PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Loanwatch 21/22

Probably someone whose career is rejuvenated after working under Trevor and his sidekick.

I thought Neil’s next job would be in the championship. Managing Sunderland is as good as. There isn’t a single club in the championship that would get them sort of crowd figures in a league one play off game.
Biggest capacity currently in the Championship is Middlesborough 34,988.

𝙊’𝙍𝙀𝙄𝙇𝙇𝙔 𝙉𝘼𝙈𝙀𝘿 𝙅𝙐𝙉𝙀 𝙋𝙇𝘼𝙔𝙀𝙍 𝙊𝙁 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙈𝙊𝙉𝙏𝙃

Congratulations to Adam O’Reilly who has been voted as our Manguard Plus Player of the Month for June

The 21-year-old has been in flying form on loan from Preston North End

He was presented with his award by Jamie Quinn from Manguard Plus

Well done Adam

#StPatsFC #Saints2022

𝙊’𝙍𝙀𝙄𝙇𝙇𝙔 𝙉𝘼𝙈𝙀𝘿 𝙅𝙐𝙉𝙀 𝙋𝙇𝘼𝙔𝙀𝙍 𝙊𝙁 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙈𝙊𝙉𝙏𝙃

Congratulations to Adam O’Reilly who has been voted as our Manguard Plus Player of the Month for June

The 21-year-old has been in flying form on loan from Preston North End

He was presented with his award by Jamie Quinn from Manguard Plus

Well done Adam

#StPatsFC #Saints2022
Can’t help but feel sorry for O’Reilly not getting a chance here.

Hope he finds a new lease of life if he heads out to Italy. Lad deserves a fresh start and proper opportunity.

Criminal how he hasn't had a single chance here.

We'll regret losing him.
Disagree, where does he fit in here?

All well and good he's doing well in the LOI but he's 21 now and can't really equate doing well in the LOI to delivering in the Championship.

Wish him all the best but he's played 1 minute of football for us at the age of 21 and has had loans at Hyde, Stalybridge, Brig, Waterford and St Pat's.

If he's not made it yet, I have huge reservations about if he'll make it in the English second tier sadly, especially with the other, younger talents we've got at the club who play in similar positions.

Rank bad management by AN and FM that O’Reilley never got a look in imo. There was a period of a good 12 months that Browne was absolutely shit (just after he’d signed his new contract) and Adam should have been given his chance then. I’ve said this a few times over the last 2-3 years. He will finish up being a better player than Browne. He just needed the opportunity.

Disagree, where does he fit in here?

All well and good he's doing well in the LOI but he's 21 now and can't really equate doing well in the LOI to delivering in the Championship.

Wish him all the best but he's played 1 minute of football for us at the age of 21 and has had loans at Hyde, Stalybridge, Brig, Waterford and St Pat's.

If he's not made it yet, I have huge reservations about if he'll make it in the English second tier sadly, especially with the other, younger talents we've got at the club who play in similar positions.
Whilst I can agree with the bulk of this, I can’t see how 1 minute of football is giving the lad a chance. He should have been given more opportunities. I feel O’Reilley is yet another decent player we’ve allowed to stagnate, and needs to move on to progress.

Whilst I can agree with the bulk of this, I can’t see how 1 minute of football is giving the lad a chance. He should have been given more opportunities. I feel O’Reilley is yet another decent player we’ve allowed to stagnate, and needs to move on to progress.
Surely you have to earn the right to a place in the first team by training better then others and when you have the opportunity in reserves games show what you can do to.

If Adam O'Reilly wasn't a North End player and we were linked with signing him this window there would be a meltdown saying he isn't good enough and we should be signing players from better leagues. Have we not learnt from the likes of Burke, O'Connor

Surely you have to earn the right to a place in the first team by training better then others and when you have the opportunity in reserves games show what you can do to.

If Adam O'Reilly wasn't a North End player and we were linked with signing him this window there would be a meltdown saying he isn't good enough and we should be signing players from better leagues. Have we not learnt from the likes of Burke, O'Connor
Completely different scenario. Our Youth Team coaches have coached O’Reilly from a young age and we invested a lot of time and effort into his development. Unfortunately, Managers have their favourites and Browne and Barkhuizen found themselves undroppable despite how shit they might have been playing at the time.

If O’Reilly wasn’t a PNE player, I doubt we’d be interested in signing him, which would probably be the same with O’Neil, Bennett & Co. but our Youth team players are just that and haven’t cost us any transfer fees. Unfortunately, some good youth team players will get released for whatever reason, and AO looks like he’ll be the latest in that bracket.

Rank bad management by AN and FM that O’Reilley never got a look in imo. There was a period of a good 12 months that Browne was absolutely shit (just after he’d signed his new contract) and Adam should have been given his chance then. I’ve said this a few times over the last 2-3 years. He will finish up being a better player than Browne. He just needed the opportunity.

Without going full Voldemort, would wager a significant amount he won't get to Browne's level.

Completely different scenario. Our Youth Team coaches have coached O’Reilly from a young age and we invested a lot of time and effort into his development. Unfortunately, Managers have their favourites and Browne and Barkhuizen found themselves undroppable despite how shit they might have been playing at the time.

If O’Reilly wasn’t a PNE player, I doubt we’d be interested in signing him, which would probably be the same with O’Neil, Bennett & Co. but our Youth team players are just that and haven’t cost us any transfer fees. Unfortunately, some good youth team players will get released for whatever reason, and AO looks like he’ll be the latest in that bracket.
I'm not too sure about that, given our interest in up-and-coming Irish players in recent years!