PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

If not Neil then who?

There’s no way Sheffield United will appoint Ainsworth. Their fans absolutely despise him because he ended the career of one of their most popular players.

After what Chris Morgan did to Iain Hume and the despicable interview given by Colin after... fuck Sheffield United.

So to whoever comes next, a possible interview question? ....So tell me what can you achieve at Preston North End and how are you going to do it?
Not much with our transfer strategy, we will end up buying 2 players cheap and the rest will be free transfers and loans.
We need real investment in the team, on quality not unproven lower league players.
We have no assets in the team which shows how bad the team is at the moment, maybe Browne but his form has been awful this season. I really fear for us next season, can see it a mile off unless things change!

Not much with our transfer strategy, we will end up buying 2 players cheap and the rest will be free transfers and loans.
We need real investment in the team, on quality not unproven lower league players.
We have no assets in the team which shows how bad the team is at the moment, maybe Browne but his form has been awful this season. I really fear for us next season, can see it a mile off unless things change!
We're not suddenly going to change and start throwing money into the squad. Buying younger players (ideally) and players from the league(s) below is, and I imagine will remain, our long term strategy. It's about identifying ones who can improve and become assets to the club.

Hard to debate with someone who just blatantly ignoring what's being discussed, but anyway.

I'm not expecting you to be an expert in my posts but I've posted my preference many times, bit left field and not popular but it's Russell Martin at mk Dons. his first season in football but a very distinctive style of play, developing players, an up and coming manager with a clear distinct structure.

And there's not only him in league 1, there's all the other names been discussed who seem to be if a similar ilk.

Neither am I against ainsworth, I genuinely like direct high energy football. But the only point I'm making is ainsworth with the same approach in the transfer market that Neil faced won't get us anywhere close to the promotion places, we'll just carry on as we are or even go backwards.

But an alternative approach, is going down a coach route aggressive scouting and player development generating income through player trading with a long-term goal of arriving at a squad that can eventually compete. What you'd get out of this approach as a supporter is being involved with the plan and seeing talent develop and move on but observing clear progression as a club.

Either way forward is valid but both need radical adjustments to our player recruitment, ainsworth route being the most unaffordable imo as this would mean we need to buy better than what we have been doing such as Rafferty stockley bodin moult etc. Can't see that can you?
Blatantly obvious, I’m ignoring what’s being discussed, when I’m talking about who I would chose as our next manager in a thread about who should be our next manager Ha Ha Ha . I’ve agreed with you our approach needs to change the club is going backwards it’s only Hemmings and Risdale who can change that approach. You then go and suggest we go for a manager with very little experience as a manager, how do you know he’s developed them that much in a short space of time maybe by the end of next season you can honestly say he has or he hasn’t . He would be a massive gamble and one I can’t see us willing to take and even you say we won’t go for him.

There’s no way Sheffield United will appoint Ainsworth. Their fans absolutely despise him because he ended the career of one of their most popular players.

Never knew about that, makes Ainsworth seem a horrible cunt. Similar to Koumas.

Blatantly obvious, I’m ignoring what’s being discussed, when I’m talking about who I would chose as our next manager in a thread about who should be our next manager Ha Ha Ha . I’ve agreed with you our approach needs to change the club is going backwards it’s only Hemmings and Risdale who can change that approach. You then go and suggest we go for a manager with very little experience as a manager, how do you know he’s developed them that much in a short space of time maybe by the end of next season you can honestly say he has or he hasn’t . He would be a massive gamble and one I can’t see us willing to take and even you say we won’t go for him.

More of a gamble than ainsworth?

Player development, it's in this article, take a look. https://offsiderulepodcast.com/2021...-way-how-the-efl-boss-revolutionised-mk-dons/

About same age as Neil was when he got Norwich promoted.

I know north end wouldnt go near an appointment like this, north end don't even have the imagination to go this direction, and you'd shit it, but like it or not this is the direction football is going in and the longer we wait to get a clear vision together and try something much more fundamental then the more we get left behind and the further we have to climb.

Any manager is gonna be a massive gamble if we want any form of success, honestly. We're not big enough or good enough that a 'safe pair of hands' can guide us into the play off picture. Safe implies playing to our level, and that will only ever find us as a mid table team.

