PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Transfer Window Overview - January 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the Championship today...
Brentford have signed permanently a player they already have on loan.
Sheffield Wednesday have scooped a major signing picking up the skilful Andre Green.
QPR have loaned a defender from Hull.

According to the BBC transfer website 5 minutes ago.

Seems no one has any cash, most of the Championship and including a lot of Prem teams, particularly the ones in the bottom half.
Even Arsenal have had to borrow £120 million from the Bank of England.........

Rangers have won the Championship in Scotland already, Celtic are likely to sack their manager, can’t see those 2 rushing into any signings.

So where are our 3 out of contract players going to go?

Fantastic signing for Sunderland if it happens couldn’t think of a more appropriate club for him , will definitely help them get out of that league. 👍 so sad to lose mr mobile .

If he goes, surely we will sign another striker
We would still have 3 strikers and we play 1 up front. If we play a 2, Barky and Sinclair become options up there.

Stockley will be allowed to go this month if an appropriate loan or permanent offer comes in.

I would view a wide player as a more likely attacking signing than another ST but I would imagine it depends on offloading people.

Any Sunderland fans reading this thread, ignore this lot. Stockley is mobile with a good burst of pace. He wins 95% of headers and he’s a unit, most defenders bounce off him.
Bloody hell you’ve let the cat out of the bag, can see a bidding war for him now .

I think Stockley would do ok in the division below.
He does win most headers, and has pretty good control off his body. What he has failed to do is convert chances, mainly due to either snatching at them or not being quite there to put them away.

That be only 3 strikers,if you don’t count Moult unless he is nearly fit & then we count him in the 25man squad
Yeah - but I think we'll have to sacrifice an (injured, never used) striker in the 25-man squad for the rest of the season, in order to fit in Molumby, Whiteman plus the Big 3, assuming they all hang around.

It's no great loss - we've not played Moult all season, and we only ever play one striker anyway, unless its desperation time.

I think Stockley would do ok in the division below.
He does win most headers, and has pretty good control off his body. What he has failed to do is convert chances, mainly due to either snatching at them or not being quite there to put them away.
Let's be honest, who do we actually have that converts chances?

Status
Not open for further replies.