simple communication and making your customers feel like they are valuable to you where it is going wrong.

Be interesting to find out if the club actually own the Euxton training ground or one of Trevs other Ltd companies........

Yes it’s an improvement on Springfields, yes it’s a lot cheaper than the training ground we should have been using at Ingol for the past 2 years? Yes I am pleased Trev has bought Euxton.

But it doesn’t detract from the utter shit show that Ingolgate descended into.

I was just about to pen something similar myself.

There is only a fraction of difference in what the club are actually doing in so many things and what would keep supporters happy.

Shocking communication is to blame for a lot of it.
And this is the point.

I think I stated in an earlier thread that the purchase of this makes total sense and is a very good deal but that statement is an absolute shocker.

I have a different point of view and you respond with personal insults at a teenage level, ridiculous.

More than welcome to an opposing view. In fact, I prefer differences of opinion.

If you just gave your view without abusing everyone who opposes your view, I'd leave off the insults.

However, you don't, and I don't tolerate dickhead behaviour.

So we are where we are.

Going to go against the grain and say I dont mind this at all. I havent ever seen Wigan's facility, but it seems as though it is a significant step up from our current premises.

Ingol is finished and I dont really care, didnt trust Hemmings at the time to invest any emotional capital into the development and I definitely understand why those who did are pissed off. However we've gone from a pipe dream of a Prem Facility to a ready made complex that we can move into very soon. Somewhere that we can be proud to show to prospective players, not embarrassed.

From a football and financial point of view, this makes complete sense. Euxton is a massive upgrade on Springfields, and it comes at a much less cost. Logistically it's also a lot easier for players to get to. We should have bought this off Bolton when we had the chance.

However, the club are completely wrong (once again) to not even make any acknowledgement about the Ingol land that JK and other fans threw their support behind at the planning process.

Next move will be for PNE to sell the land at Ingol which the club bought for 1.5 m ( to build a training ground on) back to Hemmings so he can build houses on it.
Probably for a quid.........

Next move will be for PNE to sell the land at Ingol which the club bought for 1.5 m ( to build a training ground on) back to Hemmings so he can build houses on it.
I suspect the pissed off Ingol locals and a number of PNE fans would do their best to get any change of use vetoed....

Trev has used up all his nine lives imho, unless the crafty old bugger has summat else up his sleeve....

Can’t argue?
“Over the last couple of weeks an opportunity presented itself where we could buy a ‘Premier League ready’ training ground at Euxton which had previously been developed at substantial cost by Bolton Wanderers Football Club and then subsequently purchased by Wigan Athletic.

We can now confirm that we have purchased the Euxton training ground from the Administrator at Wigan Athletic. Completion took place this morning, 1st September 2020.

This purchase delivers on our promise to bring Premier League training facilities to the football club and allows the Academy under 18 team the opportunity to move from their temporary home at UCLAN to Springfields.“

Another enlightening statement from PR.
premier league ready” - debateable, was then, now?
developed at substantial cost” - we’ve spent money this window (but somebody else spent more); don’t ask for a striker, you can’t have both!
This purchase delivers on our promise to bring Premier League training facilities to the football club..” - so Ingol is a dead duck. Thanks for all you did, but screw you I’ve got houses to build. In fact, forget the thanks.

I utterly despair at how this club is being run.

You say I can’t argue; I beg to differ.
You applaud TH’s “Midas touch” with regard land deals. With respect, that is self evident with regard his achievements and personal wealth accrued from those dealings.
Also with respect, this is a forum to discuss PNE matters. My comments relate to his dealings as steward of this great club, with regard the business and fan base . In respect of which I find him sadly lacking and duplicitous.

I’m not sure it will be the end of Ingol. There’s probably zero chance Preston council will pass the land currently designated for the training ground for housing, whereas the land at Euxton is next to Buckshaw Village with a lot of the other land locally being passed for redevelopment. Therefore, I can see the club using Euxton for a number of years until Ingol Is ready then seeking to cash in and redevelop it.

There’s no permission to build houses on it. It doesnt really matter how much he buys it back for As he won’t have been paid for it by the club anyway, if the club makes a loss TH has to fund it anyway.

More likely a land swap. He swapped some land with Chorley Council that included the football ground I seem to recall.