PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Who's looking after Penwortham?

I do have to say, besides Tonis clearly being the best takeaway pizza in the world, I would have to split 50/50 between Guys and Italian Orchard for the best restaurant pizza.
Id say Toni's or pizza Roma in lostock hall for best take away ones,, only tried Italian orchard once muzza and it was almost dripping with oil so didn't really rate it mate.

I moved to Penwortham with my Mrs who is born and bred Penwortham back in 2017. I grew up around Longton, Walmer Bridge and Much Hoole and was never to keen on moving to Penwortham but since we've been here it's changed loads for the better. Loads of very good bars and eateries.

I moved to Penwortham with my Mrs who is born and bred Penwortham back in 2017. I grew up around Longton, Walmer Bridge and Much Hoole and was never to keen on moving to Penwortham but since we've been here it's changed loads for the better. Loads of very good bars and eateries.
I was with a group of more senior people, today, at Howick. The concensus there was they will no longer go into penwortham as, as they put it, "All the nice little local shops have become bars."

I'll nip out in the car now 🤪 (y)
Tonis do make an excellent pizza. However they have been usurped 1260 Craft and Crust. The dough is, as the say in modern parlance, off the scale!😊

Went into the Cow Shed, on Sunday. The mince pies are fantastic. Not cheap at £2, but well worth it.
Throw in a blob of ice cream, what’s not to like?

I was with a group of more senior people, today, at Howick. The concensus there was they will no longer go into penwortham as, as they put it, "All the nice little local shops have become bars."
I’m not sure if any “nice little shops” have actually become bars.

Tap and Vince was Swindon Insurance. Lime Bar was a bungalow. No 16 on the Hill, 1260 Craft and Crust, Gin Jar Ale and Bread and Butter, used to be the old Booths Supermarket (shut years ago) and Lloyd Bank/TSB.

Most of the changes I’ve seen, and I’ve lived here 32 years, are for the better. However the new road layout is a different matter!

Tonis do make an excellent pizza. However they have been usurped 1260 Craft and Crust. The dough is, as the say in modern parlance, off the scale!😊

Went into the Cow Shed, on Sunday. The mince pies are fantastic. Not cheap at £2, but well worth it.
I can't think of a better pizza locally than 1260 Craft & Crust in all honesty.

I’m not sure if any “nice little shops” have actually become bars.

Tap and Vince was Swindon Insurance. Lime Bar was a bungalow. No 16 on the Hill, 1260 Craft and Crust, Gin Jar Ale and Bread and Butter, used to be the old Booths Supermarket (shut years ago) and Lloyd Bank/TSB.

Most of the changes I’ve seen, and I’ve lived here 32 years, are for the better. However the new road layout is a different matter!
Penwortham has always had the potential to be a cracking part of town with it's own unique, upmarket eateries and craft bars away from town itself. I would say it's sort of like the Worsley/Monton of Preston but closer to the city centre which works in it's favour.

Good to see it finally realising it's potential. The same needs to be done with docks, such a waste in it's present state. There's potential there for a different kind of nightlife again but it's dominated by boring, typical retail units and a supermarket. The Morrisons isn't going anywhere with the refurb it's had and the addition of Starbucks but those units next to the Ribble Pilot could do with moving out towards the Lea Gate and that area being regenerated.

If they ever follow through with the upgrade of all the pavements and the road layout through the middle, it really will be the icing on the cake.

Also, the Christmas Tree went up yesterday 🎄🎄 (y)

If they ever follow through with the upgrade of all the pavements and the road layout through the middle, it really will be the icing on the cake.

Also, the Christmas Tree went up yesterday 🎄🎄 (y)

I’m sure I read somewhere that work would start next year once the work on the hill was complete

I’m sure I read somewhere that work would start next year once the work on the hill was complete

Heard yesterday from 2 more people looking to open new businesses next year on Liverpool Rd. In a similar vein to all the other food & drink places...

Probs get the nod if it were in penwortham

German style bar could be told 'nein' by Preston planners over noise issues | Lancashire Evening Post
Wow I've barely even noticed that building before. Just been on Streetview to check it.

I bet it would make a superb little bar. The Deacon in Lytham was an old bank and they spent gazillions turning it into a very smart bar.

Wow I've barely even noticed that building before. Just been on Streetview to check it.

I bet it would make a superb little bar. The Deacon in Lytham was an old bank and they spent gazillions turning it into a very smart bar.
It's a mint looking building, you've sometimes gotta look a bit beyond to really see some details and beauty in some of Preston's buildings, saw some photos of the bus station the other day and for the first time I sort of got the weird beauty of it (but what town sticks it miles from the trainstation 😂) or the weird swastikas in the stonework of st Wilfrid's church...

But still, that bar would've easily been passed in penwortham 😉

If we were to ever move back to Preston I think Penwortham would be at the top of my list having grown up there. Love visiting my parents there and seeing all the new additions on Liverpool Road.
My Mrs likes Buckshaw Village too.