PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Can we seriously challenge for top 6?

We’ve also won 10 games. Only four teams have won more, three of them only one more.
Only Norwich are showing any real consistency, under Davis if we were anything it was consistent. Let's hope the recent run of clean sheets is continued into the second half of the season.

Only Norwich are showing any real consistency, under Davis if we were anything it was consistent. Let's hope the recent run of clean sheets is continued into the second half of the season.
Given that only two players from their Premier League squad were sold during the summer I would expect Norwich to be more consistent than they have been so far. They have been lucky quite a bit this season with late goals, decisions and other results going their way, yet they are not clear from the chasing pack.

Nugent was obviously a good goalscorer under Davies and Cresswell was for one season, but Agyemang/Dichio/Ormerod weren't exactly good goalscorers.

They were hard-workers who offered a lot for the team and their hard work probably enabled the likes of Nugent to get the goals, but their goalscoring records certainly weren't what you'd call "great".

Dichio seemed to be an unsung hero but I never really got it. He played 36 league games for us that season and didn’t get a single goal. His lay off play was pretty good but a striker needs to be scoring at least 1 or 2 goals for the team. Some people describe stockley as a ‘donkey.’ Dichio also missed some absolute sitters.

Dichio seemed to be an unsung hero but I never really got it. He played 36 league games for us that season and didn’t get a single goal. His lay off play was pretty good but a striker needs to be scoring at least 1 or 2 goals for the team. Some people describe stockley as a ‘donkey.’ Dichio also missed some absolute sitters.
Dichio was a superb target man who was on another level to Stockley.

Just as he started to score for us he left.

We might have made the play offs that season had he stayed.🤷🏻‍♂️

Let's be more upbeat.

Beat Forest and we'll have 35 points from half a season. Match that in the second half of the season, and we're on the cusp. And who doesn't think it's possible for improve a bit on 10 defeats in 23 games!

Let's be more upbeat.

Beat Forest and we'll have 35 points from half a season. Match that in the second half of the season, and we're on the cusp. And who doesn't think it's possible for improve a bit on 10 defeats in 23 games!
January will be an interesting month in terms of departures and arrivals.
Let's see what the squad looks like. At least we have Earl looking like he's going to be a regular and maybe Bayliss although have to see more from him to be convinced.

After an already ambitious transfer window, are people now looking up the table instead of down?
We’re still too weak up top for me. Not on about lacking a goalscorer because we spread goals really well across the whole team but just not sure we have a forward who can really unnerve and bully the opposition if he’s on his own (which he normally will be).

Well, I think Riis can but depends on whether he’s given enough of a run by AN. Also question marks about whether that bolshieness he arrived with has been quelled a little bit now he’s in and out of the team.

Those two goals away at Palace in the FA Cup replay though

It’s important we get someone else in at the back. It’s no good scoring 3 if we concede 4. We won’t challenge with a makeshift defence

The answer is increasingly looking like “yes”. 😁

Look at the form table for the last 6 games (a reasonable chunk of the season). We’ve averaged 2pts a game. Keep that up for the next 21 games and we finish on 77pts.

Easy.

Here’s hoping. I had prematurely written this season off as a bit of a lost cause but think the new signings will provide us with a lot of impetus and drive.

I'm particularly happy with the signing of Malumba.
I know it is only one game at Birmingham, but the way he linked up with teammates gives me hope that things can only improve.
If we can get to 10th with the inconsistent way we have played so far, the skys the limit for us.
It t could be our season for the play offs, but don't give up on automatic yet.

January will be an interesting month in terms of departures and arrivals.
Let's see what the squad looks like. At least we have Earl looking like he's going to be a regular and maybe Bayliss although have to see more from him to be convinced.
Earl won't be a regular imo.
He's ok going forward but is frail defensively.