PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

If not Neil then who?

That doesn't even make any sense 👍🏻
You thought my praise of Ainsworth and Wycombe was nauseating bollocks. And you asked if he wasn't an ex player would it be the same.

My reply was even if wasn't an ex player, I think the achievements of Wycombe and Ainsworth has been incredible. My thoughts are no different even if he wasn't an ex player.

You thought my praise of Ainsworth and Wycombe was nauseating bollocks. And you asked if he wasn't an ex player would it be the same.

My reply was even if wasn't an ex player, I think the achievements of Wycombe and Ainsworth has been incredible. My thoughts are no different even if he wasn't an ex player.
Great player ainsworth, nailed your colours to the mast, just say it, instead of making a case that's quite obviously a load of bollocks and not the most impressive credentials for the job.

People have criticised the likes of Lowe and Martin for being midtable in league 1, but forget that Ainsworth had Wycombe 9th

They were only in the playoffs on PPG

Let's cut to the chase eh, if he wasn't an ex pne player would you be writing so much absolutely nauseating bollocks?
Let's cut the chase, Ainsworth will land another Championship job maybe QPR or Rovers if not us for certain, on merit.
So him being ex North Ender is not the deal maker but its certainly an added bonus on this occasion.

People have criticised the likes of Lowe and Martin for being midtable in league 1, but forget that Ainsworth had Wycombe 9th

They were only in the playoffs on PPG
Second time you've made this point and the second time you've missed the point in my opinion. The reason they were 9th and reached the playoffs on PPG is because they had games in hand on the teams above them. Yes they were 9th, but win those games in hand then they're in the top 6. Hence the way it worked out. It's a bit of a strange argument to keep making.

Second time you've made this point and the second time you've missed the point in my opinion. The reason they were 9th and reached the playoffs on PPG is because they had games in hand on the teams above them. Yes they were 9th, but win those games in hand then they're in the top 6. Hence the way it worked out. It's a bit of a strange argument to keep making.
That’s a bit if. How are you supposed to say for certain they’d have won those games in hand?

Also how tf can you remember me making that point? I don’t even remember making it the first time

Great player ainsworth, nailed your colours to the mast, just say it, instead of making a case that's quite obviously a load of bollocks and not the most impressive credentials for the job.
What part is a load of bollocks? Taking Wycombe from League 2 to League 1 with one of the lowest budgets in the league? Taking Wycombe from League 1 to the Championship with one of the worst budgets in that league? Wycombe still mathematically having a chance of survival with 2 games to go with without question the worse budget by a mile in the league?

For someone who argued a lot that we couldn't do any better under Neil because of our budget, yet here is a manager who has far exceeded in results considering their budget, we can't praise him as he was an ex player!

A Wycombe player interviewed after the defeat at Cardiff today was praising Ainsworth and the fantastic togetherness at the club.
He said Ainsworth was straight in the dressing room geeing the players up for the last two games..
They probably won't make it but what a difference to the drivel we have endured, if we were in Wycombe's place it would be an absolute meltdown.

Ainsworth is one of those that I wouldn’t choose, but would be happy to see in the dugout, purely for the passion. I don’t think he’s the answer but he’d have my full support for as long as he was manager
This. I don't know if he can make the step up, but I'd enjoy the passion

That’s a bit if. How are you supposed to say for certain they’d have won those games in hand?

Also how tf can you remember me making that point? I don’t even remember making it the first time
Likewise how can you be certain they wouldn't. You can't use their position against him when it's not a true reflection. If it was then they wouldn't have made the playoffs.

Because it was only a few days ago. Thankfully my memory hasn't failed me.... Yet.

Likewise how can you be certain they wouldn't. You can't use their position against him when it's not a true reflection. If it was then they wouldn't have made the playoffs.

Because it was only a few days ago. Thankfully my memory hasn't failed me.... Yet.
I’ll gloss over the irony of telling people not to forget he finished 9th having forgotten I’ve said it once already

Wycombe with 2 games to go, and one of the worse budgets in recent Championship history, are still not relegated. That is quite an achievement from their point of view, and where they were 7 seasons ago.
Well done Wycombe - but do I want to chance a relegated championship manager with my team because he played for us ?

He is bottom of the league though and just for the sake of debate, for two reasons it doesn't seem to land with the convinced that being the bottom of the league actually matters and he's also one of my all time favourite nobbers, but seems to be highly thought of for a manager bottom of the championship. Take away his Preston connections, which are as strong if not stronger at qpr and Wycombe, maybe Blackburn also, then we're getting excited over the bottom of the league manager. It's an odd old game.
It's a bit harsh to criticise him for being bottom of the league. That's exactly where they should be and it would be a minor miracle for Wycombe to stay up in this league. Just look at their squad and resources.

But I do agree that the fact that he is an ex-player probably is playing a big part in the desire to have him appointment.

I think we need to go in a different direction personally. I don't want us to carry on with direct, backs to the wall football every week and I think Ainsworth would probably be a continuation of that. I think there of better candidates if we are aiming to get the ball on the floor a bit more and bring on younger players.

Says the guy who constantly backed Alex Neil following shit show after shit show and was telling us how certain doom would rain down on us if he left and nobody could do any better.

😂😂
Yep, I'm left on my own here no doubt about it, backing the manager who was 5pts off the play offs last time we played Coventry before 3 first team players were sold HAHAHA dead funny