PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

UK Politics

I don’t think anything can necessarily be read into someone liking a tweet, it could be you’re bookmarking it to read later, it can be done inadvertently etc. However, if Mr Corbyn had liked this tweet I suspect the usual suspects would have had him over the coals.

I don’t think anything can necessarily be read into someone liking a tweet, it could be you’re bookmarking it to read later, it can be done inadvertently etc. However, if Mr Corbyn had liked this tweet I suspect the usual suspects would have had him over the coals.

He's not having the best night tonight

Add to that HQ have now been trying to silence young Labour just like they have clps and in doing so inadvertently admited suspending the whip from Jeremy Corbyn is a "factional dispute"

You've also had Horror show Hodge going on a podcast claiming if you're anti capitalist you are by default anti semetic.

Absolute s*** show and all of their own making.

I'll keep saying it. They all signed the 10 pledges dictated by the Board of Deputies. Labour is in a corner that it now cannot get out of.

No religious organisation should be dictating to a political party, ever.

AND..... half a dozen of them improperly trying to influence a judge - using letters they should not be writing- of course adding the gravitas of House of Commons headed paper.

It makes me feel sick what they are trying to hide because whatever it is, rest assured it will be pure evil on their part.

(I’m beginning to sound like raefil but I despise this lot so much).

I cant summon up one shred of respect for any of the idiots that have tricked and paid their way into Cabinet. I do think their day of reckoning might still come much like Trump, but unfortunately we dont have a Constitution to hold them to account. And we have armies of old blokes in public school ties ready to excuse them in return for a suitable honour or wad. Until the public school and City swamp is drained, absolutely nothing will change.

What's your opinion about this?

I've no particular beef with Beckett but I do have a massive issue that democracy clearly doesn't exist within the LP anymore.
I don’t know a great deal about Beckett and I’m not expert on the different factions of the left but I think these types of frictions were inevitable once Starmer became leader as he was always going to try to flood the party structure full of his allies, a bit like Corbyn tried to.

But I think it always seems to be the case that when the government is on the rocks or in crisis the Labour Party is too focussed on fighting amongst themselves.

I don’t know a great deal about Beckett and I’m not expert on the different factions of the left but I think these types of frictions were inevitable once Starmer became leader as he was always going to try to flood the party structure full of his allies, a bit like Corbyn tried to.

But I think it always seems to be the case that when the government is on the rocks or in crisis the Labour Party is too focussed on fighting amongst themselves.
I disagree, I don't think the devides where inevitable had he stuck to his word about being a unity candidate, he got a good proportion of the soft left membership vote in the hope someone with a good suit would put an acceptable face on policy issues.

He's literally taken a big fat dump on everything he said, he's made Corbyn the issue, he's literally pissed off everyone including the right wing vultures in the plp and the BOD. I can't even get into the fury I feel about what he's whipped his MPs into abstaining on. He literally couldn't have been any worse since he took over.

There’s a heartbreaking special report in the Daily Mirror today about child poverty in Britain. There’s too much to link to here but it’s what the paper used to do so well, runs to around 10 pages and is simply heartbreaking. It’s a National scandal that footballers like Rashford and Reece James are doing more than the government.

A taster here from John Pilger, someone who simply has to be listened to - if the government cared.

And the wind direction changed.

Everything that is wrong about British Politics. All about the career.

Conviction politicians, across the spectrum, are a dying breed.