PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Lord Byrons

Definitely remember you. I was a Fighting Cock regular around then. I distinctly remember being in there being told by another north ender we'd sold Tony Ellis to the filth and I couldn't believe it (the lad with the long ginger hair in the vid by the market - name escapes me).

I used to feel I was running the gauntlet with the bouncers because I was under 18 when I first started going in and I looked far younger anyway.

@Muzza noticed how young and fresh faced you looked on the videos. Felt dead nostalgic looking back.
spoke to Tony Ellis around this time in what was then, I think, The Grey Horse. Bit hazy but seem to remember him saying Blackpool had offered him a longer deal on 40 grand a year and he had his first child on the way.

Highest paid player in last season's Championship was on 67k a week. Mind boggles

That one hurt because I was still celebrating the Ellis hat trick at Blackpool which must have been the season before (to be fair I think I was still celebrating that hat trick last week).

Some things don't change though with North End....

There are people in these videos that I'm not sure if I recognise or if they are likely the siblings of people I remember from the zoo/warehouse etc when I first started going out 97/98ish

Hah, it's scary, I was probably 93/94-98 at Byrons and the Warehouse and yeah some of the faces you start recognising

I was in clouds nightclub once, Sid, and had just bought chicken in a basket. One of those photographers was in with a monkey on his shoulder. Me and my mates had our photo taken with the monkey, and it swooped down and scoffed all my chicken!
Two seconds flat, nowt left!
Hope you got a refund.

Some major forum members on here around 1992 maybe?... Such fresh faced innocent youth. JD appears a few times as does @Muzza 😂 💪

Tune btw.

Pearl Jam - Black.

At 4m 04s, I fancied this girl madly for years and I never ever told her. What was her name @Muzza?

Ha ha, I'm right on at the start. Yeah 92, will have been 17 there. JD with the double denim! 😂

Ah man, I recognise her but not sure of her name, soz cha.

Hah, it's scary, I was probably 93/94-98 at Byrons and the Warehouse and yeah some of the faces you start recognising

When I fist started going it for gigs I went Fighting Cock and New Ship Inn, Thursday nights at Green with John from Roosters DJing, Warehouse on Friday's and Aquallenium on a Tuesday night. Saturdays were spent in the Zoo.

@Muzza, in the video where you flick the Vs in post #1, is that Brianna at 3m 03s in the white with long black hair? Jeez, think we might have locked lips at some stage. Think she used to work at Harrys Bar in town. I remember we spent the day in London together before Dreamland played at The Amersham Arms in New Cross. Another chick I fancied but I think I actually snogged this time. 💪
Yeah that's Brianna, top lass. Not seen or heard from her in years!

Definitely remember you. I was a Fighting Cock regular around then. I distinctly remember being in there being told by another north ender we'd sold Tony Ellis to the filth and I couldn't believe it (the lad with the long ginger hair in the vid by the market - name escapes me).

I used to feel I was running the gauntlet with the bouncers because I was under 18 when I first started going in and I looked far younger anyway.

@Muzza noticed how young and fresh faced you looked on the videos. Felt dead nostalgic looking back.
Ha, you'll have to let me know who you are then.

Yeah, same here, was 16 when I started going in the FC and Byrons.

Yeah that's Brianna, top lass. Not seen or heard from her in years!
She lived on Howarth Road, just off Inkerman Street. Thinking back, we 100% locked lips but nothing more, a shame you don't know the name of the lass I secretly fancied. One of lifes majors regrets never asking her out. Both of them to be fair. Add "Spanish Joanne" to that list!!!! Doh!

My hair - and yours - looked bloody good cha!

When I fist started going it for gigs I went Fighting Cock and New Ship Inn, Thursday nights at Green with John from Roosters DJing, Warehouse on Friday's and Aquallenium on a Tuesday night. Saturdays were spent in the Zoo.

There was of course the spiritual successor to the glory days of Byron's that was Arabella's on a Monday....pound a pint and pound entry

I had a 9am lecture in Lancaster every Tuesday but had a girlfriend who liked Arabella's so there was only one winner...

There was of course the spiritual successor to the glory days of Byron's that was Arabella's on a Monday....pound a pint and pound entry

I had a 9am lecture in Lancaster every Tuesday but had a girlfriend who liked Arabella's so there was only one winner...
The DJ at Arrabellas (Glenn) was the original Deepdale Duck. Neil (dreads) later accompanied him.

Met the girl whom I bought my 1st - and still 1st - property to co-habit there. She is long gone btw! 😂 💪 Property still mine and paid off. 💪 :ROFLMAO:

Arabella's was a bit of a lifesaver when I was really skint around then! I once closed a post office account that had about £1.50 in and the money got me into Arabella's that night....no idea why I was that desperate to go there that night :)

She lived on Howarth Road, just off Inkerman Street. Thinking back, we 100% locked lips but nothing more, a shame you don't know the name of the lass I secretly fancied. One of lifes majors regrets never asking her out. Both of them to be fair. Add "Spanish Joanne" to that list!!!! Doh!

My hair - and yours - looked bloody good cha!
I can't remember if I ever did or not, lol.
Ha, yeah soz mate. Which one was Spanish Joanne (and don't say the obvious, lol).

Yeah, wish I still had it!

I can't remember if I ever did or not, lol.
Ha, yeah soz mate. Which one was Spanish Joanne (and don't say the obvious, lol).

Yeah, wish I still had it!
I didn't lock lips with you, you bozo. Brianna cha.

Spanish Joanne was Joanne Garcia, a Gastons chick whom I was besties with, hand in hand together, little kisses, everything looked like we were dating but we weren't. Sigh!