PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Attacking Brand

We can at best only get one win over the next couple of weeks because there is only one match in that period - nothing on the last week-end of the month. After that a massively intense October. Let's see how we do.
Just meant this as a figure of speech - a couple, a few etc., but I did also think they might try & squeeze the postponed Bristol City one in at some point seeing as the rest of the year is so jam-packed.

Just meant this as a figure of speech - a couple, a few etc., but I did also think they might try & squeeze the postponed Bristol City one in at some point seeing as the rest of the year is so jam-packed.
A couple of last weekends games which where of are now reschedule for Oct Nov before World Cup.so guessing Bristol City game could be before then but nothing yet.

In Lowe's last full season at Plymouth (league 1):

They ended with a -27 goal difference.

They lost 8 home games including 0-6, 0-4, 0-3, 0-3

Lost 5-1 away at Fleetwood

Went from being in 9th place on 13th February to finish 18th.

They had runs of losing 6 in a row, 5 in a row and 4 in a row. They also lost his last 3 games before he joined us.

In 34 games of that season they scored 1 goal or none. So in only 12 games across an entire league 1 season they scored more than 1 goal.

Finished the season with 6 defeats and 1 draw from their last 7.

I think it's 34 goals in 35 games since he took over here (or something close to that).

Whilst he could have been backed more in the window lets not get completely sucked in by his waffle and bluster. He needs to buck up quickly.

I mean . . . DJ turned in that performance while wearing the captain's armband last night. In a local derby.

Jesus. He played like he thought it was an open training session. :oops:

That seems to be the general view. I watched on TV and thought that, whilst he didn't produce when on the ball, he worked his socks off. Forever tracking back and getting into good defensive positions and played a big part in a (dour) very organised defensive display against a better team.

@Tino

In 30 odd league games here (think it is 34 now), Lowe has lost just 7. Undefeated in the other 27.

Totally different scenario to Plymouth.
You're right, but we're talking about his brand. His brand which seems to have been built on what he's said rather than what he produced long term at his previous club and so far here.

Accepting that under him last season before he left Plymouth were far better.

You're right, but we're talking about his brand. His brand which seems to have been built on what he's said rather than what he produced long term at his previous club and so far here.

Accepting that under him last season before he left Plymouth were far better.
My fear, as I posted about 2 months ago, is Lowe walking... and then we end up lumbered with some absolute numpty (we are due one!!).

My fear, as I posted about 2 months ago, is Lowe walking... and then we end up lumbered with some absolute numpty (we are due one!!).

I wouldn't worry bout that. He would literally deem himself as half decent at league 1 level but can't cut it in the Championship. Nobody would look at the context, assume he couldn't do what Neil did in his first years here at that 'well run little club'.

I know he wasn't backed fully, he just needs to get it working for the sake of his own career.

@Tino

In 30 odd league games here (think it is 34 now), Lowe has lost just 7. Undefeated in the other 27.

Totally different scenario to Plymouth.
Just to add to this point of mine, any other club with ambition that had a manager with just 7 defeats in 34 would unequivocally back their man to the hilt to achieve both his and their absolute maximum.

Sadly, here at PNE, 60% is their (The Family) 100%.