So yeah, we need to expect some level of risk, same as we have been crying out for on the pitch.

More of a gamble than ainsworth?

Player development, it's in this article, take a look. https://offsiderulepodcast.com/2021...-way-how-the-efl-boss-revolutionised-mk-dons/

About same age as Neil was when he got Norwich promoted.

I know north end wouldnt go near an appointment like this, north end don't even have the imagination to go this direction, and you'd shit it, but like it or not this is the direction football is going in and the longer we wait to get a clear vision together and try something much more fundamental then the more we get left behind and the further we have to climb.
How many times do I have to say it I agree with you,, but can’t see things changing , but you seem to be stuck in a loop one article saying what a difference he’s made at MK Dons while achieving nothing but a finish probably around 10th in league 1 and suddenly he’s the way forward. You have stated we won’t go for him as our next manager so this is the end of my discussion with you bloody hell bring Ron Burgandy back so you can debate with him and bore each other to death both thinking you are right and whatever anyone else says is wrong and just like Ron I exspect you to reply because he always has to have the last word this is definitely mine to you .

How many times do I have to say it I agree with you,, but can’t see things changing , but you seem to be stuck in a loop one article saying what a difference he’s made at MK Dons while achieving nothing but a finish probably around 10th in league 1 and suddenly he’s the way forward. You have stated we won’t go for him as our next manager so this is the end of my discussion with you bloody hell bring Ron Burgandy back so you can debate with him and bore each other to death both thinking you are right and whatever anyone else says is wrong and just like Ron I exspect you to reply because he always has to have the last word this is definitely mine to you .
Haha have a nice afternoon.

He is bottom of the league though and just for the sake of debate, for two reasons it doesn't seem to land with the convinced that being the bottom of the league actually matters and he's also one of my all time favourite nobbers, but seems to be highly thought of for a manager bottom of the championship. Take away his Preston connections, which are as strong if not stronger at qpr and Wycombe, maybe Blackburn also, then we're getting excited over the bottom of the league manager. It's an odd old game.
We're getting excited over a manager with a League 2 budget getting better results than expected year in, year out over a lot of years. Even ourselves have a 2/3/4 times higher budget than Wycombe.

Yourself and others under Neil use to say we are where we are because of our poor budget. Ainsworth has taken Wycombe, with a league 2 budget, to the Championship. It's incredible with resources they have survived so long. Surely it's quite possible if he had our resources he could achieve better results?

At this level we are financial minnows. We need to over achieve to he anywhere near successful. Surely a manager with massively lower financial resources, who is use to over achieving year in year out, deserves serious merit and consideration?

It’s about to be 1!
Wycombe with 2 games to go, and one of the worse budgets in recent Championship history, are still not relegated. That is quite an achievement from their point of view, and where they were 7 seasons ago.

It must be long odds on for Frankie now. Done what was asked of him and players clearly busting their guts for him. Ledo must have run a marathon today. Trev likes a bargain so he is now the obvious candidate.

Still feels a bit of a Les Chapman appointment but I'm happy to give McAvoy a go. He seems to work very well with Thommo and Gally. Hopefully James Beet can find us some gems.

It's 6/1 against which is surprising, think it must be a done deal for someone else 🤔
I think it's simply a case of no one has been interviewed for the job. No word about interviewees has come out, so there's very little betting taking place.

Frankie won't just be given the job. I think he will need to be interviewed along with other potential candidates.

We're getting excited over a manager with a League 2 budget getting better results than expected year in, year out over a lot of years. Even ourselves have a 2/3/4 times higher budget than Wycombe.

Yourself and others under Neil use to say we are where we are because of our poor budget. Ainsworth has taken Wycombe, with a league 2 budget, to the Championship. It's incredible with resources they have survived so long. Surely it's quite possible if he had our resources he could achieve better results?

At this level we are financial minnows. We need to over achieve to he anywhere near successful. Surely a manager with massively lower financial resources, who is use to over achieving year in year out, deserves serious merit and consideration?
Let's cut to the chase eh, if he wasn't an ex pne player would you be writing so much absolutely nauseating bollocks?