PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

UK Politics

There's another one , very ' Tomorrow belongs to me ' - either the Spitting Image satire or Caberet version .

Or That Peter Kay Thing - Marc Park ' African Tears ' , but that's deliberately awful with off key singing .
One of the backing singers has to be restrained from thumping him - ' Somewhere in Soweto there's a child that thinks a landmine is a ball '

Good advert for the plebs................. Just a shame about the ball bags that lead us. :sick:

Yet sung in an American accent?
Makes sense - that's where the financial support network can ! originate from for ' those sort of people ' , Ten Names Tommy , Laurence Fox , ' Nige ' , Disinfectant Donald and the MAGA cult over there ! - foot soldiers for the Mercer family , Koch's etc

GB News loses money handover fist , Talk TV is to go online only ; the print edition of The Sun is a loss maker .

I find this channel tale sad, for the little girl, his daughter. Ahmed Alhashimi had been in Europe 12 years, arrived from Iraq, I believe he was registered in Belgium and his daughter was born there, I know he and his family had lived In Sweden for a number of years. The rest of his history is jumbled, he says his asylum claims had been denied, and they wanted to deport him back to Iraq, he says his last option was the UK, where his 2 daughters could get a decent education.

So if the rest of Europe wouldn't grant him asylum, his last chance was the UK, unfortunately he didn't make it. One point I would like to make, those living in absolute poverty in the UK, or part of a family living in one roomed B&B accommodation somewhere far from a school. Would you pack your bags and move to the EU, somewhere with decent weather, warm much better prospects, for health, housing, education and chances of accommodation. Unfortunately the women (If single) and her kids wouldn't be allowed to stay in the EU because the UK isn't a war zone, yet those arriving in Dover without documentation can claim what they wish, yet everyday we see more and more evidence that the migrants are economic and that is all.

France and the rest of Europe doesn't want them, sleeping rough without help is the most on offer, now they are bypassing the UK and turning up in Eire, but they aren't welcome there, so they are fucked. If the father is still alive, he should serve some prison time, brutal it might be, but he caused the death of his daughter, the little girl had spent 12 years in Europe, born there, it was her home and I am sure she could have stayed there, along with his other daughter.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...girl-died-channel-family-feared-deported-iraq

I find this channel tale sad, for the little girl, his daughter. Ahmed Alhashimi had been in Europe 12 years, arrived from Iraq, I believe he was registered in Belgium and his daughter was born there, I know he and his family had lived In Sweden for a number of years. The rest of his history is jumbled, he says his asylum claims had been denied, and they wanted to deport him back to Iraq, he says his last option was the UK, where his 2 daughters could get a decent education.

So if the rest of Europe wouldn't grant him asylum, his last chance was the UK, unfortunately he didn't make it. One point I would like to make, those living in absolute poverty in the UK, or part of a family living in one roomed B&B accommodation somewhere far from a school. Would you pack your bags and move to the EU, somewhere with decent weather, warm much better prospects, for health, housing, education and chances of accommodation. Unfortunately the women (If single) and her kids wouldn't be allowed to stay in the EU because the UK isn't a war zone, yet those arriving in Dover without documentation can claim what they wish, yet everyday we see more and more evidence that the migrants are economic and that is all.

France and the rest of Europe doesn't want them, sleeping rough without help is the most on offer, now they are bypassing the UK and turning up in Eire, but they aren't welcome there, so they are fucked. If the father is still alive, he should serve some prison time, brutal it might be, but he caused the death of his daughter, the little girl had spent 12 years in Europe, born there, it was her home and I am sure she could have stayed there, along with his other daughter.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...girl-died-channel-family-feared-deported-iraq

Blame is only apportioned to faceless organisations and/or those with plenty of cash.

Personal responsibility is a thing of the past don't you know? As long as you have a sob story.

Reading this and I'll say again. Some of these people on their way here sound absolutely lovely.

A tragic tale, the French could have this mess under control, but they don't want to, as far as they are concerned the migrants are free to cross the channel by inflatable boats, purchased in France, then the smuggling process goes ahead unchallenged.

Migrants are seen as sub human by some, sadly.
The child wasn't sub-human.
The father putting her at risk wasn't sub-human, just a man who made a mistake and it cost his daughter her life.

Reading the article, the behaviour of some who forced their way onto an already full raft and refused to move off a 7 year old until she suffocated, could be described as below the standards we should expect of humans.

I described them as 'people' so I'm wondering who you are referencing. One of the criteria of being described as people would be being part of human-kind.

The child wasn't sub-human.
The father putting her at risk wasn't sub-human, just a man who made a mistake and it cost his daughter her life.

Reading the article, the behaviour of some who forced their way onto an already full raft and refused to move off a 7 year old until she suffocated, could be described as below the standards we should expect of humans.

I described them as 'people' so I'm wondering who you are referencing. One of the criteria of being described as people would be being part of human-kind.
Why would you think i was referring to you?

A tragic tale, the French could have this mess under control, but they don't want to, as far as they are concerned the migrants are free to cross the channel by inflatable boats, purchased in France, then the smuggling process goes ahead unchallenged.
France has a large coastline, May be the migrants choose a less popular place to board a craft.