PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Police Commander of the game against BurnleyFC

nalts

After the game against the Dingles I was walking across the car park at the Sir Tom Finney Stand towards Deepdale Road to wait for either a number 6 or number 19 bus back to the bus station, and I noticed in the distance on Deepdale Road blue flashing lights on the top of 3 Police Vehicles parked across Deepdale Road blocking all traffic in both directions, and I asked a Corporal Police Officer why they were doing this, and he replied that the Police Commander had ordered for it to happen because they didn't want the Burnley fans to be able to walk down Deepdale Road, so there going to guide them through Moor Park Avenue.

So I asked him how the heck will the public transport Buses be able to drive to the bus stop at the other side of your Police Minibuses.

I also noticed that they'd done the exactly same thing towards Blackpool Road by blocking the road.

I don't want to think about what will happen when we do manage to get into the Premiership and were playing against a club in which our Police Force think that they have unruly supporters.

I have emailed pnefc and not received any reply from them, so I am hoping that I entered the correct email address, I didn't get a not recognised notification, and the email address I have used is below.
management@pnefc.com
so if any of you guys have the proper email address for the hierarchy at our club Preston North End please let me know it on here.

I ended up walking all of the way home, but I live in Preston, which concerns me about some of our supporters who usually catch the bus to and from the bus station when PNEFC are playing at Deepdale Stadium and perhaps live in Bamber Bridge, I have also emailed my MP Sir Mark Hendrick about the terrible decision of the Games Police Commander's stupidity in his decision.
I haven't had a reply from the MP but I suppose they'll still be the summer break.

Enough said on this matter, because I am absolutely annoyed with the actions and foolishness of that so-called Police Commander.

Nolts

I think the stopping of traffic going down Deepdale Road for a period of time makes a lot of sense and makes the egress of people from the stadium a far safer experience.

The same is done at the Manchester arena allowing people to walk safely into Manchester.

After the game against the Dingles I was walking across the car park at the Sir Tom Finney Stand towards Deepdale Road to wait for either a number 6 or number 19 bus back to the bus station, and I noticed in the distance on Deepdale Road blue flashing lights on the top of 3 Police Vehicles parked across Deepdale Road blocking all traffic in both directions, and I asked a Corporal Police Officer why they were doing this, and he replied that the Police Commander had ordered for it to happen because they didn't want the Burnley fans to be able to walk down Deepdale Road, so there going to guide them through Moor Park Avenue.

So I asked him how the heck will the public transport Buses be able to drive to the bus stop at the other side of your Police Minibuses.

I also noticed that they'd done the exactly same thing towards Blackpool Road by blocking the road.

I don't want to think about what will happen when we do manage to get into the Premiership and were playing against a club in which our Police Force think that they have unruly supporters.

I have emailed pnefc and not received any reply from them, so I am hoping that I entered the correct email address, I didn't get a not recognised notification, and the email address I have used is below.
management@pnefc.com
so if any of you guys have the proper email address for the hierarchy at our club Preston North End please let me know it on here.

I ended up walking all of the way home, but I live in Preston, which concerns me about some of our supporters who usually catch the bus to and from the bus station when PNEFC are playing at Deepdale Stadium and perhaps live in Bamber Bridge, I have also emailed my MP Sir Mark Hendrick about the terrible decision of the Games Police Commander's stupidity in his decision.
I haven't had a reply from the MP but I suppose they'll still be the summer break.

Enough said on this matter, because I am absolutely annoyed with the actions and foolishness of that so-called Police Commander.

Nolts
It was annoying wasn't it. Complete and utter bellend with an bellendish idea.

management@pnefc.com

Nolts
Sounds like a matter for the PSC to raise with the club and or/police.

I've sent you a message. (y)

Ps. Good luck with getting a reply from the MP . . !

I think the stopping of traffic going down Deepdale Road for a period of time makes a lot of sense and makes the egress of people from the stadium a far safer experience.

The same is done at the Manchester arena allowing people to walk safely into Manchester.
I have always thought that this should be the norm as crossing to get to Moor Park school car park was always a bit harrowing. I now park at the ground so I don't care :ROFLMAO:

;)

It was always going to be a bit chaotic on Tuesday night. Burnley brought the maximum amount of away fans we will ever have and naturally after a Tuesday night game a lot of people are in a bit more of a rush to get home.

I walk down Deepdale Road to where I park usually just over the old Longridge railway line and when we've had a big crowd on it can be pretty dangerous, especially as many park on the actual pavement down there.

Its pretty normal for roads to be closed for a short period around football grounds etc to help safely disperse a large crowd. I would imagine it would be routine if we got promoted. I would assume had you got on the bus you'd not have been sat there very long before they re-opened the road, allowing the bus to continue on its journey.

I think more is the Issue about the Bus Planning than the Police. This has been done for many years, well back into the 90's. Normally doesn't take long. However the Old Preston Bus and Stagecoach would often have a few Buses waiting at the Bus stop near the Army Place with the Tank. However I noticed this stopped when the new company took over. Short sighted of the Bus Company. Lost revenue. 2/3 Double Deckers leaving when full or after 15 minutes of the end of game, then one 25 minutes and 30 etc going to the Train Station would make the a nice little packet. So probably better email the Bus Companies. Be aware the same will likely happen on Saturday when they expect another 20k crowd.

management@pnefc.com

Nolts

enquiries@pne.com

I thought the police got it spot on and didn't see any issues.

Always going to be slight inconveniences when you have 5,500 dingles visiting.
Maybe so, with the case of the dingles usual behaviour JK but you've totally missed my point that the Preston Buses weren't able to operate and drive to the bus stops on their way to Preston Bus Station, meaning loads of pne supporters flummoxed with a massively long walk home, to the likes of say Bamber Bridge or Leyland etc.

I parked near Romford Rd Fire station and it was about half ten by time I got away... Never mind.. I thought the police were OK on Tuesday.. Then again I was not near where you were having problems

If they would have been scrapping on Deepdale road people would have complained that they didn’t direct them a different way. A couple of delayed busses was probably the least of their concern.

It was always going to be a bit chaotic on Tuesday night. Burnley brought the maximum amount of away fans we will ever have and naturally after a Tuesday night game a lot of people are in a bit more of a rush to get home.

I walk down Deepdale Road to where I park usually just over the old Longridge railway line and when we've had a big crowd on it can be pretty dangerous, especially as many park on the actual pavement down there.

Its pretty normal for roads to be closed for a short period around football grounds etc to help safely disperse a large crowd. I would imagine it would be routine if we got promoted. I would assume had you got on the bus you'd not have been sat there very long before they re-opened the road, allowing the bus to continue on its journey.
Cheers for the reply NG White because a lot of what you've stated is absolutely right, especially if and when we are promoted to the Premiership, but I am stating that the buses were not able to reach the bus stop for supporters to get onto the bus whilst those 3 Police Minibuses were blocking access for the vehicles to travel. Meaning myself and lots of other PNE supporters weren't going to catch a bus, so I and others wasn't seated on the bus.

Maybe so, with the case of the dingles usual behaviour JK but you've totally missed my point that the Preston Buses weren't able to operate and drive to the bus stops on their way to Preston Bus Station, meaning loads of pne supporters flummoxed with a massively long walk home, to the likes of say Bamber Bridge or Leyland etc.
They would only have needed to walk to the bus station, surely?

If they would have been scrapping on Deepdale road people would have complained that they didn’t direct them a different way. A couple of delayed busses was probably the least of their concern.
Pne30 my point of the situation wasn't anything to do with buses being delayed, it was the fact that no Buses or any vehicles were able to travel down or up Deepdale Road, plus it's very late at night meaning that those buses stop running at a certain time Pne30 and quite a lot of fellow fans were not able to perhaps catch a further bus at the station to carry on the journey.

Pne30 my point of the situation wasn't anything to do with buses being delayed, it was the fact that no Buses or any vehicles were able to travel down or up Deepdale Road, plus it's very late at night meaning that those buses stop running at a certain time Pne30 and quite a lot of fellow fans were not able to perhaps catch a further bus at the station to carry on the journey.
You mentioned Bamber Bridge. The last bus from the Bus station, the 125, leaves at 23.20

Leyland is 2250 the 111

They would only have needed to walk to the bus station, surely?
raefil: surely yes, but because it was an 8pm kick off for the Sky Coverage making it a later than normal end of the Match, and that becomes a knock on effect because of the time people are needing to reach bus station for a connection of the 2nd Bus.

You mentioned Bamber Bridge. The last bus from the Bus station, the 125, leaves at 23.20

Leyland is 2310
raefil: no trouble then, for supporters who are going to Bamber Bridge. But not everyone is as fit as they were when younger, or for example on the many occasions I have caught the bus to Deepdale Stadium a few older aged people who simply love watching pne from the past of when Finney was still doing his skills, and some people use crutches.