PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

This corona virus thing...

are you supposed to isolate also being a second contact? seems draconian! but it is 2020 after all :)
No idea to be honest the rules are so wooly. His sister carries on going to school and they both still move between mine and their mums house as normal. What a palaver

EnMm5CWXIAMPy89

It's a near certainty that's what's been happening all the way through. Hospital acquired infections are significant, they can only come from either the staff or the patients.
They did an (albeit limited) study on it early in the year and found the most common path of infection was staff-staff and patient-patient. Staff-patient and patient-staff was very limited, likely due to ppe and infection control

They did an (albeit limited) study on it early in the year and found the most common path of infection was staff-staff and patient-patient. Staff-patient and patient-staff was very limited, likely due to ppe and infection control
Hospitals are, unfortunately, just a vector for disease transmission.

The last NICE report I read on HAIs found that something like 6% of all hospital inpatients in acute care wards pick up an infection during their stay, with respiratory diseases causing >80% of them. No great surprise that covid is getting transmitted too.

Hospitals are, unfortunately, just a vector for disease transmission.

The last NICE report I read on HAIs found that something like 6% of all hospital inpatients in acute care wards pick up an infection during their stay, with respiratory diseases causing >80% of them. No great surprise that covid is getting transmitted too.
Patients don’t wear masks on the wards and the wards don’t have air con or windows open particularly wide

Patients don’t wear masks on the wards and the wards don’t have air con or windows open particularly wide
Bloody horrible places, even at the best of times. Spent a lot of time in hospitals across Europe, incl Germany, and the difference in the quality of the building stock is frightening. I swear to god just being in a typical British hospital ward makes you sicker.