PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Abusing players online

FootballcrazyP_

Crazy Bird Man
Patron
Please don't. One player has deleted his account tonight. Yes we frustrated, yes things are going wrong. But personally abusing players on their personal social media is not one, on any level. And specially new players.

Some fans have let our fan base down again tonight.

Fans of both clubs shown themselves up to be despicable here. Same north end “fans” will have been creaming themselves when we signed him, and those Millwall fans will have been the same ones gutted they didn’t bringing him back

Pathetic

It actually blows my mind that people sit at home and abuse professional football players. We can all have an opinion, but any player who is consistently getting games in the Championship has more talent in their left foot than these keyboard warriors have in their whole body.

Doesn’t surprise me that it was full of Millwall. Lovely group.

There are plenty of gobshites on the internet, I bet the majority of those giving out the abuse would be quiet as a mouse if they were to come face to face.

Gutless masturbation stains these keyboard warriors. Yes, we're playing turgid, dour football at the moment, but the tide will turn. I just hope that we're not in League 1 when it does.

I’ve been reading This forum over the past few days and interacting a little on it ..... and the negativity is astonishing. I would love a positive culture throughout the whole Club where fans / players / management / owner all come together - a bit like the old town end in the 90’s

Potts got loads of abuse last week as well.
It’s a complete and utter disgrace. Why do fans think they can abuse players behind a keyboard or behind the advertising hoarding at a match.
Players are only human - they are entitled to have a few bad games otherwise they would be playing for Man City or Bayern.
How can these ‘fans’ call themselves fans. Fact is they aren’t fans at all.

Potts got loads of abuse last week as well.
It’s a complete and utter disgrace. Why do fans think they can abuse players behind a keyboard or behind the advertising hoarding at a match.
Players are only human - they are entitled to have a few bad games otherwise they would be playing for Man City or Bayern.
How can these ‘fans’ call themselves fans. Fact is they aren’t fans at all.
If you want to track them down it’s quite easy
Wait for the next full moon. They are usually the ones throwing sticks at it

It's mental. I don't necessarily mind fans using names in tweets and if the player in question searches his own name and doesn't like what he reads then that's partially his own doing. However, tagging them in the tweet/post directly or even messaging them is just wrong.

I know this existed pre-COVID, but I do think it's worsened since football's gone behind closed doors as the usual avenues to vent frustration i.e. on the concourse or down the pub to each other have been replaced by forums, Twitter etc. and obviously these are far more permanent and accessible for the players themselves.

The abuse Potts has been getting recently is off the scale. Every time the official account tweeted a teamsheet or mentioned his name the replies were horrific. Loads of kids who need to learn that not every player is world class & sadly loads of adults who should know better.

I’d assume that most players know and accept the vagaties of social media And realise that the individuals venting their abuse are irrelevant moron.