PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Loanwatch 21/22

I watched Fleetwood vs Sheff Weds last Tuesday - Storey was at fault for the 1st Fleetwood goal. He played OK overall and saw he scored on Saturday for them. Playing in a decent side so not going to be massively tested. I can't see him walking back into our XI - would have Bambo ahead of him if he stays.
I would get a deal done with Wednesday asap ….there’s not many contracted players that we have who will generate a fee.

I would get a deal done with Wednesday asap ….there’s not many contracted players that we have who will generate a fee.
Will probably depend on Sheff Wed getting promotion, as they're a bit strapped for cash on L1 money.

We are losing VDB, its folly people talking of offloading Storey who has had an outstanding loan with Wednesday.

What is it with PNE fans?

In an ideal world, we'd keep Storey and ditch a load of the contracted dross.

The problem is, because we have so much contracted dross, the club will need a transfer budget to strengthen the squad if we are to avoid a relegation scrap next season, and so the sale of someone like Riis or Storey will - whether PNE fans like it or not - inevitably cross the minds of our owners and The Director.

Has moved to Central CB in recent games I read.

Be watching with interest Friday night's game.

Given Lowe's preferred way of playing then the Central CB is the only position Storey is suited to and the fact that he's performed well on loan highlights why we shouldn't offload him unless its for well above £1million and we can sign both our first choice wing-back options with the money.

There's a decent Championship defender in Storey but he seemed to lose his way under McAvoy (but then didn't most of the squad) - his performance at Forest seemed to sum it up when he spent most of the second half saying he'd knock Lyle Taylor out if he wasn't on a football pitch rather than concentrate on his game.

Lowe managed to drag Potts back from oblivion after the Forest game and of all the players who have been out on loan this season; Storey is his best chance of turning another one around.

Given Lowe's preferred way of playing then the Central CB is the only position Storey is suited to and the fact that he's performed well on loan highlights why we shouldn't offload him unless its for well above £1million and we can sign both our first choice wing-back options with the money.

There's a decent Championship defender in Storey but he seemed to lose his way under McAvoy (but then didn't most of the squad) - his performance at Forest seemed to sum it up when he spent most of the second half saying he'd knock Lyle Taylor out if he wasn't on a football pitch rather than concentrate on his game.

Lowe managed to drag Potts back from oblivion after the Forest game and of all the players who have been out on loan this season; Storey is his best chance of turning another one around.

Thought Storey at Birmingham was our stand out player, think Frankie didn’t do this young man any favours.

We are losing VDB, its folly people talking of offloading Storey who has had an outstanding loan with Wednesday.

What is it with PNE fans?

Outstanding in terms of performing in a team that has some serious talent around him in L1 (Bannan, Gregory, Peacock-Farrell). Albeit once, the time I watched him he was up against Joe Garner and struggled, was at fault for Fleetwood's goal and didn't look as outstanding as some Sheff Weds fans have made him out to be.

Like to see how he gets on in the play-offs, if Sheff Weds go up (arguably favorites) then they might want to do a permanent deal. For me, I would cash in on a sell-able asset, he failed to step up for us and that position is somewhere we need improvement not risking another year of potential

Storey starts against Sunderland and Alex Neil. Will certainly be interesting with Alex Neil being acutely aware of storey’s strengths and weaknesses.

Storey playing in front of 43k tonight and 30+k in the return at Sheffield, do you think he I’ll want to return to deepdale?

Storey playing in front of 43k tonight and 30+k in the return at Sheffield, do you think he I’ll want to return to deepdale?
I have nothing against Jordan Storey but he doesn’t look like the RCB who Ryan Lowe would be looking for in the Championship.

Record for an EFL play-off semi-final. Photo on BBC website shows someone who looks like AN but they look animated and involved....

Probably someone whose career is rejuvenated after working under Trevor and his sidekick.

I thought Neil’s next job would be in the championship. Managing Sunderland is as good as. There isn’t a single club in the championship that would get them sort of crowd figures in a league one play off game.