PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Can anyone defend him now?

Should Alex Neil be sacked?

• Yes - Immediately

Votes: 259 79.9%
  • Yes - In the Summer

Votes: 37 11.4%
  • No

Votes: 28 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’m warming to the idea of Ainsworth, he’d be a risky appointment but just maybe worth the risk.

Ainsworth would be more of the same. He has worked a great counter attacking game at Wycombe where they surrender possession and stay organised, hitting on the break. Our problem is that this is all we are good at and everyone has worked it out a long time ago.

We would probably continue to beat the Rovers of this world and lose to the Rotherhams/Wycombes.

I loved Ainsworth as a player. I remember when he came back from Wimbledon under Kelham O'Hanlon and created a riotous atmosphere against Cov: blood pissing out of his head, a MOTM performance where we won 4-0 and one of their fans running onto the pitch to confront their player manager. It was chaos. Beautiful chaos. That, for me, was a fitting last chapter for a club legend. Let's not spoil it.

Ainsworth has limited experience of managing at Championship level, would be a risk way too far me. On top of that he’s a scruffy git.

I think he's more likely to get a Prem job than a Championship job next. He's in no rush, and everyone can see the low quality of the team he dragged up.
Can you really see a prem club going for a manager who has presided over one of the worst teams in Prem history? They'd be doing it based on one really good season and one complete disaster. I'd imagine that is a huge risk for a club owner. In the Championship, he has one year of stability after promotion from league 1, followed by promotion. I'll be amazed if his next job isn't in the Championship.

Westley was a risky appointment.
So was Moyes, Davies,
Ainsworth would be more of the same. He has worked a great counter attacking game at Wycombe where they surrender possession and stay organised, hitting on the break. Our problem is that this is all we are good at and everyone has worked it out a long time ago.

We would probably continue to beat the Rovers of this world and lose to the Rotherhams/Wycombes.

I loved Ainsworth as a player. I remember when he came back from Wimbledon under Kelham O'Hanlon and created a riotous atmosphere against Cov: blood pissing out of his head, a MOTM performance where we won 4-0 and one of their fans running onto the pitch to confront their player manager. It was chaos. Beautiful chaos. That, for me, was a fitting last chapter for a club legend. Let's not spoil it.
They didn't counter attack yesterday, they bossed it.

6 wins in 36 isn't competitive. The only team they have managed to be consistently competitive against is us.
On their budget it’s as competitive as could be expected. They’ve not looked out of their depth whenever I’ve seen them. With a bigger wage budget and better squad who knows what Ainsworth could do. Holding him accountable for Wycombe being bottom though is very harsh.

So was Moyes, Davies,

They didn't counter attack yesterday, they bossed it.

That's because we are utter shite and a team of powder puff losers who have lost belief in a manager who has mismanaged them. Wycombe got promoted on 30 odd percent percentage. Amazing really but reflects what we currently do well. In a lot of games in the Championship we will be the big boys and Neil doesn't seem to know how to break those teams down, seemingly. I think we need someone who does.

On their budget it’s as competitive as could be expected. They’ve not looked out of their depth whenever I’ve seen them. With a bigger wage budget and better squad who knows what Ainsworth could do. Holding him accountable for Wycombe being bottom though is very harsh.
Everyone is holding Neil accountable (I'm not saying he isnt) for where we are when we are pretty much where our budget says we should be.

Everyone is holding Neil accountable (I'm not saying he isnt) for where we are when we are pretty much where our budget says we should be.
It’s more than that though, Neil took over a mid table championship side and we’re now bottom half. Ainsworth I think has taken Wycombe from League 2 to 24th in the championship on a wage bill that still wouldn’t be top 6 in league 1 so it’s not really comparable.

He’s not my first choice but he’s done a remarkable job, and the football they play is refreshingly positive.

But surely the only time you’ve seen them was when they played us, which as mentioned appears to be the only time they’re truly competitive. A quarter of all their goals have come against us

They’re the only team to lose more than we have, they’re the only team to play as many long balls as we do (which everyone complains about Neil for) and they are bottom of the league with 6 wins. I don’t get why people want to bring their manager here

If he hadn’t played for north end it wouldn’t even be suggested

And last season wycombes budget said they should have finished in the bottom half of league one,but they didn't,its not all about budget