PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Which keeper starts v Swansea?

Which keeper next week?

• Total voters
Highly rated at Boro?

He was 4th or 5th choice keeper there and the fee of £300k reflects how highly they rated him!
Everyone knows you show how highly you rate your keeper by loaning him out to 7 lower league clubs in a row, while playing someone else in your own nets.
Like we did with Ben Davies? He was seen as an up and coming prospect, but not ready at this level then, hence the transfer deal having a right to buy back etc built in.

I’m not denying he’s played terribly and probably isn’t good enough to be our backup option, but I don’t think he’s as bad as everyone suggests, and people saying he’s fat and doesn’t care is probably wide of the mark... I’m sure he doesn’t want to be shit at his job

Like we did with Ben Davies? He was seen as an up and coming prospect, but not ready at this level then, hence the transfer deal having a right to buy back etc built in.

I’m not denying he’s played terribly and probably isn’t good enough to be our backup option, but I don’t think he’s as bad as everyone suggests, and people saying he’s fat and doesn’t care is probably wide of the mark... I’m sure he doesn’t want to be shit at his job
Ripley is 27 and was loaned out 8 times by the time we signed him in 2019. Only 4 appearances for a club he’s been at permanently

Ben is 25 and was loaned out 5 times before he became a regular in the team in 2017. 117 appearances for a permanent team.
I think it shows how a club works with a player they deem highly rated

Ripley is overweight and this hasn't changed from the day we first saw him. In just over 3 months time he'll have been here 2 years.

We were told that his distribution was excellent and that he could throw it well over the half way line, we've seen no evidence of this, he has barely made a save with most shots going past him, 9 goals conceded in 4 games last season, and 6 in the 2 games he played for us the season before. His 2 clean sheets were both against league 2 opposition in the cups.

He'll start tomorrow but as soon as Rudd is close to being fully fit he will be back in. I'd actually start Hudson vs Derby to make sure he's staying ready and getting match practise in case Ripley continues to concede 2/3 per game.

The anomaly to this was Jordan Pickford who had various lower loans before BFS played him for Sunderland.

Pickford was younger than Ripley when he was playing in the lower leagues. Pickford joined us to play in the Championship when he was 21.

Ripley was going out on loan to Accrington aged 25 and has never had one good game at Championship level.

Pickford was younger than Ripley when he was playing in the lower leagues. Pickford joined us to play in the Championship when he was 21.

Ripley was going out on loan to Accrington aged 25 and has never had one good game at Championship level.
I'm agreeing with you.

Pickford was that rare beast who progresses beyond multi loans rapidly.

Ripley just doesn't look like a footballer to me. Overweight, disinterested, terrible with his feet, error prone, and injured regularly.
He needs to really make a huge effort to turn this around.
Why are so many people obsessed with calling Ripley overweight and unfit? How the heck do you know? At the end of the day he can be 400lbs, and if he's getting clean sheets that's all that matters.

It wasn't long ago we had parkin. He was a larger player, bigger than Ripley i might add. And his slogan was feed the beast and he will score. No one gave a toss when he was banging them in and rightly so.

Some people are way OTT on here, it's ridiculous.

Why are so many people obsessed with calling Ripley overweight and unfit? How the heck do you know? At the end of the day he can be 400lbs, and if he's getting clean sheets that's all that matters.

It wasn't long ago we had parkin. He was a larger player, bigger than Ripley i might add. And his slogan was feed the beast and he will score. No one gave a toss when he was banging them in and rightly so.

Goalkeepers have moved on from the era of Fatty Foulke.

His lack of athleticism has cost us goals. If he wasn't carrying the extra weight he makes the tackle against Tranmere and we win 1-0. Plenty going under him too where if he had that split second of movement like Rudd does, he saves it.

So no, it's not OTT, we just want to win games.

But parkin scored goals and could actually play .

His lack of athleticism has cost us goals. If he wasn't carrying the extra weight he makes the tackle against Tranmere

Feel sympathy with Ripley in this instance, he has been vilified for that goal, which was as a result of a ridiculous back pass from Bodin.

Feel sympathy with Ripley in this instance, he has been vilified for that goal, which was as a result of a ridiculous back pass from Bodin.

Definitely Bodin was the main culprit but Rudd or Hudson make it which stings.

Ripley's done worse things.

If Rudd isn't fit enough in time then I'd prefer Hudson. Gives him a game, or possibly two, to build his experience. Plus I'd just rather him than Ripley.

If Rudd isn't fit enough in time then I'd prefer Hudson. Gives him a game, or possibly two, to build his experience. Plus I'd just rather him than Ripley.

Same here though allowing for some indifferent punching Ripley hasn't actually looked like a walking disaster area in pre-season and has even made one or two decent reflex saves.