PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Appeal for Barkys Red Card - Dismissed/Ban reduced. (Confirmed)

We will just have to play this game this Sunday without Barkhuizen. Will Johnson be back? If so:

Rudd,
Rafferty, Bauer, Davies, Hughes
Pearson, Ledson
Browne, Johnson, Sinclair
Stockley

If no Johnson then Harrop.

Browne on the right? Square pegs in square holes would be better.

We will just have to play this game this Sunday without Barkhuizen. Will Johnson be back? If so:

Rudd,
Rafferty, Bauer, Davies, Hughes
Pearson, Ledson
Browne, Johnson, Sinclair
Stockley

If no Johnson then Harrop.
Why would you push Browne out right when you have Maguire Harrop and Potts who can fill it comfortably

Never mind the fact you’ve suggested stockley after the mess of a performance against Saturday

So they've basically created an orange card and deemed a 1 game ban as the punishment for such an 'offence.' Pathetic decision.
Nope still a red but the equivalent of 2 yellows for the ban....which makes me think it should have been a yellow but what do I know

Nope still a red but the equivalent of 2 yellows for the ban....which makes me think it should have been a yellow but what do I know
Well 2 yellow card offences is a 1 game ban. But this was 1 offence, and a 1 game ban. Whereas a red card for violent conduct is a 3 game ban. So they've effectively said it's in between a yellow and red card i.e. effectively orange.

Well 2 yellow card offences is a 1 game ban. But this was 1 offence, and a 1 game ban. Whereas a red card for violent conduct is a 3 game ban. So they've effectively said it's in between a yellow and red card i.e. effectively orange.

Funny I've never seen an orange card come out of refs pocket yet. Perhaps it's something they can trial at the next world cup!!!!

It's pretty standard to appeal for "wrongful dismissal" (shouldn't have been a red in the first place) and also "excessive punishment" (the length of the suspension is too long).

If you fail the "wrongful dismissal" part (as we did), you can still win the second part of the appeal, but the minimum ban is 1 game, as it's still a red card.

You can't have the red card upheld but a zero match ban.

Which part of this was a red card?

(Edit - more specific question - both players sliding forwards, not under control, with their legs out in front, how is Barky a red card and Fox nothing?)

0_GettyImages-1228721753.jpg

Last edited: