PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Matchday Thread Reading v PNE - 04/11/22 - KO:20:00 - Championship

It's unbelievable how bad the teams in the Championship this season look .I thought Reading were the pits and I've seen some shite teams this season including us .Well done PNE maybe a dogged defence does get us in play offs this year .🤣🤣

There’ll always be the Blackpools or the Brizzle Citys - we aren’t strong (or rich) enough to storm this division. But we are clearly a very good team and we’re getting better by the day.
I read a lot of ‘putrid’ comments earlier tonight but we bossed that game throughout and deserved to win. With the lead, we probably dropped a bit too deep but the penalty was soft and without it we’d have walked home.
Ched has his detractors but you can’t argue with that level of commitment or his finishing (btw, I don’t think his second took a deflection - he hit it with the outside of his boot and curled it in).
It almost goes without saying that the defence are fantastic - can’t pick between Hughes, Lindsay and Storey - and midfield tonight did particularly well, especially Brady, Potts and (I thought) DJ. Ledson needs more game time to perfect his distribution but he’s an able replacement for Whiteman. Collectively, they pressed and harassed very effectively. We defend throughout the team.
Just heard Paul Ince say there was no difference between the two teams. Deluded - yet another reason why we won.
Very mixed feelings about this World Cup but if it coincides with PNE in the top six and allows time for Whiteman and Parrott to return then who knows where this squad may go?

Superb result from a performance that was basically about discipline and hard work with just enough in the way of flashes of inspiration to get us the goals to get us the points. Brady has upped his act decisively over the last couple of matches. My guess is that Riis is just tired. But after three matches in seven days we now have a full week for the team to get their energy back.

“I think I was known for attacking football in League one but you have to adapt in the championship” - Lowe to sky sports

Good to hear that. Think there was a concern he’d stick to the “brand” no matter what
I think that's just as important as the result for me. The manager is learning and has expressed a degree of humility and keeping our feet on the ground.

Thought we were decent tonight against a side that will be in trouble come April. The pen is soft but Brady as an experienced pro gave him a decision to make but the whole passage of play came from a really poor blind Ledson pass which you just can't do in the Championship. He'll learn from that you hope but generally tonight, 6s, 7s across the board and a big strong 8 for Ched who second half was an absolute menace.

Superb result from a performance that was basically about discipline and hard work with just enough in the way of flashes of inspiration to get us the goals to get us the points. Brady has upped his act decisively over the last couple of matches. My guess is that Riis is just tired. But after three matches in seven days we now have a full week for the team to get their energy back.
No mention for Evans starting a game and being effective ernest?😉